Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the current roster, what stables would you like to see that would entertain you?

The Rambos (AKA the Black Shield)

Members: Kofi Kingston, Big E, R Truth
Managed by: Armando Alejandro Estrada
Gimmick: These 3 men are essentially the black version of The Shield, but with Armando as a mouthpiece. They dress as African commando guys, wearing sun glasses and attire similar to the shield, but camo-themed. Armando has his cigars as usual as well. The Rambos come to the ring in a hummer or jeep, with bullet holes and other suggested badassy-ness that makes these guys even more intimidating than the Shield. A key gimmick of theirs is that they frequently use tranquilizers to eliminate obstacles to their targets, so even the largest of numbers cannot stand up to The Rambos!

The Swagger Jacks

Members: The Real Americans
Gimmick: The Real Americans have given up in their pursuit of preaching American values, and have decided to "join the rest of us" and steal from whoever they'd like. In the process, they develop a white gangster look and start talking like it too. They rename themselves the "Swagger Jacks" because their new favorite pastime is swagger jacking other superstars and entities backstage, then yelling "WE JUST SWAGGA' JACKED Y'ALL!" after doing so. They eventually "swagga' jack" the tag team titles. Zeb is an absolute riot in this gimmick, as a famous chase scene backstage between him and Dolph Ziggler follows the inception of this comical stable. :damn

What are some of your ideas?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Del Rio, Ricardo, Hunico, Rosa Mendes & the Los Matadores. Give them a Latin American heel no shit taking clique gimmick & you're sorted. All of them appear to be going nowhere at the moment, so at least this would give them a focus & an identity.

·
Registered
11,143 Posts
"Pretty Boys" -- TWEENER or "twink" :D stable

B.Maddox
D.Young
D.Otunga or T.Breeze
Fandango
J.Gabriel

I could've added others (Rhodes, McIntyre, Orton) but I felt those guys were above a group like this (yes, even McIntyre [HATERS!]), plus I wanted to keep it to 5 men.

- They would do ANYTHING possible not to get hit in the face (wherever they are...matches, bathroom, locker room, etc.)

- Their "metro meter" would be on maximum... almost tipping over to homosexual tendencies. Perhaps one member could be picked on for being too flamboyant (not D.Young.. that's a bit on the nose), but he would always deny it and act like the others were crazy (it could be super hilarious, if done right)

- They'd always want to hang out with the divas, but not to hit on them, but rather talk about shopping, fashion, celebs, gossip, etc.

- They'd all arrive in a limo (pink..c'mon)

Can't think of anything else right now...

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
John Cena as the corporate champion in a Hollywood Hogan type gimmick
Triple H as the company owner/authority figure
The Shield as tag team/mid card working up to the top tier
Wade Barrett as an enforcer but built up as a serious enforcer

As a five man stable but occasionally six if Triple H ever wrestled they could seriously be the ultimate heel stable in WWE history and if used against CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler who would be the top baby faces it could really be money if it established the baby faces as genuine stars. You could even have the heel stable go over The Rock if he returned to get them serious heat.

·
Registered
11,143 Posts
John Cena as the corporate champion in a Hollywood Hogan type gimmick
Triple H as the company owner/authority figure
The Shield as tag team/mid card working up to the top tier
Wade Barrett as an enforcer but built up as a serious enforcer

As a five man stable but occasionally six if Triple H ever wrestled they could seriously be the ultimate heel stable in WWE history and if used against CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler who would be the top baby faces it could really be money if it established the baby faces as genuine stars. You could even have the heel stable go over The Rock if he returned to get them serious heat.
Just wanted to say I read your sig. poster before your thread comments...

STING FTW.

And I like your idea, it just seems like someone is missing.

Here's another "power trip" stable idea. (They'd be called "The Establishment" or "The Company")

HHH - Flair
Cena - 1A - new HHH
Orton - 2A
Miz or Del Rio - 1B
Barrett or Sandow - 2B

- All current titles get absorbed into "one" called "The Championship"
- The title belongs to the group -- not one man.
- Each guy (minus HHH) has big matches to defend the title and during the build up that match, that guy is the one who carries the title around, building up to that PPV.
- These guys do whatever it takes to make sure "The Championship" never leaves the group. (NWO domination on meth x 100k)
- Most dominant and hated group in pro. wrestling history
- Breaks ALL the rules and forces everyone else to just take it. (HHH makes sure of this)
- Comes out whenever they want, interrupts matches and segments that have nothing to do with them, just dominated the entire company, to push their agenda (They do it because they can!)

Their adversaries would have to be faces that are JUST AS POWERFUL, but without "actual corporate power", but fan support, etc. Guys like...

D-Bry
Punk
Ziggler
Rhodes
Big E.
Rollins
Reigns

***Ambrose would be a lone wolf (Sting/Stone Cold/Scott Hall persona), but he'd play a big role in the storyline.***

Also, Y2J could make surprise return and side with the faces the entire time until the most opportune time, then turn heel--shifting the power over to the heels. This would be crucial, because it would cause Ambrose to finally "choose" a side and side with the faces as the final push they need to win the war with "The Establishment" or "The Company".

·
Eating Doritos In My Mom's Basement. A Crawl Space
1,398 Posts
Given the current roster, what stables would you like to see that would entertain you?

The Rambos (AKA the Black Shield)

Members: Kofi Kingston, Big E, R Truth
Managed by: Armando Alejandro Estrada
Gimmick: These 3 men are essentially the black version of The Shield, but with Armando as a mouthpiece. They dress as African commando guys, wearing sun glasses and attire similar to the shield, but camo-themed. Armando has his cigars as usual as well. The Rambos come to the ring in a hummer or jeep, with bullet holes and other suggested badassy-ness that makes these guys even more intimidating than the Shield. A key gimmick of theirs is that they frequently use tranquilizers to eliminate obstacles to their targets, so even the largest of numbers cannot stand up to The Rambos!

The Swagger Jacks

Members: The Real Americans
Gimmick: The Real Americans have given up in their pursuit of preaching American values, and have decided to "join the rest of us" and steal from whoever they'd like. In the process, they develop a white gangster look and start talking like it too. They rename themselves the "Swagger Jacks" because their new favorite pastime is swagger jacking other superstars and entities backstage, then yelling "WE JUST SWAGGA' JACKED Y'ALL!" after doing so. They eventually "swagga' jack" the tag team titles. Zeb is an absolute riot in this gimmick, as a famous chase scene backstage between him and Dolph Ziggler follows the inception of this comical stable.
:damn

What are some of your ideas?
My signature is only a joke. It would be a terrible gimmick.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well, since it looks like ADR might join The Authority, there's only one thing for Ricardo to do.

Lead the PSYCHO CIRCUS (name inspiration from KISS, of course).

PSYCHO CIRCUS would be an updated, edgier version of The Ascension, with Ricardo, Conor O'Brian, Paige, Sami Zayn, Xavier Woods, Drew McIntyre (getting back in touch with his Chosen One roots, though on a darker scale), and if she eventually comes to the 'E, Buggy Nova. Call it a modern-day Raven's Flock, if you will.

They would be tweeners, and something like this would not surprise folks who recall Ricardo's role in the original Ascension, but would absolutely SHOCK the casual viewer. They would start small, and then would move up, eventually calling out The Authority. Ricardo could say, "Remember when you tried to get me to go back to Del Rio? And do you remember my answer?"

Fun stuff, but you be the judge.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
The Authority: (A hybrid of Corporation and Evolution)

John Cena as The Champion/HHH's role
Triple H in Ric Flair's role
Antonio Cesaro as The Enforcer
Seth Rollins as The Future
Billy Gunn and Dogg as The Stooges

Babyfaces:
Daniel Bryan
Cody Rhodes
Roman Reigns
Dolph Ziggler

Tweeners:
CM Punk
Dean Ambrose

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I like that Rambos idea OP. It would be something funny.

As for stables though, I don't really know if WWE knows how to book a good stable, long term. They have done ok with The Shield but even with them, they have made some mistakes.

I always thought Wade Barrett was a good heel stable leader. The classic idea of him leading a heel British group with William Regal as the veteran, Drew McIntyre as the young guy, and Mason Ryan as the muscle, has always stayed with me. I always felt they could run the World Heavyweight Championship scene on Smackdown.

I've wanted Carlito to also come back for quite a while now, and reunite with his brother Primo, and form a group with their cousin Epico, family friend Hunico, and big Camacho, as the Colon Connection. It would be a good micard heel stable.

I've always wanted The Undertaker to have one last super evil run. Like, him leading another heel ministry like he did in 1999, but today, with guys like Brodus Clay, Heath Slater, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, something like that. Undertaker could be there almost every week, but he would be talking 90% of the time. He wouldn't have to wrestle, so it works.

I also think that Alberto Del Rio should lead a heel stable, but I don't really know with who. The obvious choice is Epico and Primo, but idk.

·
Banned
8,180 Posts
The StarKillers
Dean Ambrose as the Joker

AJ Lee as Harley Quinn

Cody Rhodes (with his face mask) as Two Face

Ryback as Bane

Basically like the Nexus but a group of veterans instead and going after every singles title. Their aim is to injury as many of the big faces as possible, simple as that. Keeping the show on lockdown. All lunatic heels. I would LOVE the interactions. Especially between Ryback and Ambrose, being former enemies.

·
Registered
11,143 Posts
Well, since it looks like ADR might join The Authority, there's only one thing for Ricardo to do.

Lead the PSYCHO CIRCUS (name inspiration from KISS, of course).

PSYCHO CIRCUS would be an updated, edgier version of The Ascension, with Ricardo, Conor O'Brian, Paige, Sami Zayn, Xavier Woods, Drew McIntyre (getting back in touch with his Chosen One roots, though on a darker scale), and if she eventually comes to the 'E, Buggy Nova. Call it a modern-day Raven's Flock, if you will.

They would be tweeners, and something like this would not surprise folks who recall Ricardo's role in the original Ascension, but would absolutely SHOCK the casual viewer. They would start small, and then would move up, eventually calling out The Authority. Ricardo could say, "Remember when you tried to get me to go back to Del Rio? And do you remember my answer?"

Fun stuff, but you be the judge.
So like a modern day "The Oddities"?

·
Registered
50 Posts
United Kingdom (Heels)
Regal: Manager
Barret: WWE/WHW Champion
Sheamus and Mason Ryan: Tag Champions
Drew: Int Champion
Paige: Womens Champion

·
Registered
221 Posts
i really do think they should do a European stable with Sheamus, Wade Barrett, Drew Mcintyre, and bring in Adrian Neville and Oliver Grey and Paige that will be like epic, and do a Latino Stable with Alberto Del Rio, Hunico, Samuray Del Sol, los Matadores, and have Ricardo and Rosa Mendes

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
I'm not gonna ask for a lot, all I want is a Punk/Orton powertrip, not the cowardly type, but true monster heels, destroy everything in their path, & at some point have both of them hold the WWE & WHC, have it go on for a year & then let them split at the RR for a feud at WM31, possibly title unification.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
Del Rio, Ricardo, Hunico, Rosa Mendes & the Los Matadores. Give them a Latin American heel no shit taking clique gimmick & you're sorted. All of them appear to be going nowhere at the moment, so at least this would give them a focus & an identity.
Oh god please no more Rosa Mendes on TV that woman is awful im surprised shes still with the company at this point and is Hunico even employed I mean when was the last time that guy was on TV.

·
Premium Member
15,133 Posts
The New Nation of Domination

Ron Simmons returns and recruits Kofi & R-Truth, who are on a pretty bad losing streak. He tells them it's time to rise up and "fight the power". This leads to David Otunga being brought back as their attorney. Eventually, Big E Langston joins and is the main eventer of the stable and add in Big Zeke as the muscle of the group.

To make it better, the run an angle where Kofi & R-Truth lose the tag team titles. Otunga announces there was a "Civil Rights violation" and they get the belts back. After that, to make sure "the man" doesn't come with any trickery, all NOD matches will be officiated by "the black referee".

So basically:

Faarooq (leader/mouthpiece)
Big E Langston (main eventer)
Kofi & R-Truth (tag team)
Big Zeke (the muscle/bodyguard)
David Otunga (the attorney)
Black referee (black referee)

And there we have The New Nation of Domination.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Right to Censor! Doesn't matter who's in it.

I know people will be like "What's there to even censor?" but that's the point, there currently isn't anything to censor, so that stables gimmick will require WWE to tease edgy stuff. For example, WWE advertises a bikini contest or something, and then that RTC group comes in and stops it before it even starts. Or someone gets busted open,and RTC comes in and prevents anyone from seeing the blood.

So people calling for WWE to do edgy stuff again will see the moments about to happen and get excited, but then RTC comes in and puts a stop to it,making people hate them for it

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
The Franchise
A stable consisting of current and future superstars under the banner of the new Corporation whom they believe are the rightful faces of the WWE under deluded pretenses.

The Executives: HHH and Stephanie
Obviously they come as a merger from (vomit) The Authority.

The Franchise: John Cena [WWE Champion]
Now a heel, this Cena has cracked under the consistent boos and jeering and finally rips loose (possibly destroying Orton in this process), believing himself to be the rightful Face of the Company regardless of what the people think. This creates a paranoid persona who still talks like a cheesy face but actually does very heelish things, believing himself to be justified in any way as the Face of the WWE, but is actually scared to lose his position as the top dog.

Mr. B.A.Star: Ryback [World Heavyweight Champion]
A warped image of the B.A.Star campaign, Ryback is advertised as the Anti-Bully (similar to what is happening now) and is endorsed by not only The Executives, but by Cena himself, who believes Ryback to be the future of the business and justifies Rybacks mistreatment of other superstars as a "Lesson in Hurting Others." Under The Franchise stable, Ryback begins his own personal B.A.Star campaign.

The Agent: Paul Heyman
Now endorsed by The Executives, Heyman's job is to find prospect candidates to be put into the stable and whom he believes are the future of the WWE. He answers directly to HHH and Stephanie, and is Ryback's manager in Ryback's personal B.A.Star campaign, delivering moral speeches after every "deed" Ryback does.

The Foreign Ambassador: Antonio Cesaro [WWE Eurocontinental Champion/WWE Tag Team Champion]
Along with his Real American partner, Jack Swagger and mentor Zeb Coulter, Cesaro is hailed as the next great foreign export and the ideal image of what a foreign WWE Superstar is all about, while upholding "American" values. He gains the Intercontinental Championship from Curtis Axel, after Axel is screwed by Heyman and Ryback, and The Executives immediately call for a Championship match. He crowns his new championship as the Eurocontinental Championship.

The Ideal American: Jack Swagger [WWE United States Champion/WWE Tag Team Champion]
The Executives' warped image of what an American should represent. He takes the championship from Dean Ambrose when The Executives feel like Ambrose does not represent true American Values, leading to Ambrose returning back to his twisted persona. Alongside Cesaro and Coulter, their goal is to, instead of originally kicking out immigrants, they wish to reform the foreign civilians into what they believe is the American Way.

The Modern Classic: Paige [WWE Ladies Champion]
Sexy, Sophisticated, Talented, and one hell of a mean streak. The Executives feel that she is the Modern version of the Classic Diva, as opposed to the Total Divas who they reveal are nothing but a side attraction to lure a female fanbase; a fanbase that will embrace the young, fresh, image of the Ladies Division, Paige. Her debut match was a screwjob of AJ Lee, who is saved by Ryback from an attack, teasing a face turn, but is then Shellshocked, in which Heyman introduces the newest prospect of the WWE's future, The Modern Classic, Paige. The Executives order an immediate match with a broken AJ Lee, whom they feel lacks the poise to be a proper champion, and Paige pins her with one foot. She later burns the Divas Championship and unveils a more classy title. She usually accompanies Ryback and the Real Americans.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts