Suzuki-gun
10,397 Posts
SUBBAN TO NEW JERSEY FOR SANTINI, DAVIES AND TWO 2ND ROUND PICKS LMAO

Leafs had to give up a 1st round pick to send Marleau to Carolina :mj2

At least shit is finally happening

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
I don't like the Leafs, but full marks to them for getting rid of Marleau's contract.

Marner doesn't want to go back to the Leafs cause Babcock is the coach and he knows they will never win a cup as long as Babcock is their head coach.

·
Suzuki-gun
10,397 Posts
Kapanen and Johnsson close to extensions for around a combined 6.5m, which is around what the Leafs saved by moving Marleau

1st & Marleau for Kappy and Johnsson is the way I'm looking at it. Good stuff

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Subban to New Jersey and they also got the first draft pick Jack Hughes. I am not saying New Jersey are going to be huge contenders, but I would pay attention to them now, they arent going to be stepped on the same as last season.

What the Leafs really need are some D-Mans. Their offence is already killer and their goaltending is also very good. I have a feeling Nylander will show up big so if Marner doesn't sign, it would be a hit but we retain some salary cap and hopefully still retain the offence we had last year. We could use that cap money to flesh out our defensemen. If we do keep Marner then our offence has to be even better. Obviously the end goal is the Stanley Cup but the 2020 season has to atleast finish with a 3rd round exit. The Leafs cant afford to take another first round exit especially now that the Raptors are NBA Champions and Kawhi staying makes them favorites to do it again next year. Toronto would look at Leafs like the laughing stock of the town.

·
CHIEFS KINGDOM!
3,225 Posts
He wants Matthews, Karlsson etc money

Come back to me when you are a 40-50 goal scoring centre or a generational type D-man, Mitch
Well he has kind of proved to be better or at least better at producing then Matthews. And if someone like Skinner is worth the same as Stone (9M AVV) then Marner who has had more points then Matthews the last 2 seasons (I believe) then surly he has earned to be paid the same :shrug

·
Suzuki-gun
10,397 Posts
Well he has kind of proved to be better or at least better at producing then Matthews. And if someone like Skinner is worth the same as Stone (9M AVV) then Marner who has had more points then Matthews the last 2 seasons (I believe) then surly he has earned to be paid the same :shrug
Centers like Matthews are far more valuable and important to a team than a winger, just the way it is

Skinner contract is stupid and it's gonna be bad for the league if it's gonna be used as an example for other contracts

·
CHIEFS KINGDOM!
3,225 Posts
Centers like Matthews are far more valuable and important to a team than a winger, just the way it is

Skinner contract is stupid and it's gonna be bad for the league if it's gonna be used as an example for other contracts
Well you know it is, he's being paid the same as someone like Mark Stone and more then players like Tarasenko & ROR. Ridiculous I know but it's the way it is, now Schenn's gonna want close to that 9 mil tag, same with Pietro with Subban getting over 9mil. Contracts like Skinner & Hayes are going to screwup other teams cap when comparable or better players come time to sign a new deal. With Subban getting 9 Pietroangelo will get at least that. Same goes for Marner, he scores the same or better than Tavares & Matthews and just watched AM sign for 11 x 5 of course he's gonna want the same deal. The Hockey guy on Youtube is saying the hold up is Dubas wants to sign Mitch for 8 years, and Marner only wants the 5 year deal Austin got.

What did they sign Willie for again?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
He needed the cap relief to try to bring in Duchene.
That's the thing, I don't know if I even want him if he's really gonna cost at least 9.5 million for the next 7 years. Sounds like a pretty bad deal for someone who's 28 years old and has hit 70 points twice in 10 years, both coincidentally during contract seasons.

·
CHIEFS KINGDOM!
3,225 Posts
That's the thing, I don't know if I even want him if he's really gonna cost at least 9.5 million for the next 7 years. Sounds like a pretty bad deal for someone who's 28 years old and has hit 70 points twice in 10 years, both coincidentally during contract seasons.
I've heard rumors that the Pred's are in hard on Zuc, you guys and the Avs are the frontrunners right now. Being a Blues I hope he leaves the Central, but he would definitely be a player that would make either team better now.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,029 Posts
@Obfuscation; it looks like Joe PAVELSKI is headed to Dallas. Oh well. :sad:

Truly not unexpected, given what was known already following the San Jose Sharks' commitment to Erik Karlsson.
'
Nonetheless, it would be a lie to say that it does not hurt. :mj2

·
CHIEFS KINGDOM!
3,225 Posts
@Obfuscation; it looks like Joe PAVELSKI is headed to Dallas. Oh well. :sad:

Truly not unexpected, given what was known already following the San Jose Sharks' commitment to Erik Karlsson.
'
Nonetheless, it would be a lie to say that it does not hurt. :mj2
I know I'm not thrilled about him going to probably our toughest division rival.

·
CHIEFS KINGDOM!
3,225 Posts
lolShaw back to the Hawks.
Hearing they might bring in Vezina finalist and this years Masterson Trophy winner Robin Lehner for a 1 year 5 million dollar prove it deal. The Central got a whole lot tougher.

1901 - 1920 of 1946 Posts