Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Sting is back, now holds a win over Roode, and has a title match at Slammiversary. Although I'm a big Sting fan, I can't help but feel a little let down with him being back. I was truly hoping he'd be gone longer, maybe return at BFG, and I was truly hoping he'd return in better shape and maybe a change in look. Don't get me wrong, I liked his "joker" character when he was going crazy on Hogan to make him turn face, but I feel it has run its course and no longer needed. Is it possible Sting was returned early due to the decision to go Live for the summer? Will it make a difference with him being active during this time? Anybody else feel disappointed with his return tonight?

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,424 Posts
Well, im a massive Sting mark tbh, and i havn't seen the Live show yet so can't comment on his match directly, but a agree that it is too soon for his latest 'comeback' and like you i fully (through being nieve or just blind loyalty on my part) expected him to sort of be in 'better shape (altough what that is nowadays i dunno) and DEFINATLY change his fucking look,

I never liked the Joker image, just sooo out of place IMO, and yes i know The Crow gimmick is old news etc but i really don't care, id rather that then this, even go back to Surfer Sting FFS,

His comeback entrance should have been him as the Crow (which when asked via Twitter if that was happening, he replied " Watch and find out ", so that was bollocks, and just walk down the ring slowly, or even cut a decent promo would have been ace,

If he wants to come back as an active wrestler, which is his intention i believe, i just thought he'd make a bigger deal out of it, he cant go on forever, just another lame, pointless comeback, and if he does indeed win the title - god help us.

As you can tell, im annoyed at him lol, been a follower of his since the early 90's and have always respected him, even though he has missed the boat for the last ten years IMO, but this time i just can't be arsed.

Although, knowing me, ill still follow the remainder of his 'career'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree with you, I'm one of the most loving I crazy for Sting in the offing against Anderson and the Immortal Hulk Hogan and you feel More than that crazy Joker, I think that the Joker figure close to the end of our observers we now look for the positives of the Joker in order to remember this character remain positive side and Sting to respect what he gave us such personal and previous characters.

+

THANK'S

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Dont see the big deal really.

He isnt going to win the title at Slammy, they just had him win last night to make him look a legit threat after Roode destroyed him last time.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,424 Posts
Dont see the big deal really.

He isnt going to win the title at Slammy, they just had him win last night to make him look a legit threat after Roode destroyed him last time.
Yeah indeed, i havn't seen the match but it sounds what i expected, for Sting to comeback and beat Roode for what Roode did to him and Dixie, but it's just his whole lame comeback that has totally irked me tbf.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
TNA biggest ppv of the summer.

Makes sense from a business stand point to put your biggest legend face your current world champion.

·
Registered
16 Posts
dont you all get lost in matches anymore? in the story... its an art form. they are atheletes.

irked by a return:), give me a break. just enjoy wrestling is all i say.

Joe- business stand point to put your biggest legend face your current world champion- damn man stop watching its wasted on you.

·
Banned
354 Posts
dont you all get lost in matches anymore? in the story... its an art form. they are atheletes.

irked by a return:), give me a break. just enjoy wrestling is all i say.

Joe- business stand point to put your biggest legend face your current world champion- damn man stop watching its wasted on you.
Hate to disappoint you, but wrestling "fans" on the Internet exist only to complain about the tiniest detail. No one enjoys wrestling anymore, especially TNA "fans".

Just keep posting until you can get into the Rants section, lurk there, then enjoy the non-wrestling areas. It's the best course of action.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
I enjoyed yesterday show but still I have a opinion about it.
Once the show starts I'm a fan again...

There's no perfect wrestling event out there, my "bitching" is constructive and I'm not the kind of guy that watches a show in 5 years and shits on it for the sake of being cool.

In a day where kayfabe is getting pushed to the edge there's nothing wrong in looking at wrestling as business.

Music/Films are also art... does money play a big part in it too? Fuck yes.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Sting being back is good for TNA. Obviously he's a big name in wrestling which brings credibility. Sting winning over Roode last night on Impact also means Sting is going to put over Roode for their WHC match at Slammiversary.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts