Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Bleep, bloop, bloam, goodbye to your home.
7,735 Posts
I'll pass on this one.

Rogue was imo was a good prequel to episode 4. But i dont need a prequel for a prequel.

Also i agree what Yeah1993 said. Star Wars universe is huge. You dont have to stick with the known shit but you can easily go explore the other parts of galaxy.

Make a movie or series about some crime boss terrorizing local village where some guy stands up and eventually overcomes the odds or some shit. Or my favourite, make a movie of Old Republic era. I'd love to see movies and shows about Old Republic times where there was Republic and Sith Triumvirate.

·
Premium Member
44,063 Posts
I still can't believe Disney hasn't explored the Old Republic era.

I mean come on guys! Its all right there and you don't have to work as hard to make it fit in with the Skywalker saga stuff since it takes place so far into the past.

·
Banned
2,427 Posts
The SW universe is not as expansive as you guys think.

What really defined SW was the iconic characters and they can never be surpassed. Practically everyone that has come since has just been been a poor man's version or a bastardized version of an iconic OT character.

Lightsabers and spaceships and all that stuff is great but it's not the backbone of the franchise. No villain will ever measure up to Vader, no teacher will ever measure up to Yoda, no one will measure up to Han, no ship will measure up to the falcon, etc. etc. etc.

The only non-OT SW movie that I ever enjoyed in theaters was Rogue One but even that doesn't rank next to the OT.

We have already seen the best that this franchise has to offer.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,392 Posts
The SW universe is not as expansive as you guys think.

What really defined SW was the iconic characters and they can never be surpassed. Practically everyone that has come since has just been been a poor man's version or a bastardized version of an iconic OT character.

Lightsabers and spaceships and all that stuff is great but it's not the backbone of the franchise. No villain will ever measure up to Vader, no teacher will ever measure up to Yoda, no one will measure up to Han, no ship will measure up to the falcon, etc. etc. etc.

The only non-OT SW movie that I ever enjoyed in theaters was Rogue One but even that doesn't rank next to the OT.

We have already seen the best that this franchise has to offer.
you would be correct if Thrawn wasn't a thing

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts
Bro come on granted I never read the books but he isn't fucking with Vader.

Vader will always be the ultimate SW villain and the face of the franchise.
But you see that's where you're wrong. CP wasn't stating that Thrawn is as iconic as Vader but you said everyone that has came since has been a poor mans version or bastardized version of an iconic character.... but Thrawn is none of that. He's totally different from anything that came before him. That's what makes him epic and beloved.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Don't forget the Yuuzhan Vong. They were certainly different from anything SW has done before

Reactions: Arya Dark

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

·
The Sundance Kid
18,392 Posts
Whats wrong with them?
Really don't like the New Jedi Order series of books where it's one super long crawl through the same crisis (with constantly changing authors which is a huge detractor for me) and they have to try and find ways to keep people interested by going for shock value over good storytelling, much prefer the New Republic era before it where people were telling their own loosely connected stories.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Really don't like the New Jedi Order series of books where it's one super long crawl through the same crisis (with constantly changing authors which is a huge detractor for me) and they have to try and find ways to keep people interested by going for shock value over good storytelling, much prefer the New Republic era before it where people were telling their own loosely connected stories.
I do agree that NJO was a slog. I have no problem with the Vong themselves though.

·
Banned
2,427 Posts
But you see that's where you're wrong. CP wasn't stating that Thrawn is as iconic as Vader but you said everyone that has came since has been a poor mans version or bastardized version of an iconic character.... but Thrawn is none of that. He's totally different from anything that came before him. That's what makes him epic and beloved.
That's cool, again I never read the books. I appreciate that they did something different with him rather than the bajillion other SW villains that are conveniently named Darth and wear masks.

Honestly I thought The Emperor probably could have taken the reigns from Vader if they decided to keep the series going. In a way he kind of did if you consider the prequels. Too bad he was wasted.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

21 - 40 of 47 Posts