Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the recent release of KaVal and MVP, I was wondering about WWE's other squandered talents of the past few years.

Imo, Matt Morgan is one of the biggest talents to go wasted at the WWE. You give a 7 foot monster a speech impediment for a gimmick? He could have been WWE's next Lesnar, but completely and constantly dropped the ball with this guy.

What other squandered talents are you particularly irked that never made it big in the WWE?

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Kaval is probably the biggest waste. They obviously saw potential in him by making him the winner of NXT season 2. Then they realese him right before Christmas? Whatever the circumstances are on his release, WWE dropped the ball big time here. They would rather shove no-talents down our throats.

"FUCK THIS COMPANY!!!!!!"

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
The big new one is Alex Riley. He's better than Miz and could be doing a lot more than protecting Miz from jobbing by taking the bullet for him. Some people think he'll make it but I'm not convinced.

Christian goes without saying, Regal as well.

Some people might disagree, but I think CM Punk is squandered.....to a degree. He's obviously thought well of, don't get me wrong. He "made it" in WWE, so to speak, and right now he's fueding with John Cena, but he bites the shit sandwich a little TOO often. They'd be better served to treat CM Punk like Sheamus and not like Chris Jericho. It really seems like Vince thinks it's difficult to push Punk the way he should be pushed unless there's a drug issue.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,567 Posts
With the recent release of KaVal and MVP, I was wondering about WWE's other squandered talents of the past few years.

Imo, Matt Morgan is one of the biggest talents to go wasted at the WWE. You give a 7 foot monster a speech impediment for a gimmick? He could have been WWE's next Lesnar, but completely and constantly dropped the ball with this guy.

What other squandered talents are you particularly irked that never made it big in the WWE?
Matt Morgan wasn't ready back then... hell, he wasn't even ready for it last year. He's improved by leaps and bounds just in the last year and even though I think he's still a few rungs away from being Championship material, there's no doubt he'll get there soon. Especially considering he's working for TNA.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
The first name that jumps to mind obviously is Christian, but he's still employed and is at least fairly relevant when active, so I won't say he's been "squandered" nearly as much as he's been "mishandled."

With that in mind, my vote goes to Shelton Benjamin. If Vince still believed in managers, a mouthpiece was all Shelton needed to be a major main event star. Can you imagine a situation where, just as an example, JBL is doing all the talking while Shelton is doing all the wrestling? Tell me that's not a recipe for success. WWE has squandered plenty of talented guys recently, but none of them could have been as easily pushed through such a simple logistical decision like this as Shelton.

·
#WWELogic
3,929 Posts
Anther name in a LONG list of talent the WWE "had no plans for"

Released
Matt Morgan
Carlito
Hass (Twice)
Shelton (Twice)
London
Kendrick
Archer
MVP
Kaval
Daniles (more then a month)
RVD (Sorry he just got high while Reily was DUI)
Christian (Sure he's back now but back to what?)
Chris Harris (I know BW was horrible but how long did that last?)
Gail Kim (Again she's back...back to what?)
Victoria
Serina
Like Gallows
Kennedy (BIG MISTAKE)
Molly Holly

Active 2010 WWE Roster
Khail
Hornswaggle
Otunga
Harris
Henery
Santino
Kozlov
Reiley
Slater
Swagger Soaring Eagle
Bella Twins

One of these things is NOT like the other. *Hint* it has to do with talent or the lack there of.

Stay Frosty

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
It was a mistake to release Kennedy, but he wasn't squandered. There's just no way. It just didn't work out. You can't call a guy squandered who WWE tried to put in the WrestleMania main event (which was the ultimate goal when he was scheduled to be Vince McMahon's son).

·
Registered
65 Posts
happy someone said shelton benji,cause i swear he was greatness,hell his two promo's on r-truth and yosi was great i was a fan then next thing you know,they took the sticc outta his hands,i swear i don't get it,and hell drew's ol lady was more interesting them him, kaval as a hell would have been great,fueding with rey,having great matches with bryan,and matches with evan bourne (by the way where has he been), mvp was such a crossover star,and they didn't use him right,i mean damn why not just ride the mike vicc thing? especially as a champ he could have did the talk show circuit spoke to teens,hell he would have made a better spokesman then t.i.!!, i mean why not start a new all blacc fashion especially with obama in office!!! oh yeah vince hates democrats haha yell

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think the biggest squandered talents in terms of main event potential were:
Kennedy (although his wrestling was a little weak at times)
MVP
Elijah Burke
& Carlito (although that was drug related)

Every one of those guys screamed main event from their first year on the main roster. Maybe injuries & attitudes contributed to the lack of utilization, but I still can't believe they blew it with all those guys.

Christian as well although he's in the E now and by the gods maybe it might happen.

I think Matt Hardy was also squandered post return and post MVP feud, I don't think he would've been a major, permenent main eventer, but a solid upper mid card guy you could plug into main events as needed like Kane or Jericho.

Mid card squandered guys where many those that come to mind are:

London
Kendrick
Dykstra
Burchill
Albright
Shelton
Haas
Mike Knox
The list could go on forever believe me

Oi.

·
Registered
65 Posts
good list except for fatt hardy,i always hated that guy just wasn't good to me,but mike knox was awesome to me,that finisher was knot!,and he had that look that sorta recalled brody yell

·
Registered
379 Posts
I think the biggest squandered talents in terms of main event potential were:
Kennedy (although his wrestling was a little weak at times)
MVP
Elijah Burke
& Carlito (although that was drug related)

Every one of those guys screamed main event from their first year on the main roster. Maybe injuries & attitudes contributed to the lack of utilization, but I still can't believe they blew it with all those guys.

Christian as well although he's in the E now and by the gods maybe it might happen.

I think Matt Hardy was also squandered post return and post MVP feud, I don't think he would've been a major, permenent main eventer, but a solid upper mid card guy you could plug into main events as needed like Kane or Jericho.

Mid card squandered guys where many those that come to mind are:

London
Kendrick
Dykstra
Burchill
Albright
Shelton
Haas
Mike Knox
The list could go on forever believe me

Oi.
Please tell me you weren't serious when you just put Matt Hardy and Chris Jericho on the same level.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Please tell me you weren't serious when you just put Matt Hardy and Chris Jericho on the same level.
Well of course, not ring or talent wise. Jericho surpasses him in all areas. What I meant was more place on the card, Jericho can go in the main event and then go down the card and build people up. Always thought that'd be a good place for Hardy, because he was over as all hell. Mind you I'm saying Matt circa 05-08. Not today. That is shit is depressing

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was just watching some Sean O'Haire clips earlier today. That guy could have been dangerous, and his gimmick was pretty unique at the time too.

·
Banned
286 Posts
Mr. Kennedy is the only one who was fired for a bullshit reason.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
With that in mind, my vote goes to Shelton Benjamin. If Vince still believed in managers, a mouthpiece was all Shelton needed to be a major main event star. Can you imagine a situation where, just as an example, JBL is doing all the talking while Shelton is doing all the wrestling? Tell me that's not a recipe for success. WWE has squandered plenty of talented guys recently, but none of them could have been as easily pushed through such a simple logistical decision like this as Shelton.
Shelton is the person who was released over the past year that pissed me off the most.

I don't even think he needed a manager to do his talking. He just needed to be around a creative team that had the slightest idea what the fuck to do with him!

He had so many start and stop pushes, it was ridiculous!

It made no sense to push him, then put him back with Charlie and do nothing with them over and over.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
In the past couple years or so, I'd say Elijah Burke, Mike Knox, Luke Gallows, Paul and Katie Lea Burchill and Jimmy Wang Yang. And some guy named Kaval.

Guys like Shelton Benjamin and Matt Hardy just didn't work out/were all used up/had been given their turns at "tries" at getting somewhere; Kennedy is a special case where it literally just never worked out; The Brian Kendrick knowingly sabotaged himself; ditto Carlito, who was constantly bitching and wanting out of the company basically since early 2006 or something; MVP--who's getting up there and was at least treated as a prominent midcarder, despite his "enhancement" role in the last stretch of his career--asked for his release.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts