Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should Steve Blackman have been pushed to the upper-mid card, semi-main event? He was a legit bad ass and could whoop anyone on the rosters ass in a fight. He was believable and could've been seen as legit WWF Champion.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
In that time, you needed something special to standout. That usually was depicted in characterization. He didn't have that.

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,258 Posts
He was boring.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,825 Posts
I was a fan of Steve but as others have already said he lacked serious charisma. He could've been a solid upper mid with the right booking and playing to his strengths.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Steve Blackman was good, but I m happy that they didn't turn him into a "Brock Lesnar" of that era. Characters are more important than anything else, but the focus has shifted now, and as a result, a lot of fans have tuned out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
+1 on the charisma thing.

He really went as far as he could, 'Headcheese' was the only real time Blackman got "over". That, and the 'Shane-TitanTron-fall' were his best/most-remembered moments.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Steve Blackman was good, but I m happy that they didn't turn him into a "Brock Lesnar" of that era. Characters are more important than anything else, but the focus has shifted now, and as a result, a lot of fans have tuned out.
Ken Shamrock was supposed to be the brock lesnar of that 90s era with his MMA credentials. As i remember , he and blackman had a feud at the time and a few gimmick matches with Shamrock going over blackman at the time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Have you guys read Hardcore Holly's book?

IRL he was a legit badass who could have taken anyone backstage at the time, and that's coming from Holly who was also legit.

Blackman's life story is worth reading up on if you don't know.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
Steve Blackman was in the same roster as Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H, Mick Foley, Undertaker, Kane, Kurt Angle, and Chris Jericho. There was no way he was ever going to be in the main event with that level of talent. That being said, he was still a relatively popular midcarder during that roster and that's nothing to be ashamed of.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
In the first Smackdown game his running kick was deadly. Used to screw over my friend with it :3

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
I liked watching him as a kid but going back to some of his matches, they were horrible. Shamrock was miles better and had genuine personality, it's weird he never got a main event push, even with the Austin/Rock dominated era he could have had a few top matches.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts