3. Drew McIntyre
4. Tetsuya Naito
5. Kenny Omega
6. Bailey
7. Io Shirai
8. Kota iBushi
9. Roman Reigns
10. Eddie Kingston

I didn't think Omega had that great a year to be honest. And while a lot of us were annoyed by Cody, he should have made the list in my opinion along with Randy Orton and AJ Styles. I don't think they should have put Japanese wrestlers in there. Because this list was essentialy made for an occidental audience and most people are not privy to Japanese wrestling so you may as well put names of your favorite cartoon characters in there and it would not make a difference.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Sasha Banks is the top PRO wrestler on the planet in 2020 ?
no disrespect to her or her fans, but this is a laughable choice
especially because the list contains MALE PRO wrestlers
i don't care what company is involved (AEW or WWE)
women wrestling is not at the same level, not even remotely close
i would accept this choice if they made separate lists for men and women

·
Registered
12,966 Posts
It’s just a list put together by some fan/commentator. It’s trivial and makes the vaguest bit of kayfabe sense if you look at it.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
12,872 Posts
I wouldn’t put Sasha Banks over McIntyre, Moxley, or Omega at all. She has been great but her feud with Bayley was largely botched. I wouldn’t put Eddie Kingston on the list either even though he had a dope feud with Mox. Orton should definitely take his spot and maybe even be higher on the list but I don’t really watch NJPW so I can’t really say. These lists are all subjective anyway.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Sasha Banks is the top PRO wrestler on the planet in 2020 ?
no disrespect to her or her fans, but this is a laughable choice
especially because the list contains MALE PRO wrestlers
i don't care what company is involved (AEW or WWE)
women wrestling is not at the same level, not even remotely close
i would accept this choice if they made separate lists for men and women
Completely agree.

I stopped watching wrestling when bra n panties matches were still a thing lol.I come back and the WWE had some pseudo revolution to where mediocre to good female wrestlers are being compared to actual elite Male counterparts......its laughable.

Yes womans wrestling has come a long way but let's not pretend the WNBA is equal to the NBA when 99% of the woman can't even dunk and would be lucky to be on the men's practice squad.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I actually have no problem with Sasha being No. 1. In my opinion, she was the best thing about the WWE all year.

The Top 10 seem pretty legit, although I agree Cody and Orton should be on the list somewhere.

·
NBA
5,323 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Completely agree.

I stopped watching wrestling when bra n panties matches were still a thing lol.I come back and the WWE had some pseudo revolution to where mediocre to good female wrestlers are being compared to actual elite Male counterparts......its laughable.

Yes womans wrestling has come a long way but let's not pretend the WNBA is equal to the NBA when 99% of the woman can't even dunk and would be lucky to be on the men's practice squad.
WNBA players are not playing in NBA whereas women are wrestling at same time as men so comparison doesn't make sense.

I wouldn't have Sasha number one (that's Reigns) but Sasha still was involved in top feud on most watched pro wrestling show on Earth for months. Sasha vs Bayley was most watched pro wrestling match on TV of the Covid era until Reigns and Owens which had NFL lead whereas women's match had nothing.

Sasha is more popular than all but a handful of male pro wrestlers right now, that's an undeniable fact. If there was an equivalent wnba player who was more popular than every NBA players not named Lebron, Curry then we could compare.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
WNBA players are not playing in NBA whereas women are wrestling at same time as men so comparison doesn't make sense.

I wouldn't have Sasha number one (that's Reigns) but Sasha still was involved in top feud on most watched pro wrestling show on Earth for months. Sasha vs Bayley was most watched pro wrestling match on TV of the Covid era until Reigns and Owens which had NFL lead whereas women's match had nothing.

Sasha is more popular than all but a handful of male pro wrestlers right now, that's an undeniable fact. If there was an equivalent wnba player who was more popular than every NBA players not named Lebron, Curry then we could compare.
Womans skills are not on par with males if woman were allowed in the NBA they'd be blown out of the water by faster,stronger,physically bigger men.....same can be said for the vast majority of sports.

Wrestling isn't an actual competitive sport so there isn't a need to separate the men and woman into separate leagues,but the skill levels are obviously different.WWE can masquerade its revolution or whatever but the best woman aren't on the level of the best men performers.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
What the fuck has Cody done this year to deserve Top 10 status? Booking yourself in 25 minutes of television time does not make you Top 10 worthy.

Reactions: BigCy

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
What the fuck has Cody done this year to deserve Top 10 status? Booking yourself in 25 minutes of television time does not make you Top 10 worthy.
Even you could see Cody had some great matches and moments this year.

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Registered
5,406 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bro, yes he annoyed the Hell out of us this year cause he was overbearing but there were tons of quality matches and he was heavily featured on the second biggest promotion in North America and one of the most proheminent names of pro wrestling. Look at it objectively for one second.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Bro, yes he annoyed the Hell out of us this year cause he was overbearing but there were tons of quality matches and he was heavily featured on the second biggest promotion in North America and one of the most proheminent names of pro wrestling. Watch it objectively for one second.
He was featured prominently with 25+ minutes of air time weekly when the shows were scratching and clawing to do 700k viewers for months on end.

Is that really something to brag about..?

1 - 20 of 158 Posts