Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,724 Posts
re: Steve Austin Offers Advice to Rollins, Braun & Nskamura

I hope Seth doesn't change thing. Why change something that is very clearly working for him? Makes zero sense.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts

I hope Seth doesn't change thing. Why change something that is very clearly working for him? Makes zero sense.
If I were him I wouldn't be to worried about it, he's on a roll right now, but everyone's got preferences to what they want to see a match look like when they're a fan of the guy's work.

·
51,724 Posts

If I were him I wouldn't be to worried about it, he's on a roll right now, but everyone's got preferences to what they want to see a match look like when they're a fan of the guy's work.
Sure, I agree with that. But if you are a fan of that guy's work and everyone agrees he is killing it for the past few months, why would you then want him to change something that is working, if you are a fan of his?

Granted, it's not like Austin is saying Seth should change his style up; he's just suggesting maybe he add something in from time to time. So, maybe I should take that into consideration with his comment. I don't know, just seemed odd. There are alot of other WWE talents that could use some advice right now MUCH more than Seth Rollins at the moment..

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,601 Posts

Rollins should do more power moves like suplexes and powerbombs. I could't care less about his striking Roman more than makes up for everyone on the roster with that. He has proved in the past he can manhandle much bigger guys so I don't see why he only does them the odd time. I get the bucklebomb doesn't get used since it injured Finn and Sting but a different type of powerbomb would be cool. That move he did on the Miz at Backlash where he rolled through and did that spinning sideslam should become a regular move.
Which move was that?

·
Banned
4,945 Posts

Sure, I agree with that. But if you are a fan of that guy's work and everyone agrees he is killing it for the past few months, why would you then want him to change something that is working, if you are a fan of his?

Granted, it's not like Austin is saying Seth should change his style up; he's just suggesting maybe he add something in from time to time. So, maybe I should take that into consideration with his comment. I don't know, just seemed odd. There are alot of other WWE talents that could use some advice right now MUCH more than Seth Rollins at the moment..
Because there's something else I like better.

I like both Roman and KO, I'd be interested to see them both flip alignments. There's no evidence at all that either of them is discontent, or not making money hand over fist, or that they'd be better off doing that. I completely understand why they don't, just like I understand why Rollins does things the way he (and WWE) wants. That doesn't mean I don't want to see things change up for my own personal enjoyment.

·
51,724 Posts

Because there's something else I like better.

I like both Roman and KO, I'd be interested to see them both flip alignments. There's no evidence at all that either of them is discontent, or not making money hand over fist, or that they'd be better off doing that. I completely understand why they don't, just like I understand why Rollins does things the way he (and WWE) wants. That doesn't mean I don't want to see things change up for my own personal enjoyment.
Gotcha. But your personal enjoyment (or even mine) isn't always the best thing, especially when something is actually working on all cylinders.

·
Banned
1,482 Posts

Seth should take inspiration from Bret Hart for his babyface comebacks. Bret Hart kept it simple but he made it look like he was beating the shit out of the heel and was really physical with his offence.

·
Registered
962 Posts

Wow, great analysis by Austin.

·
TAFKA KroKro
2,673 Posts

Austin isn't telling Rollins to never do high-spots. He is saying Seth needs to show more aggression. Rollins shouldn't always do high-spots when he is in a feud against someone he despises or just really wants to beat, he needs to show something else. That's how I interpreted it. He isn't telling Seth to limit his move set, he is telling Seth to punch and kick more and not make his matches become formulaic and predictable.

Braun, I agree, but I also enjoy Strowman showing off his charisma. Being funny is okay if he isn't a straight out comedian. I enjoyed his segment with Elias, where he played a string instrument. Gold. But I also think they need to make him dangerous, remind people.

Nakamura's comedy is great. He is a douchebag. He isn't being "funny" he is being a cunt. The fans just laugh because of how much of a douche he is being.

·
Registered
118 Posts

Austin isn't telling Rollins to never do high-spots. He is saying Seth needs to show more aggression. Rollins shouldn't always do high-spots when he is in a feud against someone he despises or just really wants to beat, he needs to show something else. That's how I interpreted it. He isn't telling Seth to limit his move set, he is telling Seth to punch and kick more and not make his matches become formulaic and predictable.

Braun, I agree, but I also enjoy Strowman showing off his charisma. Being funny is okay if he isn't a straight out comedian. I enjoyed his segment with Elias, where he played a string instrument. Gold. But I also think they need to make him dangerous, remind people.

Nakamura's comedy is great. He is a douchebag. He isn't being "funny" he is being a cunt. The fans just laugh because of how much of a douche he is being.
Very much agree to the three paragraphs above. Seth having some believable strikes in addition to his current set would be great, he or the WWE could always hire a striking coach after all.

·
Premium Member
18,132 Posts

“He can work. I’ve been a fan for a couple of years now; but, you’ve got to be careful with what you do with Braun Strowman….dude, you’re Alpha. If you don’t get out there and work and act like Alpha every time you get into the ring, you play Beta or second to anybody, you’re going to start losing your mystique or power.

Yep.

Hard to disagree with Austins points on both Braun & Nak. Nak has been poor for a while now but i hated how they exaggerated everything about him. His entrance, mannerisms, movement...just everything was done too much. He's a naturally charismatic guy so just let him do it subtly.

I do worry about Braun one day, WWE's 50/50 no one can be bigger than the brand booking may end up hurting him. Hopefully the fact that he's a "Vince creation" means he's more safe than those before him.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,939 Posts
Seth should take inspiration from Bret Hart for his babyface comebacks. Bret Hart kept it simple but he made it look like he was beating the shit out of the heel and was really physical with his offence.
Sounds more like it I think he should take a few pages out of the Hitman's playbook then he can work a solid but believable striking offense.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Re: Steve Austin Offers Advice to Rollins, Braun & Nskamura

I do worry about Braun one day, WWE's 50/50 no one can be bigger than the brand booking may end up hurting him. Hopefully the fact that he's a "Vince creation" means he's more safe than those before him.
This is something Austin does not realize. However, there are instances where they don't follow that rule in today's WWE.

·
Registered
822 Posts
In regards to Braun, i find it more "alpha" to be comfortable in your own skin. He has facets to his character, tons of badass fictional characters have a soft spot for kids and it doesn't make them any less intimidating to the grown men they unleash hell on.

Austin sounds out of touch here tbh, brooding stoic uber alpha is such a hilariously outdated trope.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts