Wrestling Forum banner

Steroids Chants

5320 Views 33 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  joeisgonnakillyou
Did I hear steroids chants under Hardy vs Robbie T´s match?

I almost peed ma pants, that was so funny.

On another topic: When will we see a prospect win their match on gutcheck? everybody so far have lost. Are they building it up being very special to win the match you get on gutcheck and therefor building it up for the one winning getting a huge push?

On another topic: When will we see a prospect win their match on gutcheck? everybody so far have lost. Are they building it up being very special to win the match you get on gutcheck and therefor building it up for the one winning getting a huge push?
See more
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Tiger Driver '91
3,112 Posts
It's realistic. These jobber nobodies off the streets should never be able to beat a regular TNA wrestler.

I heard it too. It's pretty embarrassing when a crowd chants steroids at a wrestler. It immediately kills his character/credibility.
That's ok, Robbie T never had any to begin with.

· Registered
359 Posts
If an independant wrestler or guy off the street beats a guy on your roster, what does that say about your roster

· Registered
10,714 Posts
The steroids chant were funny, and most likely true.

It's realistic. These jobber nobodies off the streets should never be able to beat a regular TNA wrestler.

That's ok, Robbie T never had any to begin with.
If an independant wrestler or guy off the street beats a guy on your roster, what does that say about your roster
It's not "realistic" for TNA to continually hire people who can't do their job, i.e. win a match. It would be understandable if it happened on occasion on the basis that the person has a lot of potential, but so far everyone they gave a contract to haven't won their match. What does it say about a company if they keep hiring nobodies off the street that can't do their job?

'Cause when someone comes from Strikeforce and kicks the ass of someone in UFC, the UFC automatically loses all credibility. Amirite? :gun::gun::gun:
Bingo.

· Banned
93 Posts
Think they are building to someone coming in, getting a win and looking a million dollars.

Or more likely, they are just using the gut check segment to really get Joey Ryan over with the fans.

Hopefully once it all plays out, we see the end of gutcheck, but hopefully OFN continues. Like the concept.

· Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
7,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not "realistic" for TNA to continually hire people who can't do their job, i.e. win a match. It would be understandable if it happened on occasion on the basis that the person has a lot of potential, but so far everyone they gave a contract to haven't won their match. What does it say about a company if they keep hiring nobodies off the street that can't do their job?
I agree with you on this one. They look pretty much like nobodies if they come and lose. If they really want someone to get in strong and get over with fans somewhat, he needs that win on gutcheck.

If they let all the prospects lose their matches it can also look kinda cocky from tna´s side like "our guys are so damn effing good. We dont need no more guys on our superb roster".

· Registered
4,961 Posts

Having Indy wrestlers defeat their TNA 'Superstars' makes the company look less prestigious. TNA is supposed to be the elite organization for all professional wrestlers to aim towards working for, so they have to promote their roster with the same prestige.

I do think they are building for an an Indy Talent to go over. If they're the caliber of a Joe, Aries etc, then it makes sense to make an exception to the rule. It would have to be a clearly exceptional talent for it to work though.

· Registered
10,714 Posts
Having Indy wrestlers defeat their TNA 'Superstars' makes the company look less prestigious. TNA is supposed to be the elite organization for all professional wrestlers to aim towards working for, so they have to promote their roster with the same prestige.

I do think they are building for an an Indy Talent to go over. If they're the caliber of a Joe, Aries etc, then it makes sense to make an exception to the rule. It would have to be a clearly exceptional talent for it to work though.
If an indy talent can't beat a jobber like Robbie E then he doesn't deserve a contract. Not hiring the best makes TNA less prestigious.

· Registered
4,961 Posts
If an indy talent can't beat a jobber like Robbie E then he doesn't deserve a contract. Not hiring the best makes TNA less prestigious.
I'll use a boxing analogy. A young fighter with a good amateur career transitions to the pros. After a few fights he gets a call to appear on a televised under-card. With little prep-time he takes on a fighter who although limited, has appeared on a number of televised events, including fights with multiple-time world champions. The youngster has faced stiff opposition in the amateurs, but has never had millions watching or fought in such difficult circumstances. So he makes a rookie error in the ring and gets dropped for it.

Despite losing he manages to get up and fight bravely, showing great potential in a decision defeat, whilst making an exciting fight in the process. Of course the television want more of him, so they sign him up to another deal, with cash advances to get him into the best possible condition. This guy in five years becomes a monster prospect and future world champion.

For TNA the point is that they have all the elite talent in the world. Gutcheck was designed to look for potential, that with the right training and financial backing could become an elite talent. In Kayfabe land, Even the pussy members of the TNA roster are a step ahead of anything, due to facing better quality wrestlers and having all the right infrastructure to maximize their ability.

The only time a Gutcheck wrestler should win is when he is something of a prodigy, aka Floyd or Oscar. A once in the lifetime talent that can handle the immediate push to the top.

· Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
7,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Yeah what i was thinkin too. That would make the guy so over if they had just this one guy or so making it.

· Registered
10,714 Posts
I'll use a boxing analogy. A young fighter with a good amateur career transitions to the pros. After a few fights he gets a call to appear on a televised under-card. With little prep-time he takes on a fighter who although limited, has appeared on a number of televised events, including fights with multiple-time world champions. The youngster has faced stiff opposition in the amateurs, but has never had millions watching or fought in such difficult circumstances. So he makes a rookie error in the ring and gets dropped for it.

Despite losing he manages to get up and fight bravely, showing great potential in a decision defeat, whilst making an exciting fight in the process. Of course the television want more of him, so they sign him up to another deal, with cash advances to get him into the best possible condition. This guy in five years becomes a monster prospect and future world champion.

For TNA the point is that they have all the elite talent in the world. Gutcheck was designed to look for potential, that with the right training and financial backing could become an elite talent. In Kayfabe land, Even the pussy members of the TNA roster are a step ahead of anything, due to facing better quality wrestlers and having all the right infrastructure to maximize their ability.

The only time a Gutcheck wrestler should win is when he is something of a prodigy, aka Floyd or Oscar. A once in the lifetime talent that can handle the immediate push to the top.
You really didn't need to use an analogy for something most people already know. My point is not every gut check talent can have the Rocky Balboa story. Some of them have to win if they're going to receive contracts. We've had like 6 so far and none of them have won. At least one should have won against someone like Robbie E with a schoolboy. TNA should be using gut check to find the best of the best, and the fact that most of these guys are lower than jobbers doesn't make the company look good. I can't wait for a year or two from now when everyone will look back and see how much of a failure gut check is.

· Registered
10,142 Posts
You really didn't need to use an analogy for something most people already know. My point is not every gut check talent can have the Rocky Balboa story. Some of them have to win if they're going to receive contracts. We've had like 6 so far and none of them have won. At least one should have won against someone like Robbie E with a schoolboy. TNA should be using gut check to find the best of the best, and the fact that most of these guys are lower than jobbers doesn't make the company look good. I can't wait for a year or two from now when everyone will look back and see how much of a failure gut check is.
Gut Check was never about finding the best of the best.
It's about finding the new hungry kid that 10 years from now is going to be a star.
Only one guy should win a match in the entire first "season" of gut check and that guy needs to be a true amazing talent.
Having a bunch of 20 years old kids defeating your roster makes the company look like shit.

Why are they jobbers? nobody is a star at their 20's.
Sam Shaw is no different from a Jean-Paul Lévesque or a Rocky Maivia.

You can't wait for something to fail? well, that's just weird.
For once I want to see new talent rise from OVW.

· Registered
2,244 Posts
I thought I was the only one! I was laughing my ass off! :D

· Shooting the birds down from the trees
14,937 Posts
I assume it's because he has big muscles and the assumption is you can't get that big without the use of anabolic steroids. Whatever though, I enjoy these kind of chants part of the reason I used to enjoy ECW so much. I don't think it hurts Robbie T's character, maybe if he was a face, but he's not. Scott Steiner used to get the same chants.

· Registered
613 Posts
up until this last gut check, i thought they all looked pretty good in the ring for their age, but this last guy was terrible, i think i could do better than he did!

and the steroids chants were hysterical

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.