Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin sat down for an interview for The Sun.

I’ll be honest, I hadn’t heard about Hogan v Sting. That will be interesting too, I mean Hogan had back surgery didn’t he? They are both great guys. I’m a fan of Sting’s and he can still go with the best of them. I know Hogan well and he still has it when he needs it. It will be a very interesting night at the office that one and I will most certainly be watching Bound For Glory to see how it works out.

I get annoyed when people say that such and such should retire, or they shouldn’t compete due to injury or age. I know how it works and many of these guys find it hard to stay out of the ring. Hogan, for example, was put on this world to be there. There may often be money involved when guys step back in the ring, but it’s more about their need to be there than the financial rewards. The other thing is that there are so few people coming up through the ranks who can match the success of guys like Hulk, Flair, Sting or myself. Cena may be the only one who has reached that level — I’ve yet to see another hit that peak yet.
I must say I 100% agree with the Rattlesnake.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Cena is the only star that has been made in the last decade which is just amazing if you think about it.

In fairness, Brock Lesnar kind of screwed the industry as he was surely headed towards being an all time great.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
No, bookers' reactions to Lesnar leaving, and being so hesitant on strapping rockets to new blood, is what what screwed the industry.

·
Self High Five!
128 Posts
Quote: I’ll be honest, I hadn’t heard about Hogan v Sting

Is this a sign of how terrible TNA are at advertising their product!?

If somebody like Stone Cold, who's a big part of the wrestling scene doesn't know about it. How is the average Joe going to know about it.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Cena is the only star that has been made in the last decade which is just amazing if you think about it.

In fairness, Brock Lesnar kind of screwed the industry as he was surely headed towards being an all time great.
Well... and Batista until he left but I see what your saying with Cena being the only one still active.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
I don't care if it's SCSA, but Hogan can't wrestle. Even in 2005 he coulden't wrestle, and right now, he can't even walk. I agree about Sting, however. He's still rollen.

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
its really sad that the only real star in the last 10 years is cena... not taking anything away from cena.. because even though hesn ot my favorite.. he got "over" and makes the wwe a shit load of money

that goes for both tna and wwe.. ONE huge star. i dont know what happened to wrestling..

·
Registered
211 Posts
Austin is right. Maybe TNA should get a wrestler who looks like cena and dress him the same, give him a similar character and do a Goldberg. Worked for WCW when they ripped off Austin. Give this new wrestler a winning streak and it will be money.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I can see why Austin would feel a bit of a kindred spirit here since he also has fantasies about being able to get back in the ring even though he knows he can't due to his injuries. Still, there's a huge difference between wanting it and doing it (and charging people for it). Since he doesn't watch the TNA product, he obviously doesn't know that Hogan and Sting have been taking up chunks of prime television time for months in order to build this feud. Hogan has given interviews where he flat out said he can't wrestle, saying he can get chopped or rake someone's eyes instead of taking a bump and basically fumble his way through a match that TNA expects people to pay $45 for.

There's no way Austin would approve of fleecing the fans with that shit just to satiate someone's ego.

·
Registered
333 Posts
To those complaining, Why?. This isn't the main event, it's a special attraction match. We're going to see the young guys wrestle and we're going to get to see two of the biggest names in the business duke it out. Although it won't be a 5-star match it'll be entertaining especially with a big crowd, I for one am looking forward to it and hey, it means more people will get to see the younger stars perform.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Cena is the only MEGA star of the last ten years. But people CANNOT ignore Batista (who headlined one of WWE's highest grossing PPV at the time WM23). An argument can be made for Jeff Hardy, Edge, and Randy Orton as well. TNA on the other hand hasn't created ONE STAR that has lasted. Samoa Joe, Monty Brown, and AJ Styles could have been bigger then they were/are...but TNA's booking made sure that didn't happen. Guys like Hogan, Cena, and others became HUGE stars because they were protected and the booking team was 100% behind them and had a long term plan that didn't involve these guys looking/sounding stupid.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
To those complaining, Why?. This isn't the main event, it's a special attraction match. We're going to see the young guys wrestle and we're going to get to see two of the biggest names in the business duke it out. Although it won't be a 5-star match it'll be entertaining especially with a big crowd, I for one am looking forward to it and hey, it means more people will get to see the younger stars perform.
^
Truest post in this thread.

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
Steve Austins opinion differ from much of the IWC including myself. Seeing an old man way past his prime wrestle at the biggest PPV of the year for TNA doesn't appeal to me.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts