Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sting is a fool.
If he was in the WWE now he would be feuding with Randy Orton or John Cena etc

Instead he has chosen this daft joker gimmick, hes just beat Ric Flair the guy is 62 for damn it and now hes going to fight with Hulk Hogan .POSSIBLY TO OF THE WORST MATCHES POSSIBLE,spotlight hogs.

LOve sting but I cant help but feel hes wasting himself

·
Registered
851 Posts
I think Ive made this point multiple times but I will do it again. It is a very good thing that Sting is not part of the WWE. The industry needs an icon like Sting who has never worked for the WWE; it shows to all those newer in the industry that you can make it without being in the WWE. It encourages competition which is better for the product.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love the Stinger as well! I agree that he's wasting himself, because the reality is, is that he doesn't have many years left for a in-ring work. He really needs to pass the torch on. I'd love to see him the WWE before he retires from full-time wrestling duties. He's been in the biz since the mid-80s and was in the middle of the Monday Night Wars. You know he doesn't need to wrestle for money.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Really? Never understood what was so special about Sting ESPECIALLY at 52 years old. The guy is dead weight at this point and I'm tired of hearing complaints about what he's doing in TNA because quite frankly WWE fans should be blessed he isn't working for WWE full time because they would be pulling there hair out right now. A guy that WWE could use from TNA would be Bubby Ray Dudley. As a singles competitor he is doing some great work right now and seems to be at the peak of his career in terms of contributing to a company and finally being one of the leaders in the lockeroom. Not fucking Sting...Did you see the match he just had with Ric Flair? Give me a favor and watch that match and there match at Clash of the Champions March 88 so you can shit your pants thinking about how both of these guys are currently ruining there legacy.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He was an Icon because of what he did in WCW in the 90's.
Had he started his career now with TNA I doubt he would ever become an icon.
All the greats at some pint have been with the WWE, and it would take a fool not to be there at one point, it is basically the pinnacle of Wrestling the highest point you can get , and as well as good thing Sting will always be remembered for missing out on the opportunity of WWE.

He turned down WWE last year to go 19-0 streak one of the biggest matches in WWE history for what to have to squash Jeff Hardy in 2 mins for drugged up in front of a small crowd he must have been kicking himself!!

·
Registered
851 Posts
He was an Icon because of what he did in WCW in the 90's.
Had he started his career now with TNA I doubt he would ever become an icon.
All the greats at some pint have been with the WWE, and it would take a fool not to be there at one point, it is basically the pinnacle of Wrestling the highest point you can get , and as well as good thing Sting will always be remembered for missing out on the opportunity of WWE.

He turned down WWE last year to go 19-0 streak one of the biggest matches in WWE history for what to have to squash Jeff Hardy in 2 mins for drugged up in front of a small crowd he must have been kicking himself!!
No it wouldnt make him a fool. He is regarded as one of the best and at the momment WWE is pretty much running a monopoly. Sting not going to WWE shows that it is possible to be big in the industry without going to WWE. If he did what would that say to guys in TNA or ROH? Picture yourself trying to convince those guys that we can make a big product when every big name went to the same company.

The fact is with Sting not being part of the WWE it presents that concept of making it big without going to WWE which a lot of guys in other organisations need.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sting did build his rep in WCW and helped out with Impact as best he could so it does show that one doesn't need to jump start their legacy in WWE to be big, If he wrestled his last year in WWE he likely wouldn't become any bigger of an icon which would leave the example in place that it is possible to become mega over without the WWE even though he would have a couple of matches in the WWE.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I think Ive made this point multiple times but I will do it again. It is a very good thing that Sting is not part of the WWE. The industry needs an icon like Sting who has never worked for the WWE; it shows to all those newer in the industry that you can make it without being in the WWE. It encourages competition which is better for the product.
All it shows them is that you can make it in the industry without being in the WWE provided the WWE has a competitor backed by a billionaire who owns his own television networks.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Sting did build his rep in WCW and helped out with Impact as best he could so it does show that one doesn't need to jump start their legacy in WWE to be big, If he wrestled his last year in WWE he likely wouldn't become any bigger of an icon which would leave the example in place that it is possible to become mega over without the WWE even though he would have a couple of matches in the WWE.
No because by going to the WWE it shows the inevitable scenario "All must go to the WWE!" Let him end his career without ever going there and it shows that it is possible to be big without ever going to WWE. This is a good thing, it encourages competition.

·
Registered
851 Posts
All it shows them is that you can make it in the industry without being in the WWE provided the WWE has a competitor backed by a billionaire who owns his own television networks.
And maybe TNA or ROH will be that lucky. Either way Sting is still an Icon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts