Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tapings from 1/17

Impact World Champion Tessa Blanchard came to the ring for a promo about her historic title win at Hard to Kill. Knockouts Champion Taya Valkyrie (with John E. Bravo) interrupts by proclaiming herself the #1 Contender. A brawl erupts.

TJP defeats Johnny Swinger

Fallah Bahh defeats Ethan Page

Taurus defeats Moose and Rhino – Triple Threat Match

Joey Ryan defeats Maximo

Willie Mack defeats Rohit Raju

Taya Valkyrie & Ace Austin defeat Tessa Blanchard & Trey

Hijo del Vikingo defeats Josh Alexander

Jordynne Grace defeats Kiera Hogan and Madison Rayne – Triple Threat Match

The Rascalz(Dez & Wentz) defeat Pagano & Murder Clown

Michael Elgin defeats Eddie Edwards

Daga & Dr. Wagner Jr. defeat Reno Scum(Adam Thornstowe & Luster The Legend). Post-match, oVe (minus Sami Callihan) attack Daga & Wagner.

IMPACT Wrestling TV Taping Results From Mexico (1/18)

* The Rascalz (Wez, Dez & Trey) def. Dinastia, Draztik Boy * Iron Kid

* Madman Fulton def. Daga

* Moose def. Taurus

- Rhino hit Moose with the Gore after the match.

* Tessa Blanchard def. Adam Thornstowe in an open challenge.

- Ace Austin and Luster the Legend attacked Tessa after the match. Tommy Dreamer made the save.

* Rosemary vs. Su Yung ended in a no contest.

* TJP def. El Hijo del Vikingo

- The North attacked El Hijo de Vikingo after the match. TJP and Fallah Bahh made the save.

* Michael Elgin def. Eddie Edwards

* Rhino vs. Taurus ended in a no contest when Moose interfered.

* Rob Van Dam def. Joey Ryan

* The Desi Hit Squad (Rah Singh & Mahabali Shera) def. Willie Mack & Johnny Swinger

* Pagano def. Luster the Legend

* IMPACT Knockouts Championship: Jordynne Grace def. Taya Valkyrie (c) to win the title.

* Street Fight: Ace Austin def. Tommy Dreamer

* Dr. Wagner & Daga def. oVe (Dave & Jake Crist)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where are the tapings ?
In Mexico, and this set of tapings honestly don’t sound all that great from the spoilers.

I really hope that they aren’t planning a Tessa vs Taya match from the World title based on how Taya confronted Tessa proclaiming herself the number one contender. It’s one thing to give the belt to Tessa for short term, but if she’s defending it against women now too it’s not even a men’s World title. That is why there is a Knockouts championship.

I was all in for her winning the title for short term, but if they don’t book things correctly with her they will only damage the company in the process.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Sadly even though they use cool Mexican wrestlers. mexican tapings are throw aways because they cant tape feuds. They need a more exclusive deal in mexico to bring them to the states.

Mexico tapings is one of my fava though

·
Southern Pride
2,807 Posts
Not only does Taya drop the belt on a taped show after a long reign but to Jordyne Grace. Meh. I guess that since Tessa is now the World Champion they felt like it was time to change things up immediately in the Womens Division.

I'll withhold judgement on the other matches until they air on TV.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not only does Taya drop the belt on a taped show after a long reign but to Jordyne Grace. Meh. I guess that since Tessa is now the World Champion they felt like it was time to change things up immediately in the Womens Division.

I'll withhold judgement on the other matches until they air on TV.
What concerns me now is that we will have Tessa vs. Taya for the men’s World Championship.

·
Registered
176 Posts
They really need to stop running these shows in Mexico. As someone previously mentioned these are throw away episodes and they often come across as exhibition style matches on TV. Plus they no longer have wrestlers who draw money in Mexico and are familiar to that audience Johnny Impact, Killer Kross, Brian Cage (missing), LAX, Lucha Bros etc I have a feeling this is going to be a crowd of less than 200 people at these tapings unfortunately

·
Intoner
6,491 Posts
I saw comments they had over 1000 people at these tapings. I do not know if it's true, but we'll see in couple of hors so who cares.

Complaint about title change on taped show is stupid since all of their shows are taped.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts