Wrestling Forum banner

I wish Hulk Hogan would _________?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do a series of threads (depending on how this turns out) asking whether you guys would rather certain staff of TNA stay with the company or whether you want them out. I'll start with easily the most talked about signing in TNA's history, Hulk Hogan.

We all know that Hogan signed with the company late last year for big bucks and made his debut on January 4th. Since Hogan has joined TNA he has brought a lot of positives along with some negatives.

TNA saw a short term ratings boost early on as well as an increase of overall awareness of the company upon Hogan's arrival. TNA has seen some all time highs in ratings since Hogan has been with the company. His merchandise is a top seller and TNA house shows attenedances have also seen an increase. While people complained that Hogan would book himself as champion during his TNA run, he's only wrestled one match surprisingly. Hogan also brought in some BIG free agents for TNA in Rob Van Dam, Ric Flair, Jeff Hardy, and Mr. Anderson. Some people feel Hogan has made TNA feel like a big time promotion and the product has improved since he got here. As of late Hogan has joined TNA's latest superfaction Immortal.

But Hogan was also one of the major players that pushed for the Monday Night Wars II debacle which saw a terrible .5 rating and flat out failure. There was also the Destination X main event and Abyssamania/the HOF ring as a whole early on. He also brought in less popular names such as, Orlando Jordan and for a short time The Nasty Boyz and Val Venis. Despite the initial increase in ratings and other highs throughout the year TNA has still hovered around the same rating it got prior to Hogan's arrival. Originally some people felt Hogan was featured too heavily on the product, but lately with his health issues Hogan seems to around less and less. In fact, in recent weeks Hogan has made more headlines for posting tits on twitter and showing his balls in a youtube video than he has for anything TNA related. This leaves many people wondering, for a guy that doesn't seem to be around much is he really worth the big bucks?

So if you had the power would you keep Hulk Hogan or get rid of him?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did you know that people in here absolutely hate Hulk Hogan? I like Hogan though so I wouldn't mind if he stay.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Stay. If Hogan left I'd lose about 50% of my comedy act since then the company actually might stand a chance at not sucking.

Plus, I wouldnt be able to make bar raising jokes either.

·
Registered
11,682 Posts
Coming from a huge Hogan fan, GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Overall, he really does nothing for TNA bottom line. He brought Hardy,Flair,RVD and Anderson to TNA but now that TNA got them why do they need to keep Hogan? He does sells merchandise but not enough to keep around. I love Hogan and supported him coming to TNA but right now, TNA doesn't need him.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
scrilla, it seems like you have a hard-on for hogan for whatever reason. :rolleyes: Hogan isn't bothering ANYONE. he doesn't even appear often anymore. Stay or Go, it doesn't bother me either way but i like the direction TNA is currently on.

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
He hasn't done anything for the product so I'd probably get rid of him if I could recoup the money invested in him. But since that's probably not possible I'd keep him until the contract ran out.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Hogan's the least of their problems. But after this contract, they should strip him of any power(If he even has any), and just use him as an on air performer/spokesman. If he doesn't like it, then fine, leave, but If TNA can't find something decent to do with hulk fucking hogan in your wrestling company, thats on them.

·
7 years, 18 movies later ....
3,323 Posts
Id say go away the money could be used alot better imo and he isnt bringing in the ratings for TNA the way they had more than likely hoped for.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I see no reason why management would elect to keep the guy as the bastard is barely on TV anymore. Even if he heavily contributed towards the product, him rarely being there is just wasting money on TNA's part.

But as a FAN, I honestly couldn't say outright get rid of him prior to his heel turn. As a face, his mere presense and connection with the company definitely contributed in making TNA seem more big time as long as he was actually real and not in character, which I alluded to in a thread much earlier in the year. As a all out heel (and De Facto leader of Immortal) however, it hits a catch 22 as his role as leader of Immortal requires him to be a significant aspect of the show, but it doesn't really make his performances anymore tolerable (unless you hate practically every other talent in the company which is a subjective opinion to say the least).

I have disliked heavily in-character Hogan since he came into TNA and now that he essentially has to be in character, I really don't want the guy to be on TV anymore.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
why people think they know the details in HOGAN's contract though? Maybe he is getting paid based on appears only? either way, stop acting as if you know how he is getting paid right now. IMO, when hogan was on TV people bitched and now that he is not appearing do to obvious medical reason they bitch again. He is still apart of a big storyline and make no mistake that matters.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
go. TNA could save themselves a lot of money.

that same sentence could be said about a lot of people in the company.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I actually like him there, but with that said, it doesn't seem like he has been worth what they must be paying him and that money could probably be put to better use elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Let him go the moment his contract expires. Or, if his health's bad and he doesn't really want to stay, negotiate an early release. He just hasn't been worth the money.

·
Registered
515 Posts
he brings credibility to TNA and attracts so much talent. even if he cant wrestle and his promos are fuckin terrible he is still an asset to TNA because of his name and his influence in the wrestling world

1 - 20 of 51 Posts