Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who wants to see a Stevie Richards singles run, no stupid doctor gimmick, just like he was tonight?

He's in great shape, he can go, and I think he's pretty good on the mic when he gets going.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
He looked great out there, and I think he proved a lot of the idiots that were calling him washed up like Sandman or Shane Douglas wrong.

Of the ECW guys, I'd like to see both Rhino and Stevie get singles pushes. Rhino to win the World Heavyweight Title and Stevie to at least compete for (but not necessarily win) the Television Title.

Also, I think that it would have been cool to have the match end by Stevie FINALLY connecting with a Bronco Buster and getting the pinfall.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Finally!!!! I've been saying this even when he was with WWE's crap version of ECW.

The man can still go and is still great on the mic. Give Him A Shot!

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
I like the guy, and he seems to have kept himself in good shape all this time. Dr. Stevie was just a horrendous gimmick, and I could've cared less if he got released. He could be used as a mouthpiece for someone or become a tag team with like Rhino. I'm fine if he sticks around, but just not in the heavywieght title picture.

His match with Justin Credible was decent, nothing special, but he can still go better than the other ECW guys.

·
WEF's #1 Oz Mark
11,119 Posts
His feud against Chris Jericho a few years ago was just awesome. He should have been pushed more.

·
Premium Member
5,903 Posts
He looks kind of unhealthy (years of substance abuse). He had absolutely no chemistry with Justin Credible, which otherwise looked like a pretty good matchup on paper. I would have nothing for him.

·
HOPE
13,222 Posts
Not saying anybody is wrong, but I just can't connect or care about him. Pretty bleh for me
This.

Plus why would you bother adding him to the mix when you have such a large roster of guys you should/could be using anyway? Sure, Stevie can wrestle and he is in shape, but he's not a recognisable name that people care about, nor is he going to bring anything to the product. Rather than using another guy to further dilute the roster, I would much rather see them focus on the youngsters.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I never thought Richards deserved to be the jobber he has been all his career. He should not be WHC either, but he does deserve better.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
He was in great shape, but the match he put on was boring, I was also surprised he didn't have that horrible voice anymore.

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I'm not saying a huge push or anything, but I think he could round-out the mid card nicely if they used him right.

His match against Justin Credible wasn't anything too great, but in all fairness he just came back for the ppv and Justin was out of shape

I felt like what it really proved was that Stevie can still go as good as ever.

·
RESTINPEACE
1,182 Posts
WWE destroyed the legacy of the Original ECW which fans still want hardcore wrestling today so that goes to show how horrid the current wwe product is when TNA and ROH have a superior product Pro Wrestling product. Its a new era in Pro Wrestling and Pro Wrestling is here it stay. Setvie had no ring rust last night and he put on a great match ECW can now rip.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
This.

Plus why would you bother adding him to the mix when you have such a large roster of guys you should/could be using anyway? Sure, Stevie can wrestle and he is in shape, but he's not a recognisable name that people care about, nor is he going to bring anything to the product. Rather than using another guy to further dilute the roster, I would much rather see them focus on the youngsters.
I agree with this. He would've been right at the top of my list of guys worth pushing immediately after WWE released him and even when he first came in but it didn't happen. Stevie is probably the most misused talent of the last 10-15 years and I would've loved it if he'd finally been given the chance to shine in TNA but they wasted the opportunity to stick it to WWE (and everyone else).

Now however it's too late. They gave him a potentially interesting angle but did it in a stupid way then jobbed him out, basically repeating everyone else's mistakes.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
On paper I think that match should of been better. Richards/Credible are two of my favorites from ECW but those who are saying it was pretty boring aren't far off. Generally I think both workers still have something. I don't think anyone can argue the shape Richards was in. He deserves something that is for sure. The last program he got over in was Right to Censor and he played a completely different character.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,968 Posts
He's too old now sadly.

Stevie had limitless potential but unfortunately he became typecast because his ECW gimmick was that of an imitator. Its an impossible stigma to shake off.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts