Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,716 Posts
I heard there are few power variations, but you get environmentally specific powers that allow you to go back through certain areas. Unlike Metroid where you get a super missile or can roll into a ball, abilities you can use generally and in combat, Fallen Order sounded like you have a few staple powers but then are given abilities not for combat, but specifically to go back and progress the game. Is that the case?

What is the combat like? I hear dark souls, but it looks like dynasty warriors with dodge.

·
The face that runs the List
10,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard there are few power variations, but you get environmentally specific powers that allow you to go back through certain areas. Unlike Metroid where you get a super missile or can roll into a ball, abilities you can use generally and in combat, Fallen Order sounded like you have a few staple powers but then are given abilities not for combat, but specifically to go back and progress the game. Is that the case?

What is the combat like? I hear dark souls, but it looks like dynasty warriors with dodge.
Some of the abilities are used in battle, like the Force push/pull powers. Some are not, such as wall running or the zip line.

The fights remind me of Witcher 3 with jumps

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I just hope this game has no atrocious final boss as Imperial Destroyer on Star Wars The Force Unleashed.

·
The face that runs the List
10,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear it's good, but flawed. Will definitely play it.
It's one of those games in which, even if you have unlocked a lot of abilities and improved your character, you can still get killed pretty easily in some regular fights if you don't pay attention. I think it's a good thing to have a decent challenge sometimes, but you're supposed to play a Jedi, and you should be able to go through weaker enemies very easily. Sometimes I get killed by the equivalent of a rat.

·
I WANT ALL THE MEAT!
1,276 Posts
Im intrigued because it is kind of dark soulsish gameplay and all but Im not the biggest star wars fan so it would be hard to play something im not interested in. Plus It only likes like 15 hours to beat the game. Its super short. Saw my friend on twitch beat it.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I'm very excited to play this...gotta get it after I beat Pokemon though lol

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,631 Posts
Now that Disney+ is a thing.. I can watch all the films and then possibly get this game as it looks pretty wild. I just want some actual reference and to feel more immersed so I gotta finally just hunker down and watch the film series.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I might pick this up, I've seen that it has alot of positive reviews so far. Only nitpick I had from the gameplay trailers is that you can only amputate monsters, but with humans it's like you're hitting them with a baseball bat instead of a lightsaber. Kinda lame, but I can get over it. PC players will have more fun with it since that will likely be an easy mod they can add in.

I never played dark souls, hopefully the combat system isn't just you dodging/rolling 90% of the time.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I might pick this up, I've seen that it has alot of positive reviews so far. Only nitpick I had from the gameplay trailers is that you can only amputate monsters, but with humans it's like you're hitting them with a baseball bat instead of a lightsaber.
I expect its because amputating humans is probably seen as more violent than amputating monsters. Humans are too close to reality. Ive known a few people who don't take issue with shooting aliens or whatever but get quite offended over games like call of duty that involves fighting with humans.

If they have the feature within some aspects of the game then there no technical reason why they couldnt apply it to human characters. So my guess is that they have to remove it to gain a certain rating or to simply reduce the overall visual violence so they don't put off their potential audience. I expect that is the most likely reason. They won't hesitate in removing something it if its inclusion could drastically damage their sales potential due to an increased rating etc.

·
Premium Member
16,716 Posts
I might pick this up, I've seen that it has alot of positive reviews so far. Only nitpick I had from the gameplay trailers is that you can only amputate monsters, but with humans it's like you're hitting them with a baseball bat instead of a lightsaber. Kinda lame, but I can get over it. PC players will have more fun with it since that will likely be an easy mod they can add in.

I never played dark souls, hopefully the combat system isn't just you dodging/rolling 90% of the time.
My speculation is Disney wanted the perfect Star Wars game right before the new Star Wars. A lot of the internet fanbase was highly against The Last Jedi, and definitely against Battlefront. Disney likely stepped in and forced EA to make a game that wouldn't get bad publicity. Disney didn't want any bad press, keeping out some violent stuff.

This is why the game is good, EA didn't meddle with it. But, it's not a fantastic masterpiece because it was still rushed to a deadline before the next movie.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I expect its because amputating humans is probably seen as more violent than amputating monsters. Humans are too close to reality. Ive known a few people who don't take issue with shooting aliens or whatever but get quite offended over games like call of duty that involves fighting with humans.

If they have the feature within some aspects of the game then there no technical reason why they couldnt apply it to human characters. So my guess is that they have to remove it to gain a certain rating or to simply reduce the overall visual violence so they don't put off their potential audience. I expect that is the most likely reason. They won't hesitate in removing something it if its inclusion could drastically damage their sales potential due to an increased rating etc.
Which is ironic coming from a movie franchise that is obsessed with limb amputations. I mean hell, Jango and Dooku got their head's cut off which is way more violent than hands and arms. I feel like they should have left it in the game but have it turned off by default and we can just enable it in a special option or something. But ah well.

·
From parts unknown
22,788 Posts
Here's what's gonna happen:

1. They made a great single player game to see if people will buy it or.
2. But since this game comes in the middle of the worst brand image for both Disney and EA, it will be largely ignored. Of course, they didn't hype/market the game either at all.
3. The sales will suffer
4. EA will be like "see, no one wants single-player games".
5. Never gonna get another single-player star wars game again.

*sigh*

At least we got one semi-decent (though fairly flawed) game. I'm on my 3rd world right now and I'm enjoying the narrative tremendously so far. It's the best Star Wars canon since Rogue One.

Which is ironic coming from a movie franchise that is obsessed with limb amputations. I mean hell, Jango and Dooku got their head's cut off which is way more violent than hands and arms. I feel like they should have left it in the game but have it turned off by default and we can just enable it in a special option or something. But ah well.
Franchise was pre-disney. None of the movies since have shown any amputations at all.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,644 Posts
1. They made a great single player game to see if people will buy it or.
2. But since this game comes in the middle of the worst brand image for both Disney and EA, it will be largely ignored. Of course, they didn't hype/market the game either at all.
3. The sales will suffer
4. EA will be like "see, no one wants single-player games".
5. Never gonna get another single-player star wars game again.

*sigh*

At least we got one semi-decent (though fairly flawed) game.
That's all true sadly. But if I could add to it, this is isn't the Star Wars game I wanted. If they were making Republic Commando 2, Force Unleashed 3 or either of the rumored Darth Maul or Boba Fett games, I would definitely be all over them.

Instead they made a (from what I can gather) Star Wars Dark Souls/Sekiro thing. Not my genre, not parting with my money. :justsayin

*plus it's fucking EA :D

·
From parts unknown
22,788 Posts
That's all true sadly. But if I could add to it, this is isn't the Star Wars game I wanted. If they were making Republic Commando 2, Force Unleashed 3 or either of the rumored Darth Maul or Boba Fett games, I would definitely be all over them.

Instead they made a (from what I can gather) Star Wars Dark Souls/Sekiro thing. Not my genre, not parting with my money. :justsayin

*plus it's fucking EA :D
I pirated it.

BTW, they have a "story-mode" setting for people who want easy (but still relatively satisfying) combat. I'm playing on the one just higher than story mode (and it's still really tough).

It's not *true* dark souls in the fact that the easiest setting makes the game accessible for people who just want to play for the narrative. One setting higher and it's a challenge once you get used to the combat mechanics.

But yeah, this is a game where if you get complacent, the weakest enemies can make you their bitch. So admittedly it's not for everyone.

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,249 Posts
Does this play similar to God of War and/or Uncharted and/or Tomb Raider series?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've finished the game and am now going back through to check off all the trophies for that shiny platinum. I liked the storyline, the battles were great contests, the boss fights were a good challenge. I love being able to wield a lightsaber without time restrictions and acquire jedi skills. Very well balanced game, reminded me of the Revenge of the Sith game way back when.

·
Premium Member
16,716 Posts
This is on sale at Amazon, now. It's at $44.99 - $11.25 at checkout. About $33.

I actually bought it from Target, then saw this deal. I'll return Target's, for anyone who wanted to know my weekend plans.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts