Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Exactly it's pro wrestling not a NFL or NBA Combine
Sure in real sports, but this is pro wrestling. Athleticism isn't the end all be all.
if it requires the same amount of Athleticism
then the same rules apply
and PRO wrestling certainly requires physicality more than some "legitimate" sports out there

The majority of actual stars in wrestling aren't what hardcore fans typically consider great in-ring
put them in the ring against a woman from the same level and see how it goes
then you will see how important the physical requirement is

do you think i would hate it to see a woman beat the shit out of a man ?
i would love to watch it if you can find a woman who can overpower a man with the same amount of training and stature
but there isn't, we can't beat nature

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
and no they are not a bigger draw than the top men in WWE or anywhere else
just because they have a bunch of broke ass horny teenagers on twitter following them
won't make it translate to ticket sales (excuse the honesty here)
Pretty much every time the WWE have pushed women on top they have outdrawm their male counterparts.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Fact is the biggest stars to emerge in US pro wrestling since the end of Cena era are Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose (Moxley), Charlotte, Becky, Sasha and Bayley.

·
Registered
26,116 Posts
if it requires the same amount of Athleticism
then the same rules apply
and PRO wrestling certainly requires physicality more than some "legitimate" sports out there

put them in the ring against a woman from the same level and see how it goes
then you will see how important the physical requirement is

do you think i would hate it to see a woman beat the shit out of a man ?
i would love to watch it if you can find a woman who can overpower a man with the same amount of training and stature
but there isn't, we can't beat nature
This is pro wrestling, if you were talking a legitimate sport like Basketball you'd have a point. But you're not, so you don't. This is like being upset Black Widow beat up Hawkeye

·
Registered
706 Posts
Pretty much every time the WWE have pushed women on top they have outdrawm their male counterparts.
Fact is the biggest stars to emerge in US pro wrestling since the end of Cena era are Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose (Moxley), Charlotte, Becky, Sasha and Bayley.
so you're saying if we made 2 separate PPVs

one for women only (the top in the business)
and
one for men only (the top in the business)

the women's PPV will have a higher buyrate now ?

·
Registered
706 Posts
This is pro wrestling, if you were talking a legitimate sport like Basketball you'd have a point. But you're not, so you don't. This is like being upset Black Widow beat up Hawkeye
i would be super upset if Black Widow beat up Hawkeye
this flexible bitch better stay away from Hawkeye

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
saying "it sounds like" is not good enough
point to me where exactly did i say this
Ok

if the women in the list are not as good as the men in the ring
then they shouldn't be in the same list
these were your words. When I asked if you were pissed that db and AJ werent on the list since theyre obvs the best on raw and smackdown you avoided the question. I got it you hold women to a diff standard. Same thing you're accusing others of doing .

·
Registered
706 Posts
Ok

these were your words. When I asked if you were pissed that db and AJ werent on the list since theyre obvs the best on raw and smackdown you avoided the question. I got it you hold women to a diff standard. Same thing you're accusing others of doing .
maybe you should read my post again
i'm talking about the women
why are you reading something that doesn't exist

A.J. Styles and Daniel Bryan are two of the best wrestlers on the planet
are you saying they are in the same level as the women ?

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
maybe you should read my post again
i'm talking about the women
why are you reading something that doesn't exist

A.J. Styles and Daniel Bryan are two of the best wrestlers on the planet
are you saying they are in the same level as the women ?
Im saying that they're better than anybody from wwe on that list. Didnt you say that in order for a woman to be on that list that she has to be the best wrestler currently wrestling? If thats the case why is that a requirement for the women when the men on that list dont have the same requirement?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Im saying that they're better than anybody from wwe on that list. Didnt you say that in order for a woman to be on that list that she has to be the best wrestler currently wrestling? If thats the case why is that a requirement for the women when the men on that list dont have the same requirement?
it's not double standards
i look at wrestling as, wrestling first and show business next
not the other way around
don't you think i can find countless men who had much better matches than all the women in the list ?

you're just avoiding discussing the wrestling aspect because you know that women wrestling (in ring) will lose this comparison

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Well he spent most of the year not around as he left in March.

I'd have put Cody instead of Eddie, but I guess his major break out is what won him the spot
I can see that Eddie did have a huge breakout, for his track record. He had a good couple of matches and exceeded expectations against Cody. I just feel that it was obvious how sloppy he was in promos and matches, especially against Moxley and with this awkward family feud. I'm sure he can be better, but I feel that he's one of those that needs a degree of scripting to get his full potential.

On reflection of 2020 as a whole, it wasn't a great year in wrestling. With that said, what we got far exceeded what was predicted once the world shut down. For a rubbish Wrestlemania, we got many good treats from AEW and WWE later.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
it's not double standards
i look at wrestling as, wrestling first and show business next
not the other way around
don't you think i can find countless men who had much better matches than all the women in the list ?

you're just avoiding discussing the wrestling aspect because you know that women wrestling (in ring) will lose this comparison
I could say the same thing about the men on the list. Yet you're only singling in on the women. I wonder why.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I could say the same thing about the men on the list. Yet you're only singling in on the women. I wonder why.
i love that you desperately trying to make it a double standards thing
because you know you can't argue the wrestling aspect
the women in the list weren't better wrestlers last year than the men in the list
OR the men who weren't on the list

if you know other men you want on the list, that's fine
i'm sure they were a lot better (in ring) than the women in the list

female wrestlers were always compared to other female wrestlers
why now this idiot of a journalist want to compare them with men ?
other than to capitalize on the SJW bullshit going on

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
i love that you desperately trying to make it a double standards thing
because you know you can't argue the wrestling aspect
the women in the list weren't better wrestlers last year than the men in the list
OR the men who weren't on the list

if you know other men you want on the list, that's fine
i'm sure they were a lot better (in ring) than the women in the list

female wrestlers were always compared to other female wrestlers
why now this idiot of a journalist want to compare them with men ?
other than to capitalize on the SJW bullshit going on
Im not doing anything. Im just calling you out for the double standard that you used. In 2020 the hiac match that they had stands up to anybody male or female, on or off the list. If we're even using that reasoning, they've both proven they belonged.

The fact is women arent given the attention or time in the ring that men are given, so yes the majority if not all of the best matches most years will be males. Whether or not it would be different on a level playing field is up for debate, but the fact that the playing field clearly isnt level is at the very least a factor to consider.

More reasons to rank woman with men then being politically correct.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Im not doing anything. Im just calling you out for the double standard that you used. In 2020 the hiac match that they had stands up to anybody male or female, on or off the list. If we're even using that reasoning, they've both proven they belonged.

The fact is women arent given the attention or time in the ring that men are given, so yes the majority if not all of the best matches most years will be males. Whether or not it would be different on a level playing field is up for debate, but the fact that the playing field clearly isnt level is at the very least a factor to consider.

More reasons to rank woman with men then being politically correct.
then there is really no point in arguing if you think that the best women matches last year are anywhere close to the best men matches.
if we made a poll about this question, what do you think the result would be ?
just a simple poll with a simple question
are the best women matches as good as the best men's ?

plus you keep comparing them to the men in WWE
as if WWE has the best Male wrestlers in the planet last year
if you said you're comparing them because they're in the same company
well.....the list have wrestlers from different companies

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
then there is really no point in arguing if you think that the best women matches last year are anywhere close to the best men matches.
if we made a poll about this question, what do you think the result would be ?
just a simple poll with a simple question
are the best women matches as good as the best men's ?

plus you keep comparing them to the men in WWE
as if WWE has the best Male wrestlers in the planet last year
if you said you're comparing them because they're in the same company
well.....the list have wrestlers from different companies
I said what I said. Look at most of the lists online for match of the year in wrestling for 2020 and its in the top 10. Cant dismiss evey list that does so due to sjw reasons.

If you phrase the question that way, its obvious the answer you'd get which is why you phrase it that way.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I said what I said. Look at most of the lists online for match of the year in wrestling for 2020 and its in the top 10. Cant dismiss evey list that does so due to sjw reasons.

If you phrase the question that way, its obvious the answer you'd get which is why you phrase it that way.
at the end of the day, everyone has their own preferences
i'm sure i like some things that other people consider stupid
and wrestling as a whole is dying anyway

141 - 158 of 158 Posts