Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see the spoilers anywhere.

Source: PWTorch.com
Note: Josh will provide more detailed results from the first WWE TV taping at Full Sail following the taping. The following are highlights of the taping...

Dark Match: Xavier Woods (formerly Consequences Creed in TNA) beat Dean Ambrose. Ambrose was very popular.

Triple H came out and cut a promo. Hunter thanked Full Sail for use of their facilities and said the first episode will air in more than 60 countries. (No date was given.)

EPISODE #1 TAPING

Jim Ross and William Regal were introduced on commentary. JR introduced the new GM of NXT, Dusty Rhodes.

(1) Bo Dallas (Rotundo) beat Rick Victor with a spear.

(2) The Ascension (Connor O'Brian & Kenneth Cameron) beat C.J. Parker & Mike Dalton in a squash tag match. Ascension had an epic entrance and were impressive.

Damien Sandow refused to fight Jason Jordan. It was the same promo from his Smackdown appearances. Damien was over as a heel; funny stuff.

(3) Tyson Kidd beat Michael McGillicutty via submission. Great match that captivated the crowd and had plenty of nearfalls. Kidd won with a leg choke.

After a brief intermission, a video aired and they shot the crowd to lead into what can be assumed to be the second episode.

EPISODE #2 TAPING

William Regal left commentary for this episode and was replaced by Byron Saxton.

(1) Seth Rollins (formerly Tyler Black) beat Jiro. This was essentially a squash. Rollins cut a promo promising to take NXT, WWE, and the world by storm.

(2) Jinder Mahal beat Jason Jordan via submission with the Camel Clutch. Boring match as indicated by the crowd chants.

(3) Leo Kruger beat Aiden English. Quick and effective establishing Aiden as a face and Kruger as a heel. Post-match, Leo talked about himself on the mic, calling himself the LEO (Lion) of NXT. So, watch out.

(4) Richie Steamboat beat Rick Victor with a big lariat. Richie wrestles a lot like his dad, Ricky Steamboat, who was ringside watching. Richie gave him a shout-out after the match.

(5) Antonio Cesaro beat Dante Dash. Afterward, Aksana declared, "Antonio is my lover!"

(6) Derrick Bateman beat Johnny Curtis. Comedy match with lots of running around.

End of episode. On to Superstar Showdown or the third NXT taping. It wasn't clear.

EPISODE #3 TAPING

Jim Ross remained on for this taping.

(1) WWE tag champion R-Truth beat Epico. Fun match. Truth won with the Little Jimmy.

(2) Sofia Cortez (Ivelise from Tough Enough) beat Paige.

(3) Seth Rollins beat Camacho (w/Hunico) after a standing foot stomp. Heels attacked Rollins post-match until Bo Davis made the save. Of note, Rollins did not use his FCW Hvt. Title at either taping.

(4) FCW tag champions Jake Carter & Corey Graves beat C.J. Parker & Nick Rogers. Again, the titles were not mentioned.

(5) Kassius Ohno (Chris Hero) beat Mike Dalton. Due to Hero's long beard, a "Let's Go Jesus" chant caught on loudly. Post-match, Ohno said he knocks people out and when people see him, they say, "Oh no!"

Leo Kruger came out again and the audience sighed. People were leacing at this point due to not knowing much of the talent. A whole section became spotty and empty. A "We Want Sheamus" chant broke out.

(6) Richie Steamboat beat Leo Kruger. The match ended abruptly after Richie hit a nasty gusher. Post-match, Kruger attacked Richie to good heat. Richie was carried out.

(7) Jinder Mahal beat Derrick Bateman via submission with the Camel Clutch. Jinder got really good shine tonight. He reapplied his finisher after the match until refs separated them.

Byron Saxton is off the booth and now Jack Russo and William Regal have joined Ross.

(8) Ascension beat The Usos. Wow, that's an upset. It's not clear how many episodes they're up to now, but this is dragging badly, and not because of the wrestling.

(9) Bray Wyatt beat Aiden English. Husky Harris's new act is fantastic.

(10) Hunico & Camacho & Michael McGillicutty beat Tyson Kidd & Seth Rollins & Bo Dallas in a six-man tag match. McG avenged his loss against Kidd from earlier in the taping.

(11) World Hvt. champion Sheamus beat Alberto Del Rio to retain the World Hvt. Title. Sheamus won with the Brogue Kick in a good house show-style title match.

That was the end of the taping. They announced they will return next month after taping a month's worth of NXT in one night.

·
WF's AKB Fan
5,757 Posts
Re: SPOILERS - Complete results from first NXT/Superstar Showdown TV taping at Full S

No more NXT redemtion, FCW stars everywhere, WWE guest stars, I can watch this show again.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Re: SPOILERS - Complete results from first NXT/Superstar Showdown TV taping at Full S

i will be interested in how this comes off on TV in the UK next week,so the mainstays of NXT such as Hawkins/Reks, Maxine/Kaitlyn werent there, hope this means better things for those 4

·
What?
13,511 Posts

Looks spectacular. Triple H is doing good things with the show by the looks of it. Excited to see Rollins and Steamboat wrestle. I've heard a lot but haven't seen much of their work yet.

Looks good to me.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts

Good thing Ambrose is only on the dark match. They must be calling him up to the main roster instead of sticking him on the death show.

Interesting to see Hero here. Didn't I just read that he was injured the other day? Could've sworn... :argh:

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts

Hey, I actually might start watching NXT again.
I might start watching NXT for the first time since Season 1 lol. They have the talent there. I'd like to see some storylines on the go though. If it's just going to be matches then yes, it's good for the guys to learn etc but it won't be much in terms of entertainment value for me. I like to watch characters. Also, I'd love it if Trips was allowed to just book this whatever way he wanted as a mini show. Then we'd be able to see what he's made of without Vince controlling everything lol.

·
Registered
471 Posts

Nice :)

·
Registered
574 Posts

I might start watching NXT for the first time since Season 1 lol. They have the talent there. I'd like to see some storylines on the go though. If it's just going to be matches then yes, it's good for the guys to learn etc but it won't be much in terms of entertainment value for me. I like to watch characters. Also, I'd love it if Trips was allowed to just book this whatever way he wanted as a mini show. Then we'd be able to see what he's made of without Vince controlling everything lol.
Maybe you should have watched NxT ever since January then...

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts

Maybe you should have watched NxT ever since January then...
He meant compelling characters. Not cookie cutter ones like Kruger, Dalton, Woods, and Steamboat (as much as I love Richie in the ring).

·
Registered
574 Posts

He meant compelling characters. Not cookie cutter ones like Kruger, Dalton, Woods, and Steamboat (as much as I love Richie in the ring).
Wait what?! Are you talking about FCW or NxT because I know that until yesterday Kruger, Dalton, Woods, and Steamboat could never be associated whatsoever with NxT...

·
Best In The World
4,752 Posts

rollins - epic

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts

What in the blue hell is this? This seems like a great watch. JR on commentary?

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts

Wait what?! Are you talking about FCW or NxT because I know that until yesterday Kruger, Dalton, Woods, and Steamboat could never be associated whatsoever with NxT...
Both really. Whether its Kidd, McGuillicutty, Bateman, Curtis or Kruger, Dalton, Woods, and Steamboat, it's all the same bland, uninteresting, boring character they are associated with.

·
Registered
574 Posts

Both really. Whether its Kidd, McGuillicutty, Bateman, Curtis or Kruger, Dalton, Woods, and Steamboat, it's all the same bland, uninteresting, boring character they are associated with.
Well, I'll agree that they are somehow dull...

But seeing McGillicutty and Kidd having an actual storyline was very refreshing because you dontt see that happen too much anymore in today's WWE except if we're talking about John Cena or John Laurinatis.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts

But what is their characters to make the feud appealing? Yes, they may have a "good" feud but what is the end game for both of them if they aren't attractive to fans (from both spectrum of the community) in the first place.

That's a crucial major problem for WWE. Lack of character development.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts

Oh wow, I had no idea that FCW is "merged" with NXT. I thought the only difference would be the change of scenery for NXT tapings. This seems awesome by looking at those spoilers.

And Dusty as GM...

:punk

·
Banned
2,045 Posts

I don't think you know what you're talking about. The guys on NXT can't be compared to those FCW guys. Curtis has a better and more defined character than most guys on the main roster. NXT was great for character development.

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts

This sounds brilliant.

NXT had become this weird bastardized offspring of Smackdown, were wrestlers became stuck in limbo, and the audience didn't care. That NXT had become a place to watch cast-offs - the talent that the WWE didn't want on Raw or Smackdown. That NXT was dead in the water.

This NXT looks to be a place to watch development talent grow into WWE superstars - something completely different for the WWE universe - and that's something that I'm personally quite interested in.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts