Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here ever wanted Sting in the WWE? Why or why not?

What is your opinion of Sting? Do you think he is a great wrestler or overrated?

Do you think eventually after his TNA career he will be inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame?

Also, which dream match do you wish most you could have seen Sting in if he ever worked for Vince McMahon?

Sting VS. The Rock
Sting VS. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
Sting VS. The Undertaker
Sting VS. John Cena
Sting VS. Edge
Sting VS. Kane
Sting VS. Shawn Michaels
Sting VS. HHH
Sting VS. Randy Orton
Sting VS. Vince McMahon
Sting VS. Brock Lesnar
Sting VS. Batista

·
4X Efed World Champion
676 Posts
Sting will never work for WWE. It's a known fact he doesn't want to work for Vince.

IF he came to the WWE, it probably would be a 1 thing only deal.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Seeing how Vince McMahon failed to book DDP,Goldberg,Booker T, Steiner, and RVD properly can Sting expect to be treated better.

DDP being booked as a stalker to Undertaker for crying out loud? WTF Vince?!?! The guy was so over in wcw and he fucked it up.

Goldberg? How could Vince fuck up that one?

Booker T was treated like a jobber for his wwe run in the beginning. The man came from wcw where he was a 5 time wcw champion. Same for Steiner and RVD. Both were established main eventers in their prior companies and bad booking by Vince killed their momentum.

Sting would be a moron to trust Vince Mcmahon to properly book him.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
He's overrated. Never felt he was that special in the ring and his gimmick was just a ripoff. He had chairisma, but otherwise he was nothing special.

And Sting shouldve gone to the WWF in 1994. From the second Hogan arrived his career was butchered.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Seeing how Vince McMahon failed to book DDP,Goldberg,Booker T, Steiner, and RVD properly can Sting expect to be treated better.

DDP being booked as a stalker to Undertaker for crying out loud? WTF Vince?!?! The guy was so over in wcw and he fucked it up.

Goldberg? How could Vince fuck up that one?

Booker T was treated like a jobber for his wwe run in the beginning. The man came from wcw where he was a 5 time wcw champion. Same for Steiner and RVD. Both were established main eventers in their prior companies and bad booking by Vince killed their momentum.

Sting would be a moron to trust Vince Mcmahon to properly book him.
ddp chose his own story he even said it in interviews he could have fueded with the rock or do the stalker thing with taker, goldberg annihilated the entire roster and his only loses involved a bunch of guys and weapons; went out with a win at mania, only because vince wouldnt book him to go undefeated did he leave, booker t pretty much had a title almost everyday during his wwe run and picked some of his own stories including king booker which was his idea. steiner had a string of horrible matches and rvd was a druggie, so those were sound business choices. you forget at the eddie, y2j, rey who all went on to wwe championships, hell booker t pinned john cena on ppv.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Sting was certainly better back in the early days of the blonde hair and the early Crow Sting.

I never really thought about what would happen if Sting went to WWE and honestly, i'm glad he didn't. DDP should have followed Stings footsteps of staying away also in my opinion because WWE sure did screw up the DDP character.

Part of whats great about Sting not working with Vince is that we can sit here and ponder what could have happened. Theres not too many popular wrestlers in recent years who you can do the same thing with.

..but yeah, I hope Sting stays away from WWE unless it's the HOF. Some things are just best to be left to wonder.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I'd love Sting to go to the WWE. He could have so many dream matches even if he signed now...
Taker, Kane, Orton, Cena, HHH etc.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
DDP chose his own doom.

Goldberg wasn't booked badly at all, he still demolished most of the roster - it just isn't as interesting the second time. Fact of the matter is, Goldberg's biggest selling point ever was his undefeated streak. Once that's gone, he had nothing. The guy couldn't work decent matches, he had a childish approach to backstage politics and he had no real personality either.

Booker T... the guy main evented a wrestlemania, won the KotR, World Titles, tag titles, midcard titles and was super over for parts of his career. What else did you want them to do with him?

Steiner? Seriously? They brought him in hot into a feud with the big dog at the time. Then he had two of the most awful PPV matches for the World Title I've ever had the misfortune of sitting through. You can consider that chance BLOWN.

RVD... come on now dude. They put this guy over John F'N Cena for the WWE title. He blew it with his inability to be professional and give up the fucking weed.

Every one of those guys had a chance.

As for Sting... it'll be sad to think that we've never seen him in a WWE ring. Maybe they'd have gotten it right and maybe they'd have blown it - but as wrestling fans we all wanted to see it. Now it's too late. I don't want a Sting that is way past his best and should be retired.

·
Banned
18,557 Posts
Sting said he'd love to work with The Undertaker.Sting is one of the few guys The Rock would come out of retirement to face and back in 2002 when Sting was THIS close to signing with WWF, Triple H was going to be his opponent.

So at least we have two matches to look forward to if Sting decides to finally come next year!

ーVic

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
If I've said it once I'll say it again -- Sting should not end his career at a theme park,in front of 900 smarks.Overrated or not,the character is one of the famous in wrestling history.

He's in a nice position to negotiate a deal with the WWE in which he doesn't receive the same treatment as Lance Storm and Mike Awesome.A DVD,legend's deal and HOF induction is the only way to honor his career,followed by a match at Wrestlemania in Atlanta.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Sting is a legend. If he joined the WWF, Vince would make him kiss his ass, fart in his face and sh1t all over his career.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would love to see sting in WWE not sure if it will happen though. I hope it does and sting would be stupid not too. He only needs a build at a rumble say eliminating taker and then them feuding at Mania. Along with that he would get Hall of Fame no doubt and with WWE's libaries I'm sure there would be a DVD in the works!

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
He is underrated, very little have seen how great this guy is, he hasn't been exposed and people don't even know he exists so how can he be overrated? I think his name should be one of the greats like Taker, Hbk, instead he is forgotten and hardly anyone knows him or has any clue how great he was.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
I loved Sting before I ever supported the Undertaker, Austin, Rick Rude, or anyone like that. He's my absolute favorite WCW performer of all time. He deserves to be honored and respected on every level. Had some fun matches....had one of the most over runs of all time in 1997...and has always put over and done what's right for he business. It's no wonder Rock wanted to work with him at WM 21.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Sting is one of the greatest ever, no doubt about it. And the fact that he earned that recognition without being one single day in WWE tells you how fucking awesome he was, and is.

·
Registered
621 Posts
He's overrated. Never felt he was that special in the ring and his gimmick was just a ripoff. He had chairisma, but otherwise he was nothing special.

And Sting shouldve gone to the WWF in 1994. From the second Hogan arrived his career was butchered.
It's a strange thing for Undertaker fan to think Sting's gimmick is a rippoff ! The Undertaker gimmick is inspired by movies and The Undertaker said it himself. Sting's famous gimmick is inspired but not a rippoff of a movie character. Like it or not he was probably the biggest star in pro wrestling in mid 90 -something Undertaker has never been.

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
I remember a radio interview with Chris Jericho a while back, and the host asked him his opinion of Sting. Jericho said:
"Singer or wrestler?"
"Both"
"Singer, great. Wrestler, overrated."
That's all there is to say about Sting really.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts