Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 1946 Posts

·
It me.
13,505 Posts
Re: NHL Draft and Off-season Thread - Hopefully Patrick Kane Doesn't Go Home to Buffalo This Summer Edition

He's not the player he used to be, but Eric Staal signed with the Wild.

3 years, $10.5 million.

Minnesota's apparently promised big minutes back at center, so this should be a good opportunity for him to get back on track. And that's not an expensive contract.

·
It me.
13,505 Posts
Re: NHL Draft and Off-season Thread - Hopefully Patrick Kane Doesn't Go Home to Buffalo This Summer Edition

Mikkel Boedker to the Sharks for 4 years, $16 million.

Fuck. Avs could've kept him for that price. Also lost Shawn Matthias today.

Only signings I've seen thus far are Joe Colborne, Fedor Tyutin and Patrick Wiercioch. NOT GREAT.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts

Mikkel Boedker to the Sharks for 4 years, $16 million.

Fuck. Avs could've kept him for that price. Also lost Shawn Matthias today.

Only signings I've seen thus far are Joe Colborne, Fedor Tyutin and Patrick Wiercioch. NOT GREAT.
Ehh, not so sure about that. DeBoer coached him in the minors, which is the reason it took less money for them to sign him. That, and he wants to win the Cup with them.

Meanwhile in Nashville, the mandatory Weber quota is filled again.

·
     
3,533 Posts

Amazing that the Flames went from Hiller, Rämö to Elliot, Johnson. What a turn around. If Jim Nill could do something similar, the Stars would be legitimate contenders next year.

·
It me.
13,505 Posts

FRONT PAGE STORY★;60951370 said:
Amazing that the Flames went from Hiller, Rämö to Elliot, Johnson. What a turn around. If Jim Nill could do something similar, the Stars would be legitimate contenders next year.
I'll believe Elliott is capable of being successful outside of St. Louis when I see it.

·
It me.
13,505 Posts

Trades Subban because of "character issues". Signs Radulov who is one of the biggest douchebags this league has ever seen. :lmao
Someone else brought this up elsewhere, but it makes a bit more sense that they might want a guy like Shea Weber around (instead of Subban) if they knew they were going to sign Radulov this summer.

Not that that necessarily justifies the trade much more, but it's a thought.

·
1/100
7,728 Posts

I'll believe Elliott is capable of being successful outside of St. Louis when I see it.
Ditto. He's a band aid and should not be looked at as any kind of real solution. His absolute ceiling is getting them a wild card spot and a 1st round exit. at the same time, the pendulum could swing the other way and they could bottom out again and he stinks. Just don't have much confidence in him.

Calgary would've been better served going after Bishop, Fleury, or Bobrovsky. Either would have cost Calgary in both premium assets and big money, but top goalies are not cheap.

Think Dallas are still looking at Bishop, not sure how they make that work. As it stands, they're spending over 10 million total between their 2 goalies through 17/18. Identifying goaltenders has been Nill's Achilles' Heel.

·
My Balls Are Hard As Steele
9,852 Posts

I like the David Backes signing for the B's expect for the years. I can live with one less year. The money if fine. He's a Bruins type of player. Either I see him being on the wing with Bergie or them trading Krejci for a much needed D man and Backes taking over the 2nd line center spot. I like Krecji but we need a top 2 D man. I don't think Krejci does it alone so you have to sweeten the pot but it can get done.

·
Premium Member
30,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #170

Lou managed to unload that Bernier salary for this year now. Waiting to here the conditions before I :lmao @ the Ducks.
@Showtime

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,686 Posts

I mean I've gotten to laugh at Toronto for an entire lifetime so it's only fair if you can have a chuckle.

·
Premium Member
30,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #172

I mean I've gotten to laugh at Toronto for an entire lifetime so it's only fair if you can have a chuckle.
Tyler Biggs for Rickard Rakell and John Gibson :mj2

Francois Beauchemin for Jake Gardiner and Joffrey Lupul :D

Jean-Sebastien Giguere for Jason Blake and Vesa Toskala :D

·
25,686 Posts

And what sort of success did Toronto show for those won trades? A first round exit? :mj

·
1/100
7,728 Posts

Don't see the issue with ANA getting Bernier.

They needed a back-up, he has 1 year left, will cost them 2 mil in actual money, and they got him for probably nothing. It's good business for them that, instead of having Bernier included in the deal back in June, they waited and got TML to pay Bernier's bonus on July 1.

Tyler Biggs for Rickard Rakell and John Gibson :mj2

Francois Beauchemin for Jake Gardiner and Joffrey Lupul :D

Jean-Sebastien Giguere for Jason Blake and Vesa Toskala :D
Need to add at least 8 more MJ smileys to accurately portray the Biggs/Rakell & Gibson trade.

The other trades really aren't anything to smile about, tbh. If Lupul wasn't done and on a bad contract, then I'll give you that one. But if I had wheels I'd be a wagon.

·
L’APPEL DU VIDE
5,453 Posts

:subban4 :subban4 :subban4 :subban4 :subban4 :subban4 :subban4
:subban4 :subban4 :subban4 :subban4 :subban4 :subban4 :subban4​

·
1/100
7,728 Posts

the conditions for that Bernier to Anaheim trade were finally revealed:

- If Bernier starts half of Anaheim’s playoff games next spring and the Ducks win the Stanley Cup, Toronto receives the Ducks’ 2017 second-round pick.

- If Bernier starts half of Anaheim’s playoff games next spring and the Ducks lose in the Stanley Cup Final, Toronto receives the Ducks’ 2017 third-round pick.

- If Anaheim trades Bernier to a team that starts him in half of its playoff games next spring and wins the Stanley Cup, Toronto receives the Ducks’ second-round pick.

- If Anaheim trades Bernier to a team that starts him in half of its playoff games next spring and loses in the Stanley Cup Final, Toronto receives the Ducks’ third-round pick.

- If none of those happen, then Toronto gets nothing at all.

On the surface, basically Anaheim got a back-up goalie and his bonus paid by Toronto for nothing. Underneath, this was just a handshake deal that is an extension of the Andersen trade. Had no bonuses had to be paid, Bernier would've been included in the original Andersen trade.

·
Premium Member
30,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #178

the conditions for that Bernier to Anaheim trade were finally revealed:

- If Bernier starts half of Anaheim’s playoff games next spring and the Ducks win the Stanley Cup, Toronto receives the Ducks’ 2017 second-round pick.

- If Bernier starts half of Anaheim’s playoff games next spring and the Ducks lose in the Stanley Cup Final, Toronto receives the Ducks’ 2017 third-round pick.

- If Anaheim trades Bernier to a team that starts him in half of its playoff games next spring and wins the Stanley Cup, Toronto receives the Ducks’ second-round pick.

- If Anaheim trades Bernier to a team that starts him in half of its playoff games next spring and loses in the Stanley Cup Final, Toronto receives the Ducks’ third-round pick.

- If none of those happen, then Toronto gets nothing at all.

On the surface, basically Anaheim got a back-up goalie and his bonus paid by Toronto for nothing. Underneath, this was just a handshake deal that is an extension of the Andersen trade. Had no bonuses had to be paid, Bernier would've been included in the original Andersen trade.
Leafs have gotten pretty lucky with conditional picks lately :ghost.

·
25,686 Posts

lol @ JIM thinking this was some massive win for the leafs. :lmao

·
Premium Member
30,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #180

lol @ JIM thinking this was some massive win for the leafs. :lmao
Well the way I look at it, before the trade we were over the cap and that trade let us get under the cap. You let us clear cap space and didn't make us give you a pick to do so.

Thanks Anaheim.

161 - 180 of 1946 Posts