Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 1946 Posts

·
Born a Champion
14,152 Posts
Re: NHL Draft and Off-season Thread - Hopefully Patrick Kane Doesn't Go Home to Buffalo This Summer Edition

i am guessing the preds did this to get a little younger? i don't see any other reason for them to do this.

·
1/100
7,728 Posts
Re: NHL Draft and Off-season Thread - Hopefully Patrick Kane Doesn't Go Home to Buffalo This Summer Edition

All thing being equal, Montreal probably wins the deal.

However, all things are not equal.

- Weber is gonna be 31 with 10 years left making 7.85 million.
- Subban is 27 with 6 years left making 9 million.

·
It me.
13,505 Posts

i am guessing the preds did this to get a little younger? i don't see any other reason for them to do this.
Subban is younger, on a better contract and very arguably just outright better than Shea Weber. Certainly more dynamic. He also raises their national profile.

For the Habs, they get a #good #veteran #leader for their #classy franchise.

I'd fucking love to see a Habs/Preds Cup Final. The narratives would be amazing. :lmao

·
1/100
7,728 Posts

The big winner today is Jim Benning tbh

Let's see what he does on July 1 to reclaim the spot as worst GM in the league, tho.

EDIT: I'm more so talking about Chiarelli. This dude is highly questionable. You should not trade a top winger for a #3 defensive dman. He has now traded Seguin & Hall for what's tantamount to Eriksson and Larsson.

·
L’APPEL DU VIDE
5,453 Posts

First let's address immediate impact. Immediately, this trade will benefit both teams. They slot out Subby in exchange for Weber who brings in much needed grit and a don't-fuck-around factor that none of our players have. Yay. Yippee. Woooo. Awesome.

Now let's talk about long term effects. Long term, this trade is going to MORTIFY, fucking MORTIFY this team for years to come. I really don't need to explain to anyone here just how bad Weber's contract is going to look in that second half. Instead of FIRING THAT FUCKING INCOMPETENT NINCOMPOOP behind the bench and addressing the GLARING HOLES in this line up, they went and traded a player that together with Price, has kept this team from going full Edmonton for his entire fucking tenure here. I am really, really interested in seeing how Bergevin and the rest of these half wit fucking morons that run this team are received at Bell Centre come October.

·
NOTORIOUS
6,837 Posts

Now y'all understand why the fuck I was so angry and negative earlier in the year.

Reactions: Magic

·
L’APPEL DU VIDE
5,453 Posts

Literally so down about this that I haven't even found the strength to make fun of the Oilers. :subban4

And for the record I always said that Taylor Hall would be GODLY on any other team so let's see if that comes true. :mj2

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts

First let's address immediate impact. Immediately, this trade will benefit both teams. They slot out Subby in exchange for Weber who brings in much needed grit and a don't-fuck-around factor that none of our players have. Yay. Yippee. Woooo. Awesome.

Now let's talk about long term effects. Long term, this trade is going to MORTIFY, fucking MORTIFY this team for years to come. I really don't need to explain to anyone here just how bad Weber's contract is going to look in that second half. Instead of FIRING THAT FUCKING INCOMPETENT NINCOMPOOP behind the bench and addressing the GLARING HOLES in this line up, they went and traded a player that together with Price, has kept this team from going full Edmonton for his entire fucking tenure here. I am really, really interested in seeing how Bergevin and the rest of these half wit fucking morons that run this team are received at Bell Centre come October.

Potentially disasterous for the Preds as well;

·
L’APPEL DU VIDE
5,453 Posts

Potentially disasterous for the Preds as well;

Bergevin just called Shea Weber a "diamond in the rough". :lmao One of the most premier NHL Dmen of this generation has apparently been hiding all along.

Player for player, I believe both players will contribute to their teams positively for the next while. The problem here is the difference in age and contract length.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts

As a Devils fan, woah. I've been suggesting this trade for a couple of years now. Wasn't expecting this as I figured Shero would stand pat with another lackluster season due to the draft. Nice early birthday gift.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,815 Posts

Stamkos can go fuck himself.

I was excited for a possible Red Wings signing Friday of a big name and we now have nothing, man, NOTHING.

FUCK

·
1/100
7,728 Posts

tbh I wouldn't stress about the recapture penalty.

Unless something is put in the next CBA, there are ways to get around it. Weber could just be put on LTIR ala Pronger and Savard etc.

Plus, I really don't think the league would actually have the balls to follow through with that level of penalty. We saw how they gave the Devil's back a 1st Round pick for Kovalchuk after they were supposed to forfeit it. Granted, it was 30th overall and not where they were supposed to pick, but still a 1st round is a 1st round pick.

·
It me.
13,505 Posts

Stamkos can go fuck himself.

I was excited for a possible Red Wings signing Friday of a big name and we now have nothing, man, NOTHING.

FUCK
:Cocky :Cocky :Cocky

·
Registered
12,663 Posts

what an insane 30 minutes.

Eberle for Larsson seems more fair, no? seems more even to me a straight up one for one. Edmonton should at LEAST have gotten a draft pick as well. NJ made out like bandits here I feel.

·
Likes wrestling....
8,090 Posts

Preds.....;) I will miss Weber but this is a win.

·
Registered
25 Posts

All these moves being made, and the Rangers haven't done a thing. Great.

121 - 140 of 1946 Posts