Wrestling Forum banner

STARDOM, TJPW, and Rossy's Wrasslin Discussion Thread

96K views 3K replies 39 participants last post by  D Z 
#1 · (Edited)
This was originally the Fight to The Top PPV thread, but I figure we might as well use it as a general STARDOM discussion thread since this section isn't very active.

They were nice enough to make an English tweet with various time zones. It starts in 2 hours and features two cage matches. One is between Tam Nakano (leader of the Cosmic Angels) and Natsupoi (member of Donna Del Mundo [DDM]), and the other is a six woman tag between Queen's Quest (lead by Utami) and STARS (lead by Mayu Iwatani).

Someone on Twitter was nice enough to translate Tam's thread about her multi-year rivalry with Natsupoi. Click it and scroll through the 14 tweets for the full backstory:

Stars to Watch
Queen's Quest consists of:
Utami Hayashishita-STARDOM's highest ranked PWI Superstar at #4 in 2021

Saya Kamatani, who's making a strong argument for the greatest Wonder of STARDOM Champion (think Intercontinental Champion that matters) in history with her excellent matches

AZM- Reigning High Speed Champion (think WCW Cruiserweight Champion) that can steal the show on any given night at 19 years old

STARS features veteran and Ace Mayu Iwatani, who you may know from teaming with Io Shirai and KAIRI in threedom.

The Artist of Stardom (Trios title) match features God's Eye, Oedo Tai, and DDM. Syuri (reigning World of STARDOM champion) officially left DDM to form her own stable after her fantastic match with Giulia at STARDOM World Climax 3 months ago, and ever since then, DDM has lost the artist titles and other big matches, while God's Eye and Oedo Tai (reigning Artist of STARDOM Champions) have steadily gained momentum. This match is Giulia's chance to put DDM back on top after being in a slump for the first half of 2022.

Similarly to Tam and Poi, Mina Shirakawa (Cosmic Angels) and Himeka (DDM) have a long history of going from friends to bitter enemies as well. You can check out their thread here:

Miyu Amasaki (Queen's Quest) is a rookie on the rise that's making a strong impression on the STARDOM fans and its roster. She just recently won her last qualifying 5 Star Grand Prix tournament match against perennial jobber Waka, and is looking to carry that momentum into this tag team match with her partner, Lady C (Queen's Quest) against Saya Lida and Hazuki of STARS.

See less See more
#2,297 · (Edited)
Kozuen finally filling their Sayaka quota again! I think Sayaka Kurara is the cutest rookie and therefore the rookie with the most potential. I guess we'll see if I continue to feel this way when she's costing Cosmic Angels every trios match.
Yes, she's so adorable! I doubt she'll lose nearly every match for two years straight like Waka and Lady C, but there will be the usual new wrestler growing pains.

We found the #1 fan of ROSSY'S WRASSLIN!

#250 ·
this match was incredibly good. It really made you feel bad for Mayu Iwatani. Will Ospreay vs Shota Umino was also a banger. I decided I didn't want to sleep and I figured something cool might happen on this event, so I watched it live. Although, I figured it would end at like 4 AM my time, which felt doable and instead it didn't end until like 6:30 O_O.

#266 · (Edited)
『AAAWシングル王座を争う1DAYトーナメントに向け各選手が意気込み/マーベラス会見(2)』

Feels weird to see Unagi Sayaka in a tournament for the AAAW World Championship, although Marvelous and Stardom are okey terms, so maybe not that surprising. Imagine telling this to someone in 2002

Everybody online is rooting for Mio Momono

Hey Mayo, hey Mayo!!!!

Anyway, here is the match between unagi and Chikayo Nagashima.

It is really impressive how good Chikayo Nagashima and Meiko Satomura still are to this day after almost 30 years of career. And it is crazy how they are the same age as Asuka desp8ite having been active wrestlers since 1995!!!!

Also lol at Chigusa Nagayo's fanboy like commentary from her camera

#431 ·
Day 104 of the First Gyan Period, IT'S THE BIG SHOW IN SENDAI! Our hero, The Eel, once again attempts to conquer Team 200kg by herse- NO! She's not alone! By god it's Ryo Mizunami! Business just picked up! No way she can lose now! Will The Eel become the greatest hero of our time? Will she use her merch money to buy WWE? You will find none of the answers to those questions in the video below!

#464 ·
I saw some highlights of Miyu Yamashita in an actual kickboxing match and she landed a shoot enzugiri. So, now I just kinda wanna see joshis take real fights to see what kinda crazy shit they would do LOL

Although, I dunno how much competition there would be in Saki Kashima's weight class.