Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,714 Posts
I'm really surprised how quickly and how hard they are pushing Stark. There are woman with bigger name value who were signed long before her that we don't even see and here she is beating a legitimate star in Toni Storm to kick off the Wrestlemania festivities. Good for her.

Reactions: toontownman

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'm really surprised how quickly and how hard they are pushing Stark. There are woman with bigger name value who were signed long before her that we don't even see and here she is beating a legitimate star in Toni Storm to kick off the Wrestlemania festivities. Good for her.
As impressed as I have been by Stark I think no matter how good she ends up in NXT she has a low ceiling on the main roster due to her looks ala Shayna or Ruby. Vince clearly has a some kind of hangup about conventional standards.

·
Registered
27,020 Posts
OK, I like Toni's ass as much the next guy.

But we can we stop looking at her ass long enough to say that she hasn't been that impressive compared to other women in NXT? Hell, even Stark who's been around for like a month is about on par with Storm's performances in NXT. Toni is good. Not great, but good.

And she'll be a serviceable member on the roster whether they keep her in NXT or move her to Raw or SD.

·
25,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But we can we stop looking at her ass long enough to say that she hasn't been that impressive compared to other women in NXT? Hell, even Stark who's been around for like a month is about on par with Storm's performances in NXT. Toni is good. Not great, but good.
Yeah, in terms of her ring work I agree that Toni has not really been that impressive. Most recently you could see this in her match against Io. Toni doesn't have much in terms of athleticism and is rather slow. I think this along with her also not being a powerhouse or technician makes her not stand out much in the ring and this to me is perhaps the main reason for her weak push in NXT. She is not bad in the ring but in a brand that is so ring work centric and with the level of the competition there is she is just...there.

·
Registered
925 Posts
It was a roll up win, doesn't hurt and logically continues the Stark build with her coming oh so close, this time she sneaks the win. Just wish she retained the natural badass persona, no goofy humble face promos and facials. It doesnt work for me.

Expect this to either continue and turn into a feud on Tuesday or Toni to be moving up. Either way the loss doesn't hurt Toni imo. She is a star and a heel can take a roll up out of the blue.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts