1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
581 Posts
Not really convinced about the credentials of the writer TBH. For instance, the write up for Bruno is just embarrassing and instantly takes away any credibility out of this report. There is no methodology to this piece and hardly any writing of substance. Other than that, the guy so clearly made the Miz entry to solely take the mickey out of him for no reason. Don't think I would ever be recommending this report to anyone.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Ehhh not the best GOAT list I've seen, but hey it's all subjective :draper2

And out of curiosity what Wrestlemania was that "one of the best main events ever" Lesnar/Reigns match on? Wrestlemania 32.5? Because I must have missed it.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Ranking and Terry Funk is 51? Behind Joe, Goldust, KENTA (my current favorite) CM Punk, Lesnar.....

WHAT.

I get it, opinions and all that but jeez.
An argument can be made for some of those guys, but Goldust??? That's just objectively false.

I was about to type a list of Funk's credentials, contributions and accomplishments... but I felt a rant building so I decided against it lmao

Suffice to say Funk is very underrated on this list imo. Glad to see my boy Foley cracked the top 20 though, I feel like he doesn't on most GOAT lists, when he probably should.

·
WF's AKB Fan
5,757 Posts
What a weird put together list, they really need to state what they are ranking wrestlers on, is it wrestling ability, recognizably, overness or accomplishments in wrestling? I don't get it.

I mean Goldust ahead of guys like Chris Benoit, Goldberg or Kevin Nash.

Surprised at some of the names on the list as well that I wasn't expecting, Mike Quackenbush really stands out here.

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
An argument can be made for some of those guys, but Goldust??? That's just objectively false.

I was about to type a list of Funk's credentials, contributions and accomplishments... but I felt a rant building so I decided against it lmao

Suffice to say Funk is very underrated on this list imo. Glad to see my boy Foley cracked the top 20 though, I feel like he doesn't on most GOAT lists, when he probably should.
I guess when it comes to straight accomplishments CM Punk and Lesnar have surpassed him.

Eh I'm a Terry Funk mark, so even my judgment is bias lol

But still pretty off list imo

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
I guess when it comes to straight accomplishments CM Punk and Lesnar have surpassed him.

Eh I'm a Terry Funk mark, so even my judgment is bias lol

But still pretty off list imo
Im with you on being biased, I'd put Funk above both those guys lol the man's The Godfather of Hardcore. Without Funk the modern wrestling style and even more so the style of the nineties would be completely different imo... but that might just be me being a Funk mark as well lol

·
Registered
17,523 Posts
What they did was simple. Came up with a Top 10 then jumbled the rest together and picked them out of a hat.

Sent from my 4009X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
588 Posts
One of the WOATs lists I ever seen. The list is hugely subjective.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The list is based on their skills or popularity ? What's it based on its not clear. If it's based on popularity its only based on USA popularity or All over the World popularity. Without explaining those this is just a list of 101 wrestlers ranked based on Author's interest i believe

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Banned
10,724 Posts
Terry Funk is the true GOAT. If it is based on wrestling.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts