Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I may have been here a short time, but from what I have seen so far the standard of posting in the Wrestling forum is poor though I know there are some good wrestling posters from what I have seen so far from which is Flash, D-Man( I think it is) and a select other couple including Nitemare.

My reasoning for this would be, the lack of discipline that is put down in the Wrestling forums, I.e people posting the same post's other again and again like "Edge Sucks" which consists of " I hate edge he sucks, he is so stale" and the majority of the other posts "agreeing" or "yea he sucks". As for other threads I have seen like " Who should take the belt off of JBL etc" people just slap down random names and don't even EXPLAIN their choices. Part of an Internet Forum is to post your opinions while backing them up, because if you wanted to post at a Q and A site where you answer a question and supposed to provide an answer you would go somewhere else. Now I'm not trying to be an asshole, but isn't the whole point in having a forum supposed to be about generating discussion and having your opinion posted? Now in now way am I hinting but I think you need someone to set down a Law or have someone set the standards straight in the wrestling forums. And in no way am I comparing my usual posting board of WZ to W-E as the reason why I joined in the first place is to simply hear the opinion of other wrestling fans.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Most people who start "Edge Sucks" and alike threads are new posters who do not know any better. They gradually learn that its better to actually voice your opinion with reasoning and context, than just bashing wrestlers. I'm sure you have newbies over at WZ, so you should know that not everyone is at the same posting level as everyone else. Users who just post "i agree" or "yeah, he sucks" are usually spammers/newbies trying to get their post counts up. There ARE a set of rules/laws set up by Nitemare, but not everyone has the brain power to actually read them. In short: yeah, we do have some newbie posters, but they gradually get better. It takes time for people to get used to rules, and their posts reflect on how they choose to adjust to the forum's atmosphere. Going around and bashing other people's posts, like you have been doing, isn't going to help anyone.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
x_white_tiger_x said:
Most people who start "Edge Sucks" and alike threads are new posters who do not know any better. They gradually learn that its better to actually voice your opinion with reasoning and context, than just bashing wrestlers. I'm sure you have newbies over at WZ, so you should know that not everyone is at the same posting level as everyone else. Users who just post "i agree" or "yeah, he sucks" are usually spammers/newbies trying to get their post counts up. There ARE a set of rules/laws set up by Nitemare, but not everyone has the brain power to actually read them. In short: yeah, we do have some newbie posters, but they gradually get better. It takes time for people to get used to rules, and their posts reflect on how they choose to adjust to the forum's atmosphere. Going around and bashing other people's posts, like you have been doing, isn't going to help anyone.
Yes sometimes I bash some peoples posts but come on some people have more posts than me that are in the region of 200/300 and quite simply produce a idiotic response. An example of this would be:

Question of the Thread:

Who will be the one to take the strap off of JBL

The Usual Answer to the Question of the Thread:

hardcore holly/angle/booker T

or

"i think kurt angle shud win it"

I'm sorry but that is not discussion and these forums are about "discussion".

But then again some people really do go and say something totally not logical and when you explain that to someone when it is their own fault they themselves get so defensive. I mean come on people who say "HHH is a glory hog", "HHH has all the power and squashes wrestlers", is quite frankly bullshit and again worthy of being given a heated response for what would be an immature comment because as I have said before do you really know this? Are you a part of WWE management and somehow I don't think so unless you have proof that can tell me that you are a part of WWE managment.

Yes on WZ we have alot of Newbies, but the rules are there and they are there to be complied with its like a contract you have certain rules where you should read them if you don't want to recieve consequences in cases like this on a forum where you would be banned. You read the rules and you abide by them its not by how you feel about the place and if they post "edge sucks" or whatever that is in no point any justice to them. A forum is a place to discuss what is happening on the certain issue and to discuss other peoples opinions.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
Most posters here have been here a long time and no longer care about W-E due to it's stale product. If you want discussion, wait for an event people care about. Go take a look at the topics when Orton won the title, and when Triple H won it back. Me and Kliqster owned a fair lot of marks.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
The marks add an awful lot to the wrestling forums. There is proper discussion going on, BDV (hi) and Kliq (when he posts) can be added to the list of good posters there, but there are others like Djibril, Rage and more who contribute good posts and opinions. There is a lot of wheat to sort from the chaff, but that's the same with everything in life.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Well I rarely post in the wrestling forum anymore because i just got bored of it. I post there once in a while when there is a good thread. Other than those selective threads, most of it is just spam with a question that doesn't need more than a 1 sentence answer.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
BreakDownV1 said:
Most posters here have been here a long time and no longer care about W-E due to it's stale product. If you want discussion, wait for an event people care about. Go take a look at the topics when Orton won the title, and when Triple H won it back. Me and Kliqster owned a fair lot of marks.
Yeah, you're right. Nobody cares about W-E anymore because it's stale.

o

·
Premium Member
29,365 Posts
Saddam Hussein said:
Yeah, you're right. Nobody cares about W-E anymore because it's stale.

o
Hahaha, nice.

I don't bother to post in the the WWE Forums because I don't have access to the WWE on TV. Therefore, I see it pointless offering my opinion on something I don't watch. Simple.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I post every once in a while in the wrestling part of the forum. I gets annoying going in there and everyone like "JBL's a cheater, Eddie Guerrero should be the champion." They fall for the Heel/Face game the WWE wants their fans to do. Hate the Heels, Love the Faces. It gets so annoying.

·
Banned
887 Posts
To be fair though, it would be well boring if everyone had the same tastes etc and very boring, I prefer the heels to the faces but I've got 3 or 4 wrestlers that i've always liked. I got to admit myself I probably don't give as much detail in posts as I should but some people are really terrible in giving their opinions and dont elaborate enough on the point that they are trying to make! Have to agree with Dysturbed though as a lot of what he said makes perfect sense though!!

·
Banned
3,331 Posts
The wrestling forums have been a turn off to me the past month, mainly because I couldn't stand all of the the who ar you voting for, and who should get a title shot, and the 8894848 different polls about Taboo Tuesday. Now that Taboo Tuesday is over I may post a bit more since Survivor Series is rolling around.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Well, now that SlaM-icho has returned, maybe the wrestling forums'll pick up a tad bit more! (Doubt it....cuz Vince just seems to keep diggin the grave a foot more shallow as each week passes) But hey....I'll do what I can!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts