Wrestling Forum banner

Spoiler for Smackdown Elim Chamber

1326 18
So Edge v Del Rio at wrestlemania, hopefully christian gets a role as well, in a triple threat match.

Who was happy with edge winning? since del rio and edge don't have much of a history was it a good idea? Or if it weren't for christian coming back would it have been a bad idea. What's your thoughts guys?
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2,491 Posts
i was thinking the same thing, triple threat match. edge vs adr wouldnt draw that well on its own.

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well sadly for the most part the only reason this feud is alive is because of christian, I thought it was a terrible idea for edge to win, after all the build up mysterio and del rio had it would have made sense, and it would have attracted more people then edge and del rio. I don't care about the whole cody rhodes is getting a feud with mysterio right now for wrestlemania, that's not worthy of any pay per view between those two, especially wrestlemania.

I don't even like Mysterio, but i thought it would have been the better decision, i know no one likes to see feuds repeating so much but mysterio if he lost could have put over del rio at wrestlemania, instead it seems like del rio is just going to be out of place...

I don't know glad christians back, but I just don't think it was best for del rio's rtwm. Even though christian has more of a reason to fight del rio then edge ever will...

· Registered
2,775 Posts
Why would Mysterio win when they're building a Mysterio/Rhodes feud?

As far as Christian goes, he'll be involved in some way and will either turn heel and cost Edge the match, or accidentally cost him the match and have Edge turn heel instead.

· Banned
1,143 Posts
Well sadly for the most part the only reason this feud is alive is because of christian, I thought it was a terrible idea for edge to win, after all the build up mysterio and del rio had it would have made sense, and it would have attracted more people then edge and del rio. I don't care about the whole cody rhodes is getting a feud with mysterio right now for wrestlemania, that's not worthy of any pay per view between those two, especially wrestlemania.

I don't even like Mysterio, but i thought it would have been the better decision, i know no one likes to see feuds repeating so much but mysterio if he lost could have put over del rio at wrestlemania, instead it seems like del rio is just going to be out of place...

I don't know glad christians back, but I just don't think it was best for del rio's rtwm. Even though christian has more of a reason to fight del rio then edge ever will...
How would Del Rio vs Mysterio have attracted more people? The feud would've been old and not interesting at this time considering how long ago their feud first started. No one would've cared. This is at least newer and although I don't think it'll be as great a match, it won't make you feel like your watching a re run.

I do however think that Christian needs to be involved in the feud. It would make the most sense and it would give it a lot more attention.

· Registered
294 Posts
Nobody cares about Edge, I think what you all need to be talking about is Drew McIntyre, that guy came out like a man possessed. He was on fire. Talk about him for a while, not Edge, he is a douche

· Registered
28 Posts
The Edge/McIntyre confrontation got me thinking...

so I'm calling it now :p

WrestleMania 27:
World Heavyweight Championship
Edge (c) v Christian v Del Rio v McIntrye

... but then they had a guy kick out of his finisher and jobbed him out to a 43 year old who doesn't have much time left... Youth movement eh? If I was booking that is what I'd book the four way anyway. Get an Edge and Christian reunion out of it too :p with Christian becoming more and more like his 2005 tweener character as Mania approaches.

· Registered
6,688 Posts
It was nice to see Christian return, but I wish he didn't since its now fucked up the feud for Edge and Del Rio.

- Vic
What feud?

Edge is champion, and Rio is the Rumble winner. That's it.

There's no interesting back-story - no prior interaction to build off.

Adding Christian provided a story for the match. He didn't ruin anything; he improved it.

· Registered
1,426 Posts
What feud?

Edge is champion, and Rio is the Rumble winner. That's it.

There's no interesting back-story - no prior interaction to build off.

Adding Christian provided a story for the match. He didn't ruin anything; he improved it.
Yeah, as much as I hate to admit it, they can never have a "Wrestler A is the champ, Wrestler B won the Rumble, so there's our storyline" type of feud. EVERY Rumble winner has a backstory with the champion they go after (or THE ONLY champion if we're talking pre-2002), with the possible exception of Taker and Batista in 2007.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.