Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27,021 Posts
MOTN for me. Great pace, smartly wrestled, and just brutal. Ciampa looked to be in amazing shape and Walter is just the best man.

So like, is a chop his finisher? I dont watch NXT UK.
He really wins with a variety of moves. He can win with a Chop, a Big Boot, a Lariat, a Powerbomb, a top rope Splash, etc.

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
WALTER would be a star in any era. He’s just got such an aura to him.

All the matches tonight were great. But this might have been my favorite.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,962 Posts
THE REIGN CONTINUES.

Seriously though that was tremendous. Ciampa looked better than he has in a long time just beating the hell out of Walter as much as he could, and Walter was his always awesome big aggressive brute self. We got some awesome near falls, some great selling by Ciampa, and a great finish I didn't expect. I love that Walter can win with a variety of moves.

My favorite match of the night.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
WALTER is such a unique performer. He's like a brute from the 1920s. There's always a real sense of danger in his matches.

Anyways, it made me laugh that, during the USA Network commercial break (I was watching on the WWE Network in Canada), rather than slow down and go into a rest-hold, Ciampa just ran the ropes hitting clotheslines countless times.

Very enjoyable match.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
5,074 Posts
Gut zu sehen, dass Walter noch das letzte aus dem Kampf rausgeholt hat. Selbstverständlich hatte Ciampa keine Chance zu gewinnen.

How long are they gonna have him in the states? You can definitely do that even if Balor loses tomorrow.
Das ist die große Frage. Mich wundert, dass sie ihn überhaupt dazu gebracht haben in die Staaten zu kommen. :)

·
Registered
5,115 Posts

Walter defeated Tommaso Ciampa
Match time 17:04

Please use this thread to discuss the match result​
This is WWE’s future. A heel champion atop Raw or Smackdown for years and years, just like WALTER is. And don’t tell me that they’re building up someone to beat him. Whoever does eventually beat WALTER in year three or four or five of his reign will just be a 30 day transitional champion until the next long term heel champion arises.

This is WWE championship booking when Levesque has full control. Like the AWA or JCP of the 1980s, forever building beat.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Great great match and I haven't seen a title match with WALTER I haven't liked. Totally stiff and brutal and great psychology with the hand. WALTER really excels at that and I love that you don't know where the finish is going to come with him.

I don't think it quite topples Kushida v Dunne for MOTN but fuck it both great matches and great night for NXT.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Walter stole the show again and it's him vs Rampage Brown tonight on NXT UK for the title! Hoping another successful defence but I now have a horrible feeling that they will play on the hand injury and back to back defences to crown a new champion.

Walter NXT UK booking is how Reigns 'head of table' and Lesnar post return should of been built, in that every match feels special, rarely has cheating but is always hard hitting without being a squash.

·
Registered
27,021 Posts
Walter stole the show again and it's him vs Rampage Brown tonight on NXT UK for the title! Hoping another successful defence but I now have a horrible feeling that they will play on the hand injury and back to back defences to crown a new champion.

Walter NXT UK booking is how Reigns 'head of table' and Lesnar post return should of been built, in that every match feels special, rarely has cheating but is always hard hitting without being a squash.
I mean I hope Rampage isn't the guy to beat Walter. And nothing against Rampage, I'd just rather see it being Dragunov or Bate. But if he does lose here, that might signal him coming to main NXT full time. Walter did kind of talk about that when talking to Joe on the pre show last night.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts