Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the tapings AJ defeated Stevie Richards after a botched styles clash that apparently ended up like a short powerbomb. Security and trainers came out to check on him and he got a neck brace on and was helped to the back.

Hopefully it's a storyline.

·
Squared Circle Gimmick
5,371 Posts
During the tapings AJ defeated Stevie Richards after a botched styles clash that apparently ended up like a short powerbomb. Security and trainers came out to check on him and he got a neck brace on and was helped to the back.

Hopefully it's a storyline.
Hmm... Sounds like a storyline to me. Interesting.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
How do you botch a styles clash into something that looks like a powerbomb?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I think this is a way to write out a member of EV2 without having to actually fire Stevie. This way he can come back down the line as a midcarder, since he is still good for that, and in the mean time his articles online are still justified.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
That actually happened to Kazarian once back in the day. I thought AJ killed him with that Styles Clash.

Hope Stevie is ok.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Eric Bischoff and all the main heels come out. Bischoff said that Abyss put on a mixed martial arts clinic. A.J. Styles made fun of Sabu beign fired and said he was going to cripple Stevie Richards. Bischoff talked about Jeff Hardy keeping the title. Hardy said that he was the chosen one. Now we're recycling Jeff Jarrett's WCW nickname. Hey, at least he didn't say he was the new Mr. Perfect or That 70s Guy or The Fat Chick Thriller. Hulk Hogan also came out and said he had a surprise for Hardy. A new belt was dropped from the ceiling that was all purple. Yes, Jeff is now the Divas champion and Hogan threw the old belt in the garbage can. Then Pope showed up in the crowd and said he was putting Abyss in a casket and putting Uncle Eric in a casket.

It was a kayfabe injury - according to wrestleview AJ said he was going to cripple Stevie Richards.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I really hope it's just storyline.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
-- As noted on Observer Radio last night, the Stevie Richards neck injury at the Impact tapings was a well-done injury angle.

Source:wrestling observer

1 - 20 of 21 Posts