Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
53,595 Posts
The right decision. Now, it's time for Rhea to take her rightful spot as Champion.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
5,112 Posts
Raquel sold to match, but nevertheless: good match and Raquel deserves being champion.

·
Registered
827 Posts
The wrong person won, the best athlete in the world lost to female Great Khali. Gonzales is raw but will be good with more experience. Io Shari puts on a show in every match but now is stranded.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Pretty good match and good performance by both. Fuck me you couldn't get a more damaging looking finisher on Io to end it.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
Weakest singles match of the night, but still good. Gonzalez needs to spend the next year on NXT to hone her craft, she's raw but has potential. Io on her way to Raw to form Kabuki Warriors 2.0 with Asuka.

·
Registered
27,109 Posts
I could see Io getting called up fairly soon (Kabuki Warriors 2.0 incoming), but I hope we do get an eventual rematch with Io vs. Raquel.

I really liked the match last night, but I think these women could do even better when not on a time crunch.

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
8,722 Posts
This is a huge mistake and I think Raquel is going to be exposed soon after people realize how green she is.
They have plenty of great workers who will make her look great and bump for her. It is called NXT ya know. You should be pushing younger talent and putting belts on them and letting them sink or swim. Not every champ has to be a 20 year vet whos worked in NJPW or STARDOM.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
They have plenty of great workers who will make her look great and bump for her. It is called NXT ya know. You should be pushing younger talent and putting belts on them and letting them sink or swim. Not every champ has to be a 20 year vet whos worked in NJPW or STARDOM.
Indeed, they just need to be smart enough to do a Goldberg with her. Short impactful matches where she ragdolls people around with power moves. No longer than 10 minutes.

·
Registered
12,862 Posts
It took Shirai quite a while to adapt to US style but her title run ended up being fun.

Gonzalez is green and looks like she will at any minute trip over her own feet but she has played her part in the two big matches with Ripley and Shirai so got to give her some credit.

Both Shirai and Gonzalez are same age though, 30

·
Registered
27,109 Posts
I understand Raquel may not be the most polished performer ever but I've now seen her in the ring with Io, Stark, Ember, Rhea, Shotzi, etc. and she more often than not delivers. She has her style as the big woman of the match and I think she works it well. So I think she will make for a fine NXT Champion.

·
Registered
Smile :)
14,533 Posts
I was impressed by Raquel.

Io on the other hand is one of the best workers I've seen in years, god, she's special. The way she makes every move look so effortless.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts