Wrestling Forum banner

STARDOM, TJPW, and Rossy's Wrasslin Discussion Thread

96K views 3K replies 39 participants last post by  D Z 
#1 · (Edited)
This was originally the Fight to The Top PPV thread, but I figure we might as well use it as a general STARDOM discussion thread since this section isn't very active.

They were nice enough to make an English tweet with various time zones. It starts in 2 hours and features two cage matches. One is between Tam Nakano (leader of the Cosmic Angels) and Natsupoi (member of Donna Del Mundo [DDM]), and the other is a six woman tag between Queen's Quest (lead by Utami) and STARS (lead by Mayu Iwatani).

Someone on Twitter was nice enough to translate Tam's thread about her multi-year rivalry with Natsupoi. Click it and scroll through the 14 tweets for the full backstory:

Stars to Watch
Queen's Quest consists of:
Utami Hayashishita-STARDOM's highest ranked PWI Superstar at #4 in 2021

Saya Kamatani, who's making a strong argument for the greatest Wonder of STARDOM Champion (think Intercontinental Champion that matters) in history with her excellent matches

AZM- Reigning High Speed Champion (think WCW Cruiserweight Champion) that can steal the show on any given night at 19 years old

STARS features veteran and Ace Mayu Iwatani, who you may know from teaming with Io Shirai and KAIRI in threedom.

The Artist of Stardom (Trios title) match features God's Eye, Oedo Tai, and DDM. Syuri (reigning World of STARDOM champion) officially left DDM to form her own stable after her fantastic match with Giulia at STARDOM World Climax 3 months ago, and ever since then, DDM has lost the artist titles and other big matches, while God's Eye and Oedo Tai (reigning Artist of STARDOM Champions) have steadily gained momentum. This match is Giulia's chance to put DDM back on top after being in a slump for the first half of 2022.

Similarly to Tam and Poi, Mina Shirakawa (Cosmic Angels) and Himeka (DDM) have a long history of going from friends to bitter enemies as well. You can check out their thread here:

Miyu Amasaki (Queen's Quest) is a rookie on the rise that's making a strong impression on the STARDOM fans and its roster. She just recently won her last qualifying 5 Star Grand Prix tournament match against perennial jobber Waka, and is looking to carry that momentum into this tag team match with her partner, Lady C (Queen's Quest) against Saya Lida and Hazuki of STARS.

See less See more
#874 ·
For me, the key takeaway from this show was:

WHEN'S THE FUCKING REMATCH?

Other than that - Really liked the Queen's Quest match, the Saya and Utami stuff did exactly what you would expect and sets things up nicely.

The High-Speed result was a shock, but I liked it. Though I do acknowledge that, as a big Saki fan, maybe I'm just biased.

The Artist match was easily the highlight of the show. Great match, great finish, Giulia getting to show why she's cooler than everyone in the building with the mic in her hand after, and Stars proving why they're just the best. :ROFLMAO:

The show should have ended there. The one time you want that motherfucker in his hat to come through with the bullshit draw, and nooooooooooooooooooooo. He has to give us the finish.

#945 ·

Have to wonder if this would be Mercedes vs. Giulia had she not gotten hurt, but these matches look good too.

Saw some of the Sunshine show. The one singles match that stood out was Syuri vs. Xena. I know what Syuri could do, but Xena had a couple of impressive spots. I think she could be something. And yeah, most of her appeal is that she's hot and has a great body. But moves wise she showed a couple of things.

As far as the Cage matches go, the 1st one eventually came down to Giulia & Mayu and their exchange to the finish was great. And the 2nd one, I can see was basically built around the story of Utami & Saya. Which I admit, I don't really have the full context for, but I understood enough of it. And as a match, it was a fun clusterfuck.

#952 ·
Even with the (wonderful) title change, the Sunshine show was very much a two-match show (can't believe they didn't do anything with Kairi and that fucking Gelfling). I liked the first cage match very much, and when it came down to those two it was wonderful. That said, I have no idea what the fuck Giulia was thinking with that leap off the cage at the end, but I guess that is just Giulia.

I don't think the main event was as good with all those people in there, but the AZM double foot stomp and escape was an amazing spot, and the ending:cry: SO BEAUTIFUL. That was moment of the year type stuff. Loved when they all charged back in the ring after the match to make the semi-save too. Poor Saki.