Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month or two ago, WWE started a weekly segment called "Stand Up for WWE" that apparently an effort to portray WWE in a positive light. Suspiciously, the segments started just a few weeks away from Linda McMahon's senate election. But I decided to think positively, and as a longtime fan, I guessed there's nothing wrong with standing up for a company that has entertained me for years.

But then, Linda lost the election. And not long after these segments are gone! Not that I particularly enjoyed it (except the one with multi-generations wrestlers), but it really does look strange. It seems like they suddenly aren't really bothered with their image in the media. Now my questions are:

1.Is the campaign still exists?
2.If no, why? If these segments aren't exclusively for Linda's campaign and they genuinely care about their negative image in the media, why did they suddenly stop?

What's your opinion, fellas?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
But then, Linda lost the election. And not long after these segments are gone!
Well, because they were mostly FOR the purpose of having Linda on senate.
Hell, they even brought Vinny Mac in to try promoting the election.

Does the WWE not know that 11 year old kids, CANNOT VOTE?

·
Premium Member
16,993 Posts
Once Linda lost the election, the "media" didn't really have much of a reason to go after the WWE, which is why the whole "Stand up for WWE" thing ended so quickly.

The WWE is more worried about how the media perceives them than the media actually wants to cover anything involving the WWE these days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts