Wrestling Forum banner

STARDOM, TJPW, and Rossy's Wrasslin Discussion Thread

96K views 3K replies 39 participants last post by  D Z 
#1 · (Edited)
This was originally the Fight to The Top PPV thread, but I figure we might as well use it as a general STARDOM discussion thread since this section isn't very active.

They were nice enough to make an English tweet with various time zones. It starts in 2 hours and features two cage matches. One is between Tam Nakano (leader of the Cosmic Angels) and Natsupoi (member of Donna Del Mundo [DDM]), and the other is a six woman tag between Queen's Quest (lead by Utami) and STARS (lead by Mayu Iwatani).

Someone on Twitter was nice enough to translate Tam's thread about her multi-year rivalry with Natsupoi. Click it and scroll through the 14 tweets for the full backstory:

Stars to Watch
Queen's Quest consists of:
Utami Hayashishita-STARDOM's highest ranked PWI Superstar at #4 in 2021

Saya Kamatani, who's making a strong argument for the greatest Wonder of STARDOM Champion (think Intercontinental Champion that matters) in history with her excellent matches

AZM- Reigning High Speed Champion (think WCW Cruiserweight Champion) that can steal the show on any given night at 19 years old

STARS features veteran and Ace Mayu Iwatani, who you may know from teaming with Io Shirai and KAIRI in threedom.

The Artist of Stardom (Trios title) match features God's Eye, Oedo Tai, and DDM. Syuri (reigning World of STARDOM champion) officially left DDM to form her own stable after her fantastic match with Giulia at STARDOM World Climax 3 months ago, and ever since then, DDM has lost the artist titles and other big matches, while God's Eye and Oedo Tai (reigning Artist of STARDOM Champions) have steadily gained momentum. This match is Giulia's chance to put DDM back on top after being in a slump for the first half of 2022.

Similarly to Tam and Poi, Mina Shirakawa (Cosmic Angels) and Himeka (DDM) have a long history of going from friends to bitter enemies as well. You can check out their thread here:

Miyu Amasaki (Queen's Quest) is a rookie on the rise that's making a strong impression on the STARDOM fans and its roster. She just recently won her last qualifying 5 Star Grand Prix tournament match against perennial jobber Waka, and is looking to carry that momentum into this tag team match with her partner, Lady C (Queen's Quest) against Saya Lida and Hazuki of STARS.

See less See more
#1,003 ·
Got around to watching the 1st day of the 5 Star Grand Prix. A great collection of matches.

Mariah May I thought really showcased herself well against AZM. And yes I'm aware a lot of that is AZM making her look good with her bumps but between a Sunset Flip Powerbomb to the outside and a Tombstone, Mariah looked pretty good.

Gotta say I do love the "tradition" with Japanese referees where they don't give a fuck how the match starts, they just ring the bell. Like, Starlight Kid boots Natsupoi out of the ring as Nautspoi is making her into the ring and the ref just calls for the bell, lol. I've gotten used to it with NJPW too. These 2 had a nice, fast paced match.

Took a bit for me to get into Utami vs. Mina but eventually they figured out a formula of just having Utami kick out of every big move Mina hit and it seemed to work as the crowd got into the nearfalls. Not sure about Utami's new finisher. Like, I know she's using Shayna Baszler's move but from what I've seen Shayna usually makes it look better than that.

The more I see of Suzu Suzuki the more I love her. She's just a ball of energy in the ring that never slows down, and her match with Syuri was maybe the best of the night. Though that honor might go to Guilia vs. Saori. They set the tone early with the Suplex off the stage and the Piledriver through the table and kept the energy going for the most part from there.

Sucks to see Saya got hurt, it felt like she was poised to have a big tournament here and now she's likely done for the year. As for the Megan Bayne attack after the match, Bayne has the superstar look, I'll say that. But her promo after her beatdown made me laugh with how wooden it was. I'm interested to see what she can do with Tam, or maybe better to say what Tam can get out of her.

#1,018 ·
Utami vs. Mayu was a match I was really looking forward to. And when I started watching it, for the 1st half I was like "eh, this is good but it's not really grabbing me yet". And then right after I said that's when they start doing moves on the outside and on the apron, and then follow that up with a big barrage big moves and Suplexes. And that's when this thing got great. And then that finish, fucking great. I watch enough wrestling where I'll forget a lot of great matches a week after they happen. But I'll always remember that finish.

As for the main event, Bayne got to look like a monster and Tam bumped around for her like a champ. Had me convinced for a sec that Bayne was going to win after hitting her finisher.

#1,033 ·
I'm excited for my Cosmic Angels versus your old folks! Hopefully they show me something so I can understand why you've been stuck in that era for three decades 🤣.
In my defense, 1984-1987 and 1991-1995 were the golden era, so it's hard to not get stuck there (I wasnt even alive back then, so believe me, bro :) )

Also, the program that I am referencing in my Asuka shitpost literally happened last week, so it's the current stuff: