Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well that raises a couple of issues:

1) It seems likely that this will be one match for Sting. I've no doubt that the aura and mystery around it will compensate for any shortcomings due to his age. Still, I accept if that is not enough for some people
2) If we agree with your prediction that people will say he didn't live up to the hype, it still has the potential to bring more people to the product. Granted, the product is far from its best at the moment - but that is not to say it isn't enough to get some people back into it. I know for me, personally, it was the Rock returning that dragged me back in, and I have more or less stayed with the product since.

Essentially, Sting drives interest. Even people who haven't watched him before will be intrigued and this has a potential spillover. It's what the WWE, not Sting, does with this that is most important.
I still think the effort WWE put in to get Sting into WWE, will out-weigh what they end up gaining from his involvement.

I just have no interest in 'Marking-Out' to a 55 Year Old wrestler that was in his prime 20 years ago.

Some fans seem to have this respect for Sting for never coming across and having a career in WWE. Perhaps its foolish on his part... if a wrestler has to get back in the ring at 55 years old, its somewhat safe to assume that he hasn't earned well over the years.

...and in a previous post, someone said, 'Look what Sting has done to get rid of The Authority'.... Sting did nothing, he honoured a contract and turned up at St.Louis.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I say bring back kurt angle he deserves a last run more than anybody. I don't know whether he's in good shape or not but he'll come to the grips of it real quick as he's a ring veteran.

·
Scared of My Own Shadow
2,968 Posts
I still think the effort WWE put in to get Sting into WWE, will out-weigh what they end up gaining from his involvement.

I just have no interest in 'Marking-Out' to a 55 Year Old wrestler that was in his prime 20 years ago.

Some fans seem to have this respect for Sting for never coming across and having a career in WWE. Perhaps its foolish on his part... if a wrestler has to get back in the ring at 55 years old, its somewhat safe to assume that he hasn't earned well over the years.

...and in a previous post, someone said, 'Look what Sting has done to get rid of The Authority'.... Sting did nothing, he honoured a contract and turned up at St.Louis.
Or maybe...just maybe the guy enjoys being in a wrestling ring and wanted one last hurrah before hanging up the boots for good. Besides, it's not like Sting has been off the map since WCW was purchased by WWE. He was regularly wrestling for TNA Wrestling up to about a year ago.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I dont think Sting is there to fix any problems, its not like hes gonna be pushed as the face of the company or something. Hes just there to create a buzz, which has worked, and maybe have a few marquee matches.

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
Obviously bringing in a talent will not solve all of the company's problems - that goes without saying and I would be surprised if anyone said it would solve all their problems.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts

Sting is really rich and doesn't really need the wwe paycheck, but if they offered him one big one why not get it ? Hell he was being paid over a million $ per year in TNA !! If he was in it for just the money he would have gone to the wwe ages ago, isn't it funny how Vince was chasing him all these years despite sting refusing every time ?

I think he just wants to be a part of a wrestlemania . Enough with his age , flair was winning titles with evolution at that age and sting looks over ten years younger than what flair was looking like in 2004 . Nobody is expecting sting to solve the wwe problems or wrestle like Cesaro but it will be great to see HHH vs. Sting and possibly undertaker vs. Sting .

Even if the wwe got a young Kurt angle, as far as wresting goes, or a young the rock, as far as mic abilities go , its problems would all still be there .

21 - 26 of 26 Posts