Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or is the current state of the tag team division the weakest it has been in several years. TNA Tag Team Champions Mexican America as much as the TNA booking team try, they dont seem to be getting over. Then we have the reformed British Invasion who look weak. And then the newly formed team of the Pope and Devon.

Im aware that the Motor City Machine Guns arent around due to injuries and that Beer Money are currently getting big singles pushes which is a big positive in my eyes, but a former focal point of TNA has become forgotten as of late in my opinion.

What are your thoughts on the current state of the TNA Tag Team Division?

·
Blastcraze The Berserk
874 Posts
It's Gash.

What we need is a hella good new team to enter the fray and save us from poor quality tag teaming.

I recommend 1 Asshole and 1 Ex Druggie.

Know anyone who might fit these roles?

·
Registered
7,905 Posts
its going to be bad when the company is in the middle of a roster transition. They have been getting rid of people and bringing in new people. You can tell for sure who wont be around that much longer.Or at least gone with in a year.

Also they have been splitting up legit people that need proper pushes.Like Alex shelly was about to get a epic X division champion push.Of course he got hurt.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Ink Inc. - Mexican America Injured
MCMG - Mexican America Injured
They briefly injured James Storm but he worked through the pain, and Hernandez nearly killed Doug Williams a few months back so I doubt they ant to particularly work with them. Mexican America is the death of the tag team division, plain and simple.

·
Premium Member
43,588 Posts
The Tag Division just got butt raped when Sabin got hurt (Shelley being injured at the start of the year), then Jessie Neal got hurt. And then GenMe left. So that's three teams down the tubes right there. And depending on how long they planned on having Bobby Roode win the BFG Series, there wasn't much they could do with Beer Money once they dropped the titles.

I mean WOW. All that bad news directed at the tag division. What they should do is start scouting outside of the company and try to pick some teams up.

Right now all we have is:

Mexican America = Or NOT-LAX as I like to call them. Bad gimmick.
Pope & Devon = Uh, yeah.
British Invasion = Hardly ever used, but the only real team they have. Go figure.
Rob Terry & Robbie E = Yikes.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It is not the best at the moment but it will pick up again.. one thing good about TNA is they always have good to great tag team division

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Mexican America are playing their gimmick perfectly and killing them off one by one.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Yeah, their tag division started to rapidly decline at the beginning of the year when Shelley got injured and they broke up Generation Me and it only got worse with Sabin getting injured, Gen Me quitting, Neal getting injured, British Invasion getting bumped to Xplosion except their monthly appearance to put over the next challengers, and Beer Money now looking to split. The teams they’ve added to fill the depleted division--Mexican America, Pope/Devon, possibly Robbie E & Rob Terry--are no good if not outright terrible.

It’s hard to believe the tag division was the highlight of the promotion this time last year. Sadly, it looks like things won’t get better for quite a while. I don’t see it turning around until Mexican America either become a safe decent team very soon or leave the title picture, Sabin returns and they push the Guns as the top face team again, British Invasion move from Xplosion to Impact, and they bring in &/or hire a couple more solid teams, and I don’t know if they’re willing to do many of those things or give the division the TV time it needs to feel important, not that this current division warrants much TV time. It’s a shame since a strong tag division could really differentiate them from WWE, and some of their most popular homegrown acts have been tag acts.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
People need to stop bitching about 'the state of (whatever) division'. I always love how people pretend to love KO wrestling and how is should get a bigger focus. How BMI, MCMG, Ink Inc, The British Invasion, Mexican America, and potentially Robbie E./Rob Terry isn't enough tag teams. How the X Divison is 'dead' or 'dying' etc.

sigh.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I was calling for TNA to bring in more teams when MCMGs & BMI were putting on the best of 5 series.
Of course now when all those great teams are gone people realise how sh*t the division is without em.

People need to stop bitching about 'the state of (whatever) division'. I always love how people pretend to love KO wrestling and how is should get a bigger focus. How BMI, MCMG, Ink Inc, The British Invasion, Mexican America, and potentially Robbie E./Rob Terry isn't enough tag teams. How the X Divison is 'dead' or 'dying' etc.

sigh.
BMI- unless Rhodes fails to win the title and they both go with a singles feud between them, they won't be teaming for a while.
MCMGs - Sabin is injured while Shelley wrestlers on Xplosion.
Ink Inc - decent but should be no where at the top of the division.
British Invasion - They've only been in 5 matches since they reunited 6 months ago. Hell they've only been on iMPACT twice in 2 months.
Mexican American & Robbie/Terry - i won't even explain those two :lmao

The X-division has been on life support for a long time, Now of course it's dead.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
It's a shame that TNA didn't try to capitalize on MCMG vs Beer Money last year and try to bring in more good Tag Teams.

Even last year in the midst of that awesome series, those 2 teams along with Generation Me were pretty much it when it came to the Tag Division in TNA.

I knew that once Alex Shelley got injured in the beginning of the year, they were fucked because the Machine Guns were pretty much the whole Tag Division because there's no depth.

Last year, they were one of the main reasons to watch Impact. For a lot of people, they were the
only reason to watch Impact.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
A Double is the X division champion. What you just said has no ground.
I'm a fan of Aries, but i'm a fan of him becoming a champion to a division that's just bad.

If the challengers to a champion are lackluster, then his reign is going to be lackluster too.

It's a shame that TNA didn't try to capitalize on MCMG vs Beer Money last year and try to bring in more good Tag Teams.

Even last year in the midst of that awesome series, those 2 teams along with Generation Me were pretty much it when it came to the Tag Division in TNA.

I knew that once Alex Shelley got injured in the beginning of the year, they were fucked because the Machine Guns were pretty much the whole Tag Division because there's no depth.

Last year, they were one of the main reasons to watch Impact. For a lot of people, they were the
only reason to watch Impact.
Alot of people were to busy praising the series, hell some people were justifying only having 3 worthwhile tag teams.

When Shelley was injured TNA seemed to be teasing a spilt of the team.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm a fan of Aries, but i'm a fan of him becoming a champion to a division that's just bad.

If the challengers to a champion are lackluster, then his reign is going to be lackluster too.
Nothing lackluster about facing Alex Shelly and Brian kendrick in a three way match.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Nothing lackluster about facing Alex Shelly and Brian kendrick in a three way match.
- IMO that match was decent.
- I have'nt enjoyed Kendrick's run in TNA at all.
- Aries/Shelley was/is the only thing i was looking forward to when Aries was signed.
Right now Shelley is at the bottom of the rankings so that match won't be happening for a while.

·
Registered
851 Posts
- IMO that match was decent.
- I have'nt enjoyed Kendrick's run in TNA at all.
- Aries/Shelley was/is the only thing i was looking forward to when Aries was signed.
Right now Shelley is at the bottom of the rankings so that match won't be happening for a while.
True but these new signings do show signs of putting on a good match. I personally am looking forward to seeing sorenseen vs aries.

·
Banned
350 Posts
They've still got promise.

Ink, Inc., The British Invasion, Mexican America, Pope & Devon, Robbie E. & Rob Terry...

I agree that they need one or two really elite teams to spruce it up a bit; a replacement for Beer Money, Inc. and The Motor City Machine Guns.

I think Pope & Devon could become one of those teams if, and only if, they make them a legitimate team and not just a pair of guys temporarily teaming up to have something to do. Give them similar attire, a team name, a team finisher, etc.

Maybe a Daniels & Kaz team. Daniels has no long-term singles potential due to his age and size, and Kaz has fallen off the face of the planet. Have Kaz turn on A.J. and side with Daniels, and voila!, an excellent new heel team for the tag division.

Faces:
The Congregation of Domination (Pope & Devon)
Ink, Inc.
The British Invasion

Heels:
Kaz & Daniels
Mexican America
The Jersey Show (Robbie E. & Big Rob Terry)

Also, sign The World's Greatest Tag Team away from Ring of Honor (if possible; I'm not sure of their contract status). They could be another elite tag team and deserve better than wasting their careers away in front of 28 fans in elementary school gymnasiums across the East Coast.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts