Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching his match on iMPACT this past thursday, and after watching his other matches in the past couple of months, since Hardcore Justice, is it just me or is Stevie Richard's not only the best competitor of EV2 at this moment, but he's alsou putting on more entertaining matches than ever before?

Like, I know to many people he's been a very average competitor, but he has been impressing me a hell of a lot with his matches recently, and his match with AJ on iMPACT just put the icing on the cake for me. Thoughts on SR?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
why is this guy still wrestling. no one cares about stevie richards. he has never been and will never be a draw. i guess if you put him in the ring with aj syles then something good is bound to happen, but i would rather watch sabu botch every move than watch stevie richards.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not talking about being a draw, i'm talking about the match quality.
Generation me, and Douglas Williams will never be a draw compared to Flair, Styles and Angle, but you can guarantee that they'll put on a great match. I know Richards won't draw compared to half of the other roster, but what i'm saying is that as of late, I have been very impressed with his matches.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I was impressed. It was a really good match. The ending was sick - He sold it very well. I wonder if they will follow up next week on it.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
why is this guy still wrestling. no one cares about stevie richards. he has never been and will never be a draw. i guess if you put him in the ring with aj syles then something good is bound to happen, but i would rather watch sabu botch every move than watch stevie richards.
I care about Stevie and always have. I believe that had one of the big three really given him a chance he could've been a big star, maybe not world champion in WWF or WCW but he certainly could've been ECW champion and could've been the 'Piper' to someone like Edge had his face push on Smackdown not been cut short by injury.

Anyway, it's great to see that he's still putting on decent matches, I just wish they'd picked him up earlier, he's exactly the sort of guy TNA should be using because of the way WWE misused him, rather like The Pope and, to a lesser extent, Anderson.

·
Registered
30 Posts
He has definitely improved in his wrestling skill and all over entertainment value and I loved his Stevie Kick to Douglas Williams at TP XD Though I think it's a little too late in the game and this improvement should have happened years ago, I hope he sticks around for a while though.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Stevie Richards is definitely one of the top five best workers in the company. The guy is an example of veteran talent that I don't mind around (in the low card). The guy is in great shape, can cut a promo, can work, and can get over. Stevie and Rhino should be the only guys TNA keeps around from EV2 (aside from RVD, Kendrick, and Foley). Getting rid of Sabu was smart and I won't spoil anything but the other person leaving is a good choice as well.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Stevie Richards is definitely one of the top five best workers in the company. The guy is an example of veteran talent that I don't mind around (in the low card). The guy is in great shape, can cut a promo, can work, and can get over. Stevie and Rhino should be the only guys TNA keeps around from EV2 (aside from RVD, Kendrick, and Foley). Getting rid of Sabu was smart and I won't spoil anything but the other person leaving is a good choice as well.
Thanks for not spoiling it. I means from all the names you said, I have no idea who you could be referring to.

Cheers again.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Underrated technician.

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
Stevie is a really good technical wrestler, He's in great shape for his age and can still really go.

I love watching his matches, and I hope they keep using him as a mid-carder without any kind of silly gimmick.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
He's an extremely underrated talent, so I'm glad to see him get used.

Every time I look at him though, I think "Shawn Michaels." I wonder why? :confused:

·
Registered
858 Posts
Thanks for not spoiling it. I means from all the names you said, I have no idea who you could be referring to.

Cheers again.
:lmao

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
He's always been a great wrestler, but he has a boring gimmick/no gimmick now really. He's an excellent heel though. If Kendrick is considered part of EV2 then he's the best not Richards.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've been enjoying his ring work as well and I think a good reason people don't see nothing but a mid carder in him cause he hasn't been really givin much of chance in the right role.If they continued with him and aj in a pure hatred feud,I bet he would shine.I think he has all the intensity needed to get people behind him,he just needs the right kinda of feud and the chance to shine.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've been a fan ever since he referred to himself as "Dancin'" Stevie Richards (Not sure if it was ECW or WCW). He's a good enough wrestler and does well in promos. He's forever a low to mid card stooge type guy, but he seems to recognize this and make the most of his opportunities. He's not a world beater but he stands out from the crowd.

·
Leaving em MESMERMIZED!!
2,897 Posts
one of the most underrated wrestlers/workers in the biz. he's in the best shape he's ever been in.

and i would not be upset at all if he got a TV title run because quite frankly, the man deserves it.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
If he was in the shape he is now in 1997 he would of definitely been ECW champion a couple times.

Good mid-card talent. Need's a mini push.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts