Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some of my faves:

Contador makes the Angirlu look flat - seriously I have to step into the granny gear on climbs that aren't even half as steep and Contador just makes this Vuelta climb look so easy. Watch the vid, it is well worth it just to admire the impeccable climbing abilities of this man. Unfortunately they don't stick climbs this steep in the tour de france because seeing Contador and Schleck pacing one another up a 1 in 5 climb would be a dream come true for most cycling fans.

Ibrahimovic goal for Inter - This man has the touch of Maradonna about him when he is on form - this goal is just unreal.

Federer shot vs Roddick - A return on its own would have been impressive but to actually turn defence into offence in that manner is incredible - as Vince himself would say "UNNNBEEELLIEEVVVABBLLEEEEE"

Bekele's 10,000 world Record - with 24 and a three quarter laps in his legs the little magician runs the last 100 in under eleven seconds. Out of this world!!!!!

Bolt's 100 Metre World Record

I don't know what's more impressive - the run itself or the pace he maintains after the race has finished. In a league os his own and then some. Poor Tyson Gay!!!

Perhaps the most talented man to have ever stopped onto a tennis court:

Pacquio treats Ricky Hatton as his punchbag. You can guarantee Mayweather decided then and then he didn't want any piece of the Pac Man.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
For me there's only one sporting moment that made my jaw drop and it was this...

Let me set the scene... I'm 13 years old, watching my 2nd FIFA World Cup, France had won the last world cup and were seen as legit contenders going into this competition too. They're paired against Senegal in the first game of the competition. Up until the World Cup draw I hadn't even heard of Senegal and it was their first ever step on the world stage (and to date their only FIFA World Cup). So I'm sat in school, it's friday diner time and they put the game on a little television set in one of the maths classroooms. All of the lads who are into sport are all sat around watching this little monitor ready to see the mighty France thrash the minnows Senegal in this opening game, but then the unthinkable happens. In the 30th minute Senegal get a break-away through El-Hadji Diouf who storms down the left hand side before sliding the ball into the middle. In all the confussion between defenders, Senegal's Papa Bouba Diop taps the ball home from one yard....there's a stunned silence and then everybody cheers (everyone loves an underdog). Anyways, 15 minutes later it's half time and we're all sent back to class because dinner time has ended. Whilst in Spanish class I remember being told that the Senegal-France game had ended 1-0, they had done it. These bunch of unknowns from western Africa have managed to over-through the world champions at their very first World Cup game.

(Yeah, I realise you didn't ask for my life story :p )

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For me there's only one sporting moment that made my jaw drop and it was this...

Let me set the scene... I'm 13 years old, watching my 2nd FIFA World Cup, France had won the last world cup and were seen as legit contenders going into this competition too. They're paired against Senegal in the first game of the competition. Up until the World Cup draw I hadn't even heard of Senegal and it was their first ever step on the world stage (and to date their only FIFA World Cup). So I'm sat in school, it's friday diner time and they put the game on a little television set in one of the maths classroooms. All of the lads who are into sport are all sat around watching this little monitor ready to see the mighty France thrash the minnows Senegal in this opening game, but then the unthinkable happens. In the 30th minute Senegal get a break-away through El-Hadji Diouf who storms down the left hand side before sliding the ball into the middle. In all the confussion between defenders, Senegal's Papa Bouba Diop taps the ball home from one yard....there's a stunned silence and then everybody cheers (everyone loves an underdog). Anyways, 15 minutes later it's half time and we're all sent back to class because dinner time has ended. Whilst in Spanish class I remember being told that the Senegal-France game had ended 1-0, they had done it. These bunch of unknowns from western Africa have managed to over-through the world champions at their very first World Cup game.

(Yeah, I realise you didn't ask for my life story :p )
Got to love an underdog pulling through.... France were utter shit in the tournament despite still having some great players and Henry and Zidane on great form going into the competition.

·
40,600 Posts
Pretty much anytime Barry Sanders carried the ball. I won't waste time posting footage though as that vast majority of people that will post here won't know what they're looking at.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
Kentucky beats number one and future national champion LSU Tigers in triple over time.

And of course, Hitlers response.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
Damn, Cambell was a beast wasn't he.

My dad absolutely swears by this guy.

And also, those uniforms are pretty damn cool. I love it when Tennessee brings 'em back.

·
40,600 Posts
Campbell did not fuck around. He ran so hard it shortened his career. I wish I could've seen him play at Texas and Houston for sure.

My favorite is his turn and actually seek out and head butt that Ram defender on his ass.:D

1 - 20 of 75 Posts