1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Makes sense now although would of preferred it getting merged with another title like they did with the KOTM when Lashley won all the gold before.

·
Intoner
6,589 Posts
I guess he's Sydals manager now.

And can you bury the belt more than by giving it to Matthews?

Reactions: jpickens

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Why Josh Mathews though?
I kind of get why they did it this way. By giving it to Mathews, an inactive wrestler, they are effectively saying the title is inactive. This would prevent Sydal from being the last champion. It doesn't really enhance the career of a final champion, and since Mathews is no longer a wrestler, it ends there. I think this is their intent, unless this is some kind of spoof storyline against the U.S title in WWE.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,374 Posts
I mean the title is dumb as fuck but they should have just changed it to something better :draper2

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
It's a shit idea with the 3 rounds bollocks like it's MMA (even though championship fights tend to be 5 in the likes of UFC & Bellator), very piss poor attempt

Josh Matthews fpalm just can the title

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hahaha I like that, not just taking the belt away but burying it as well and in the manner they did. Good stuff. It never did quite work but at least they tried after Corgan left. Not a terrible track records of champions either. At the last tapings I thought it was used okay, the stuff with Bahh, EC3 and Sydal was fine. Onwards and upwards with only 3 titles sounds smart to me.

·
HEADBANGA
22,461 Posts
Impact doesn't know how to fucking book a midcard title to save their lives. It's not that hard, if you're having a hard time figuring it out then they should watch how New Japan book their secondary titles.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
I did like the design of the belt but I guess that's pretty much about it. Good riddance I guess.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Makes sense now although would of preferred it getting merged with another title like they did with the KOTM when Lashley won all the gold before.
KotM Title wasn't unified with anything, Corgan deactivated it, ironically this was the same time the Grand Championship debuted.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I still think the idea could have worked using guys like Lashley, Edwards and Davey Richards when he was still there. Let the guys just work for 3 rounds or less, tell a different story in each one. EC3 and Moose just weren't the right guys. Aron Rex having it put the whole model in a hole from the get go. They should have put it on Fantasma when they had the chance.

Impact is going to look a whole lot different in a few months when this taping is over.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
I guess im the only one that thought the name of the belt was very good and had a strong meaning. Grand is important x division is a gimmick.

They need to have a defenders belt or mid level belt.

The nwa jr world championship is a great sample of a bjg belt bit srill second

·
Registered
977 Posts
I guess he's Sydals manager now.

And can you bury the belt more than by giving it to Matthews?
Yes you can, by putting it on this man bro :russo

Brutal truth by Don Callis, can't wait to see how his reign in charge goes should be a wild ride :popcorn

·
Registered
15 Posts
never liked the look of this title, visually it looked like a cheap turd. Definitely should have unified it though... and while we are on the subject of josh matthews, why is this guy still employed?

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Glad to see this junk go. Corgan's massive misfire. Not sure why it was kept even after he was out.

Although, the failure of every TNA/Impact mid-card championship continues to rise. That's no good.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts