Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
#JeterFarewellTour
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I'm sure theres gonna be a lot of backlash coming from this, but let me explain myself. I know Sting was never the greatest on the mic, but what he did do, maybe better than anyone else in the history of pro wrestling was, he spoke with such passion. When he spoke, he made you listen, with the intensity and passion that he showed (Something that John Cena has tried to do in his career, but hasn't reached the level that Sting was at). I really curious as to how everyone else feels about this. Any agreement on this?

·
Registered
560 Posts
you will prob. get a lot of backlash because your posting about the 1 guy whose never been in the WWE in the WWE section...Just sayin

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
He had charisma. Buckets of it. But thats about it. Never felt he was that great on the stick or ring.

·
#JeterFarewellTour
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you will prob. get a lot of backlash because your posting about the 1 guy whose never been in the WWE in the WWE section...Just sayin
Yeah I figured that, but its a question that involves every wrestler ever. The who is most underrated question. Plus Sting was in WCW, which is now owned by WWE, so I figured it would be alright.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sting= Most OVERRATED talent ever.

He was only decent in the ring and his mic work is only slightly better than JoMo. Truth.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts

He was only decent in the ring and his mic work is only slightly better than JoMo. Truth.
He may have been, but WCW gave him a gimmick were he didn't have to talk to get over with the fans

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
I agree with the OP. I never understood why Sting never gets praised for his mic work. Is it because he doesn't have a billion catchphrases like The Rock? The dude had a ton of energy on the mic and its a shame it will go unnoticed.

I know this is cliche but what the hell are you smokin? Did you even WATCH Sting back then? Your saying that something like this promo:

is only SLIGHTLY better than what Jomo puts out?

Chris Benoit?

That’s a bad comparison. John Cena would tear him a new one. Sting is run-of-the-mill on the mic.
John Cena has a ton of passion. But he is CORNY as SHIT. 9 times out of 10 I find myself rolling my eyes because of how over acted his promos can be. Give me a Sting promo over a John Cena promo anyday.

·
Banned
49 Posts
Sting's gimmick was beyond awesome even without talking,like the Undertaker,or Kane's when he debuted

·
Registered
262 Posts
Now, I'm sure theres gonna be a lot of backlash coming from this, but let me explain myself. I know Sting was never the greatest on the mic, but what he did do, maybe better than anyone else in the history of pro wrestling was, he spoke with such passion. When he spoke, he made you listen, with the intensity and passion that he showed (Something that John Cena has tried to do in his career, but hasn't reached the level that Sting was at). I really curious as to how everyone else feels about this. Any agreement on this?
No backlash from me.I agree with you wholeheartedly.Sting is good on the mic,always has been.

sounds familiar. aka randy orton, another subpar talent.
Lol at calling Sting a subpar talent.Sting in his prime was a damn good ring worker and an equally good promo cutter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts