I wish Ric Flair would _________?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we all know Ric Flair arrived with the company along with Hogan in others on the January 4th 2010 Impact, when he emerged from the limosine.

Since then many feel Flair has been one of the highlights of TNA. Originally he was paired with champion AJ Styles and at the time many were not fans of the heel turn. Others feel that AJ Styles has vastly improved on the microphone since making the turn with Flair. We also got the treat of wheelchair Flair, but possibly an all time low at Destination X when Flair fell into the hole created by Abyss. Another possible low of Flair's career is him blading in the middle of a promo just for TNA to be "edgy."

We then saw the creation of Fortune and the feud between Flair and Lethal. The Flair/Lethal feud led to some great promos from both Flair and Lethal and could have elevated Lethal to another level, but instead the feud was seemingly forgotten and he ended up back in the X-Division. Then we got EV2 vs. Fortune which led to some more great promo work from Flair and a pretty brutal hardcore match with Mick Foley. While many enjoyed the match there have been naysayers against Flair stepping into the ring. Still despite the great promos Flair has given us there have also been naysayers against him taking up time in the company and those that have a problem with him competing at his age. In the last month Flair has taken his faction Fortune and merged it with "They" to form Immortal. With Hogan out with injuries Flair has seemed to have taken his place in recent weeks alongside Eric Bischoff.

So if you had the power would you keep Ric Flair or get rid of him?

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally I'd have him stay, he's been a highlight of the company for the last year for me and I don't care what anyone says, his matches are still entertaining to me. Sure we don't get the classics of the 80's, but it's better than some of the psychologyless spotfests TNA has to offer.

His promos alone have been reason for me to tune into TNA. He was gold on the live ReAction a few weeks back.

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
He's the only legend they have who can still really go in the ring if need be.

Flair gives credibility to TNA in the way Hogan can't because everyone knows Hulk is a whore.

Flair is great on the mic and can give any stable/wrestler legitimacy, not to mention he can and still does put young talent over.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
He's one of the few consistently entertaining things on the show, I don't see why they would want him to leave. Why because he's old? who gives a shit, the guy is fucking awesome.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Personally I'd have him stay, he's been a highlight of the company for the last year for me and I don't care what anyone says, his matches are still entertaining to me. Sure we don't get the classics of the 80's, but it's better than some of the psychologyless spotfests TNA has to offer.

His promos alone have been reason for me to tune into TNA. He was gold on the live ReAction a few weeks back.
Now we're talking, exactly my same thoughts (although I can't comment on the 80s stuff since I didn't watch it). Just watch him make his commentary on Kaz vs Williams. His promo alonen made Kaz interesting. Now he isn't just another boring guy in Fourtune, he's a guy with superb looks (Antonio Banderas with a sixpack) and great ring skills (kayfabe wise). I'd even go as far as to say that he puts Fourtune more over then Cena Nexus.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The man is still entertaining as hell and I'd personally keep him around as a manager, but he really has no business in the ring at this point in his career.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Definately stay.

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
I'd like for him to stay in TNA for a while. I wouldn't even mind if he became some sort of announcer if he doesn't wrestle or in some sort of stable.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Flair over Hogan and Bishcoff. Flair understands that the young guys are the future, and doesn't mind taking the fall, or giving talented guys the spotlight. Flair has done wonders for AJ, minus that Robe, but the robe is gone now so, all is right with that. Flair gave Kaz a purpose.

·
Registered
673 Posts
He's putting over/helping young guys.
He's still fun as hell in promos.
He's still fun as hell when he wrestle.
He's THE wrestling God, God GOD

TNA need him. Badly.

So yeah, I want to see him stay in TNA that's one stupid question.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Unlike Hogan and all the other old guys, he is entertaining and actually puts over younger talent like he is supposed to.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
Unlike Hogan, Flair should stay with TNA. Now, granted he shouldn't wrestle though but he can stay as a manger and be used backstage in some capacity.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts