Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source: WXZ

Current plans call for Dolph Ziggler to win the World Heavyweight Championship this Friday on SmackDown, with Vickie Guerrero as the special referee. The plan is for Ziggler to have a short reign until Elimination Chamber, where Edge will win back the World Championship and feud with Alberto Del Rio. Ziggler will then feud with Drew McIntyre going into WrestleMania.
they should just wait until after wrestlemania and give ziggler a reign then imo.

·
Administrator
59,423 Posts
What's the point in him getting the World title just to lose it back weeks later? I'm guessing all the creative team does in the office is cartwheels, backflips and crack.

Not only that, but then that would make Edge an 11 time champion? He should only be like a 4 time champ to begin with.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
If this is true then why didn't they just have him win at the Royal Rumble?
Because that would be the logical way to do things. I guess the whole idea is that he only gets it because of Vickie - he's getting a chance this Friday after failling at the Rumble, then next friday and if it's true he wins it next Friday.

I guess the whole point is he needed chance after chance and Vickie's help.

Edit: I meant to mention that I think this'll lead to Vickie being booted from her position for abusing her power.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,159 Posts
This is a horrible decision. Please God tell me this is not true.

Ziggler had just become a great midcard king some months back. Throwing him a world championship for a few days is an absolutely disastrous decision and should be rejected. Haven't we had enough shitty first world championship reigns in the past, like, four years or so?

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I'm sure this will happen, WWE seems forcing the stardom to a lot of their young stars since last year. That being said, if this happens i would be very disappointed, Ziggler deserves better than 9-day reign. Awful reward for his hard work. I'd prefer a natural slow ascension to the main event level for Ziggler because it will help him more in the long term.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I would like to see Ziggler hold the WHC belt for several months after Mania. Not have him win it then force him to drop it in like a week or two that would be sooo stupid. I bet everyone in this forum can write a better storyline for Ziggler than the chump writers on smackdown

·
Registered
930 Posts
What a terrible idea. I think even if this is the plan, they'll get cold feet and not pull the trigger. Because boy would that be fucking stupid, to give Ziggler a pointless, short reign like that.

Especially when a certain someone on Smackdown who should have the title long before Ziggler (helpful hint: he's in my avatar) hasn't gotten one yet.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
And this is many reasons why is exactly WWE is in the state that they are in right now and majority of their current new fresh talent are nothing but glorified mid-carders.

The Miz, Jack Swagger, Sheamus and now Mr. Bland himself-Dolph Ziggler.

Add to the fact that Alberto Del Rio is the winner of the Royal Rumble and crowd still not warmed up to this guy when he could be established more by feuding with variety of veterans or winning mid-card titles first. (I’m a fan of Del Rio but he get’s half of a reaction from the crowd, Ricardo is more over then him and that is a fact.)

What happen to actually building your star of the future up first?

It is really amazing how WWE hasn’t given no one a proper and steady push since Heel MVP.

I’m also still shock beyond belief of the WWE that--

1. Wade Barrett the most promising star out of all them and ACTUALLY have presence of a main eventer still haven’t won the gold yet before all of them. I’m not even a fan of Barrett but that is just ridiculous that a guy who has no star presence, a guy who won the title with absolutely no momentum, a guy who just strolled into the company and just win the WWE title and now losing to Santino and now possibly a guy who is the most blandest character in the WWE right now may all win World titles before the likes of Barrett.

2. Where is the next big Face of this youth movement? Where the hell is he? It’s majority Heels just dominating with all of these rush and random pushes.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
That is one of the stupidest articles I've read in my life there is no point at all for Ziggler to win get a 9 day reign then lose it straight after and plus another Edge reign would just piss me off he's gotten 10 he doesn't need anymore

·
Registered
11,819 Posts
A part of me hates this idea.. because ziggler deserves better. But another part of me tells me.. If Ziggler doesnt win this week.. then he may get lost in the crowd.. and may never get a chance like this after WM (as who knows if vicki and ziggler will remain together after wm). Being a champion once (no matter how long the reign is) WWE wont give up easily on that wrestler. Like Punk, Orton, Sheamus, edge.. they had the terrible first title reigns. But those transitional reigns consolidated them into favorites.

If Ziggler doesnt win this week.. and goes on to win the title after Wm. I'm all for it.. but knowing wwe.. who knows if Ziggler will ever get another chance. Atleast this reign will make him a potential future champion material. And IF Mcintyre can also benefit from this, then its a win win situation for WWE.

So i have a mixed feeling about this.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.