Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone catch this week's SD tapings? Randy beat the hell outta Cody with his mask, then a chair and the bell leading to excess bleeding. I wanted to know whether it was blading or it was just an accident. If it was an accident, I'd like to see how they show it this Friday. And if it was blading.. Yay!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Blood in the WWE again??? I hope so, how lame was the Punk vs HHH match at NoC, a few years ago a HHH no DQ match meant there would be blood, it always made thematches look more aggressive and gave the impressions the wrestlers had been in a war and I loved it!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think the incident won't be aired this Friday. Smackdown is still a PG-Show and they don't use blading in this era. In addition to that "Blading" doesn't return on a pre-taped Smackdown. I think they're going to cut out the whole "blood"-segment. This was simply an accident caused by Orton.

·
Registered
357 Posts
well we can only hope that they show it.. WWE needs to push the envelope.

The PG era is getting very stale, WWE can't even sell out an arena anymore.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I was at the taping, but I wasn't in a spot where I could make out exactly what caused the bleeding. My guess is that he bladed, since I doubt Orton could have possibly clocked him with the ring bell THAT effectively. It was a lot of blood. The fact that Orton kept beating on him afterwards tells me that it wasn't too shocking to them.
Rhodes took two RKO's on the announce table AFTER bleeding everywhere. He just kept bleeding. Security had to hold people back from trying to touch Orton until Orton had toweled off during it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yeah, with the whole Linda running for Senate thing and the Bob Orton Hepatitis C incident, blading isn't going to be back in the WWE for a long time. It's probably for the best.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
It's possible that it was an accident, but that would have required a major screwup from Orton AND the ability to ignore it for 80% of the post match beat down. I consider that unlikely, since Orton just kept going. Rhodes took more of a beating after getting busted open than he took prior to it.

They spent a good chunk of time cleaning and sanitizing the mat in the ring area, the announce table. Orton made quite the game of toweling himself afterward. The towel rubbing between his legs at the end was not exactly "PG" either.

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
I really don't think the WWE will air the part that involved the bleeding. It could have been an accident, but it's hard to say. If it was part of the segment, then yes, they'll show it. I just don't think we'll see that part since it is Smackdown after all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts