Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
He's right on all points, except I think he's being a bit too kind to Braun. I don't really think he knows what he's doing that well.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
He's right about Rollins. I mean look at something like Guerrero vs. JBL at Judgement Day. Eddie could do a lot of aerial moves but in that match he basically beats the crap out of JBL with punches and kicks and it's effective because it told a story how he absolutely despises this guy and the crowd ate it up. I'd imagine if Seth was in a similar feud he would rely on more aerial and high offence moves.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Re: Steve Austin Offers Advice to Rollins, Braun & Nskamura

That was Austin in a nutshell, punch, kick, and finishing move. (When people talk about limited moveset, which I don't even care about, but show some fans hypocrisy in this area)

I don't think he should tell Rollins to be more fighter when he has a more wider moveset that he could use to his advantage.
Austin didn't have a limited moveset.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,601 Posts
Rollins has some good punches. I think he uses them on a logical scale. No reason to have the same comeback spot as everyone...
He does? Always thought is punches were very weak.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Really enjoy Austin's insights on modern wrestling. As good as Seth's been this year, you can imagine his high spot sequences feeling unpredictable would add even more to his game.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I find Seth Rollins to be a dork. He’s a great worker but I don’t like the character. just before wrestlemania and for well before that he was just another dude. That’s what he is to me. Just a guy. Aj works great but hes also exciting to see as a character too.

How Braun isn’t wwe universal champ to me is just an absurdity.

As far as nak goes, I change the channel when he’s on a segment.

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
Re: Steve Austin Offers Advice to Rollins, Braun & Nskamura

Why? Braun can definitely work. Don't know what you find so ridiculous about that statement.
because to some workrate means you have to wrestle like daniel Bryan or cesaro :kobe

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
He does? Always thought is punches were very weak.
I remember seeing a vid of him teaching a chick in his wrestling school how to throw them and they looked great. Obviously during a rush comeback they may look messy but it's really hard to throw a believable punch in 1080p and 60fps(looks smooth af on Sky).

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
People thinking people not enjoying Braun has to do with his 'workrate.'

:lmao
Please elaborate why you dislike braun?

Braun might be a vince project but unlike Roman Braun is special he can actually entertain the audience as he does click with them.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,626 Posts
Please elaborate why you dislike braun?

Braun might be a vince project but unlike Roman Braun is special he can actually entertain the audience as he does click with them.
I don't dislike Braun. I think he's fine for what he is. But do I find him highly entertaining? No. And yes, I know, we can say this for really the entire roster.

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
I don't dislike Braun. I think he's fine for what he is. But do I find him highly entertaining? No. And yes, I know, we can say this for really the entire roster.
Fair enough. I understand where you coming from.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,626 Posts
You literally said he's not a great worker. If you aren't referring to his workrate then why would you say he's not a great worker?
Braun (or anyone) can be a good worker without having 'high' workrate. He doesn't have to do a million moves per match; well, not for me, anyways.

I'll say this, though; for his experience level, I think he's pretty decent. And obviously, with more and more experience, he can become even better.

Also being a good or bad worker isn't just about ring-work. It's mic-work and character-work and all that jazz. No reason to even go into mic-work at least IMO when all of these guys are hand-cuffed with shitty scripts. That is what it is for all of them to me.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,063 Posts
Braun (or anyone) can be a good worker without having 'high' workrate. He doesn't have to do a million moves per match; well, not for me, anyways.

I'll say this, though; for his experience level, I think he's pretty decent. And obviously, with more and more experience, he can become even better.

Also being a good or bad worker isn't just about ring-work. It's mic-work and character-work and all that jazz. No reason to even go into mic-work at least IMO when all of these guys are hand-cuffed with shitty scripts. That is what it is for all of them to me.
So you're saying he's decent now? Because before, Austin saying he could work made you not take him seriously anymore.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts