Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
I would prefer Sting/Taker at summerslam, because I don't really feel like waiting any longer for Taker/Cena at WM. And I've cooled big time on the idea of Lesnar/Rock at WM 31. Let's be honest the feud between Rock/Lesnar would be boring. If Lesnar couldn't put in a good feud with the Undertaker this year, then I very much doubt he will with Rock. And the Lesnar/Rock match would make Rock/Cena at WM 29 look like MOTY in terms of match quality. I would prefer Rock to go against HHH especially when you consider the heel heat HHH has been garnering. The promos would definitely make for some must see tv. Of course I don't expect a lot in terms of match quality between HHH/Rock at this stage of their careers, but definitely there is less of a likelihood in my eyes of Rock/HHH botching moves than Lesnar/Rock because of how much more history Rock/HHH has. Plus Lesnar is the most riskiest for Rock to face in terms of protecting his health and preserving his acting career.

·
Banned
1,543 Posts
I said this before, but they should have Sting vs Taker at SummerSlam, with Sting going over and then again at Wrestlemania 31 in a Streak vs Career match in which Taker goes over. It'd give the story time to breathe and allows Sting to actually get a win in WWE rather than his debut match be Taker at Mania and losing.
Why would Vince waste their match at SummerSlam? Lex Luger (Sting's best friend) said that Sting doesn't have a problem in losing to Taker at WM. This match is 20 years in the making. You have the 'franchise of WCW', 'the Icon' Sting vs. 'the cornerstone of WWF/E', 'the Phenom' the Undertaker. The biggest DREAM match ever, a huge money maker. A 2nd match at WM between them would be pointless and nobody will care. Sting vs. Taker - WrestleMania 31 or GTFO!

·
Is a Snit Head
22,150 Posts
Wrestlemania or bust. It doesn't deserve to be wasted on the other PPVs that are noting but filler
But if it happens on another PPV would it still be a filler PPV?

I don't want it to happen at Mania. I only say this because we know that Undertaker will wrestle at Mania and I want as many Undertaker matches as we can possibly get. I just wish that Extreme Rules was a few miles away from where they are. If it was in MSG instead of the Izod Center across the river I think it would be the perfect event for it. I like the idea of Sting, the guy that's never been in WWE to go into the historical home base of WWE and face the ultimate WWE guy, the guy that has been with the company for 20 years. That would be the perfect setting but the Izod Center isn't MSG, even if they are so close to each other.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Makes more sense at WM, but nobody believes anyone is going to break the streak. The last guy who would ever do so would be a WCW lifer who just showed up in WWE.

·
Registered
355 Posts
If ER is good enough for Brock and his return, it is good enough for a sting who hasn't been relevant since 01 in the main stream.

Plus Rock is rumored to retire next year and be inducted, he is way better than sting across the board and more meaningful if you wanted to build the dream match of Taker vs Icon

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
If ER is good enough for Brock and his return, it is good enough for a sting who hasn't been relevant since 01 in the main stream.

Plus Rock is rumored to retire next year and be inducted, he is way better than sting across the board and more meaningful if you wanted to build the dream match of Taker vs Icon
Taker/Rock has happened before, Sherlock. It's not a dream match, go watch King of The Ring 1999 or No Way Out 2002 for further proof.

Sting/Taker is THE dream match. It HAS to happen at Wrestlemania 31. Even Summerslam is too small to host it, let alone Extreme Rules.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Taker/Rock has happened before, Sherlock. It's not a dream match, go watch King of The Ring 1999 or No Way Out 2002 for further proof.

Sting/Taker is THE dream match. It HAS to happen at Wrestlemania 31. Even Summerslam is too small to host it, let alone Extreme Rules.
Rock is a hugely Hollywood star. Sting hasn't been relevant since. 01. He's not this huge draw. He has no wwe back story. Oh yeah and he can't go, he couldn't even go in 97 with a year to prep at a top notch level.

If you got a choice of a sting v Taker match or. Rocks last billed match vs Taker you take Rock.

Sting isn't this huge star or icon. His not flair, he's not hogan. He's not Brock, he's not Batista, he's not. Michaels or Hunter. At worse he is a upgrade to. Jericho or RVD returning, but he he certainly isn't main eventing or bigger than working a Taker match at a. B ppv with the shape he is in and his diminished star power

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Extreme Rules is becoming one of the WWE "Big 4" in terms of PPV sales etc.

Summerslam would be the best bet for it.

In all honesty i don't need to see this match. I don't think it will be good at all.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
This match isn't as big of a draw as you guys think it is. It doesn't matter where they do it, if it even happens. Cena vs Taker at Mania.

·
Being What's Best For Business
2,271 Posts
LOL what? Sting vs Undertaker at Extreme Rules? Why don't we have a fatal four way of Daniel Bryan, Kurt Angle, a resurrected Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero at say... Capital Punishment?

·
#StillRelevant
3,197 Posts
Their feud needs to be dragged out, a Sting appearance at Mania this year or vignetter, Another one 3 PPVs after Mania before Taker calls Sting out, have it at SummerSlam (Will attract buys and can be one of the main events) or drag it out till Mania. A dream feud for some should not be rushed in less than a month.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts