Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

· I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...kstage_News_on_His_WWE_Future_Undertaker.html

- Sting has indeed signed a deal with WWE. There's no word yet on details regarding what role he will play but he is scheduled to be on TV, but not right away.

It's said that the deal has been close to being done for a while but now it has been signed. Sting's assumption was that he would work with The Undertaker, which many expected, but that's up in the air with Taker's future now in question.

The deal includes Sting being on television, but whether that’s as a regular character or just to build for one match at next year’s WrestleMania, that isn’t clear. He obviously won't be a full-time wrestler.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
actual source wording from the new Observer Newsletter:

Sting has signed his deal with WWE. Not sure of the details regarding what role he will play but he is scheduled to be on television at some point, but not right away. It’s seemed to be inevitable this deal would happen ever since TNA didn’t renew his contract. The deal described to me as being close for a while, but now it’s signed. Sting’s assumption was he would work with Undertaker, which many expected. With Undertaker losing, and his future being in question, that would be up in the air. Years ago, Dwayne Johnson had said that there were a few guys he wished he could have one match with in a comeback, which at the time were Rey Mysterio, Randy Savage (which tells you many years back this was) and Sting. Whether he still feels that way, or in 2015, such a match would work on the WrestleMania stage, or be a good idea given the cost of a Johnson match, is the question. My feel is that it isn’t right, and if Johnson was to wrestle next year, that coming off Mania, Lesnar would be the guy given Johnson vs. Lesnar was the original plan for this year. And I don’t even know Johnson would wrestle next year past the point in interviews he has talked about it as a possibility. The Sting deal will include being on television, but whether that’s as a regular character (he is obviously not going to wrestle full-time) or just to build for one match at next year’s Mania, that isn’t clear.
Sting DVD and HOF is good enough IMO

· Stay Fearless
13,456 Posts
Great news but like the other people said, I won't believe it until I see it.

· Registered
5,223 Posts
Meltzer's wording looks too deliberate here. Must be for real.

The way Sting was talking at WrestleMania weekend, it really sounded like he did sign and wasn't just trolling people. You don't just drop "My new number is 31" if you haven't signed, or had some actual knowledge of what was to come.

Who knows if it's a match with the Undertaker that he'll be getting, but I actually think that now that the Streak is over, it's more believable that Sting could win so it could be a match with some intrigue. Even if it's not a great one.

That said, the less he's in the ring, the better unless he really steps up his game for this last run.

· Registered
518 Posts
Meltzer's wording looks too deliberate here. Must be for real.

The way Sting was talking at WrestleMania weekend, it really sounded like he did sign and wasn't just trolling people. You don't just drop "My new number is 31" if you haven't signed, or had some actual knowledge of what was to come.

Who knows if it's a match with the Undertaker that he'll be getting, but I actually think that now that the Streak is over, it's more believable that Sting could win so it could be a match with some intrigue. Even if it's not a great one.

That said, the less he's in the ring, the better unless he really steps up his game for this last run.
With all the played out Sting vs. Taker rumors that have been circulating the internets for years, I'd be equally as happy with a Sting vs. Cena or a Sting vs. Trips match at Mania for that matter.

· ѪѺѪ
1,770 Posts
Sting DVD and HOF is good enough IMO
Pretty much this, no need to step back into the ring for '1 more match' like so many fans want him to do, its' like did you guys not see how Undertaker wrestled on Sunday dude can hardly do anything anymore and Sting wasn't all impressive in TNA over the last few years.

· Banned
3,897 Posts
:lmao didnt the same report come out before mania? This same thread pops up 10-20 times a year and it has since like 2005. Fuck Sting and his old ass. No disrespect but I do not want any old farts taking up spots anymore. If your going to do Sting vs Taker get it over with at Summerslam or something so Sting can go into the hof. Then get them both THE FUCK OF MY TVSCREEN.

· Registered
518 Posts
I have an idea of how the WWE can troll the fans. WWE can come out and say they signed Sting, and out comes Jeff Farmer (the imposter nWo Sting)

Reactions: STP
1 - 20 of 219 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.