Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you look closely at ADRs match against Christian you'll see that he constantly works on the left arm, then applies the armbar to the right, and Christian taps like a bitch.

Nothing big really, and I am actually one of the few Del Rio fans around here. I just found that detail incredibly annoying.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
While it could be a botch, it also could be the fact that Christian was booked to receive multiple arm holds to sell an injured shoulder/arm. If you continually yank on the same arm, you can actually do damage to it. Del Rio might have actually been preventing strain for Christian. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
The way I see it, a wrestler's finisher is meant to end a match. Taking out the use of an arm prevents them from defending against a finisher, regardless of what body part the finisher is meant to affect.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
You don't really need to "set up" a cross armbreaker anyway. Even if Del Rio pulled the old arm switcharoo, so what? A smart person is going to give up rather quickly.

·
I am Jack's broken heart
7,445 Posts
Yeah. Psychology is psychology, but doesn't mean it applies to real life.

For example, if an MMA fighter is punching his opponents face the entire time, and all of a sudden locks in an armbar, it doesn't really matter because that guy will be tapping like a bitch anyway.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Realistically speaking, you'd have one less limb to defend yourself with. The psychology still makes sense.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It's not that big a deal. I mean, I didn't even notice it. I thought this was going to be about how del Rio botched taking the pendulum kick.

Anyway, this match really underscored just how bad the commentary has gotten. No mention of last year's blood feud that culminated in Christian winning the WHC. Nothing about how del Rio tore Christian's pec with the cross armbreaker in late 2010 or how Christian is coming back from multiple injuries and that tapping quickly once he got caught rather than risking yet another by fighting it was the smart move. SD needs Ross and Regal.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,529 Posts
I could lock you in an armbar right now and you'd be tapping straight away. It doesn't matter if I was working it all day. You'd be tapping like a bitch.

#KeyboardWarrior

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Anyway, this match really underscored just how bad the commentary has gotten. No mention of last year's blood feud that culminated in Christian winning the WHC. Nothing about how del Rio tore Christian's pec with the cross armbreaker in late 2010 or how Christian is coming back from multiple injuries and that tapping quickly once he got caught rather than risking yet another by fighting it was the smart move. SD needs Ross and Regal.
All of this would have added to the match, but WWE assumes that you can't remember past three weeks.

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
Wrestling psychology has its own rules. I know that a cross armbreaker means immediate tap-out in real life but in wrestling psychology terms you should only tap immediately if you're a jobber bitch or if you're very hurt. Christian is not booked like a bitch so Del Rio screwed up, it's as simple as that.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm not sure why but I was legit surprised at the outcome of the match.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Wrestling psychology has its own rules. I know that a cross armbreaker means immediate tap-out in real life but in wrestling psychology terms you should only tap immediately if you're a jobber bitch or if you're very hurt. Christian is not booked like a bitch so Del Rio screwed up, it's as simple as that.
It's pretty common for people to tap instantly to ADR's Cross Armbreaker. I'd say everyone who wasn't Cena, Punk, Sheamus, or Orton has done it (faces, obviously). It's not a big deal.

That being said, it definitely looked like ADR did grab the wrong arm. Christian seemed to try and "give" Del Rio the left arm a couple of times while ADR was getting into position.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts