Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like Alberto Del Rio. Vince McMahon is very high on the Mexican newcomer and once Del Rio puts his feud against Rey Mysterio to rest, he'll be the one to feud with Kingston. I don't think it will be Cody Rhodes due to the fact that McMahon is not very high on him and his recent racist remarks against Mexicans has stalled his push.

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,645 Posts
Rachel gave up on Cody apparently being buried, and has now moved on to this.

In short... Alberto Del Rio does not need the IC title or to even be in that picture. He's in programs with Rey, Kane, and Edge. The guy is already a main eventer, he doesn't need to go backwards to the IC title.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
I like Alberto Del Rio. Vince McMahon is very high on the Mexican newcomer and once Del Rio puts his feud against Rey Mysterio to rest, he'll be the one to feud with Kingston. I don't think it will be Cody Rhodes due to the fact that McMahon is not very high on him and his recent racist remarks against Mexicans has stalled his push.
Here we go again.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Yeah that makes sense. Would produce good matches. As I said Kofi Kingston is the mid card title transitional champion that is there just for some heel their pushing to win the belt. The only problem is once Alberto Del Rio wins where does he go from there. Will he feud with Ezekiel Jackson or Christian when he returns from his injury. Aside from those two people and Kofi Kingston I can't see what Alberto Del Rio can do with the belt better than Ziggler, McIntyre, Kofi, Morrison and on and on. Not that that's a bad thing by WWE standards today but I want a good reign out of somebody even if it's a character I'm not too high on right now like Alberto Del Rio. Hopefully he manages to build himself up here with more ring work than we've seen in the past several months from him but I doubt it.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Since Del rio would lose this feud (I don't think Kofi will lose his first IC feud), I really don't think he should be the one to challenge for him. Swagger would be a better fit, given their recent history.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
You must be the most pessimist Cody Rhodes fan in this forum.

And no, ADR is probably gonna win either MITB or WHC in near future, not IC title, he's already above midcard level, he can easily win IC title but that would be a stepback for him.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Given the Number 1 contenders match, I would like to see Cody go for the IC title, he worked his ass off in that match.

Have not seen Del Rio for some time, except on raw on Monday (just cannot watch rey, he reaaallllly annoys me), but from his promo before rey entered the ring, I think he just may win the rumble. Sucks for Dolph though, unless they turn him face in time for wrestlemania.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Del Rio is above the IC title and I doubt he's going to have anything to do with Kofi...unless they plan on bringing Kofi up, which I doubt since he just won the mid-card title again.

Cody isn't being buried, he'll most likely (maybe along with Swagger) get the IC title feud now.

·
This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
8,661 Posts
How can a guy with no PPV wins and no singles matches on PPV who has been around for five months be above the IC Title? Mexican JBL being in a IC Title match at Mania could actually help him. Kofi would be a great opponent as well.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
It won't be Del Rio, he should be higher up the card after his win over Mysterio, Cody is a much more likely candidate.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts