Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Missy
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dot Net has confirmed that the TNA Reaction television show has been cancelled by Spike TV. The final edition of the show will air on Thursday night.

Powell's POV: That's a surprising move given that the show was doing a good rating for its time slot. I enjoyed the format because it gave the talent a chance to talk for themselves. The show was originally picked up for a 10 episode run, and then Spike renewed it again after the initial run.

Credit: ProWrestling .Net and Wrestling Observer
Pretty suprising, alot of people seemed to enjoy the show.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Well, it had a good run. Keep the camera around for backstage segments.

Bishoff/Hogan are leaving imo.
If you read closer, you'll realise that Spike TV gave it 10 episodes and extended it with another 10. They appear to don't want the show around any more, so they canned it. If anything, TNA needs to work with Spike to get Xplosion on the channel now, just not after Impact. Hogan and Bischoff aren't leaving....yet.

·
GIANTS
8,520 Posts
Bishoff/Hogan are leaving imo.
:lmao

Hogan/Bischoff will stay until late 2011, then we'll see if TNA decides to renew their contracts or not. I still say Hogan will wrestle in TNA, just think after 11 hours of surgery today...Hogan was asked on Twitter if he'll wrestle again, "Never say never" was his response. :no:

I seriously think Hogan will die in a wrestling ring, I have the ultimate respect for him and wouldn't mind seeing him a couple times every year...but his time has come!

Edit: I liked Reaction, bad move by Spike!

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,184 Posts
Uh-oh, now they'll actually have to try and make Impact make sense again and try to edit the show to make it fit in 2 hours.

ReAction was hit or miss with me, but I don't think Spike saw it as long term anyway.

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
impact - 1.0
reaction (which is straight after) - 0.3

Not really.
Actually ReAction has done a average of 0.6-0.7 rating. And thats pretty good considering SpikeTV as a network is right now doing a 0.8 average for their shows. Bischoff said himself that the show was a success if it could pull 50% of the Impact viewership, which it did almost every time.

So my guess its either

A, They are planning to get Explosion. They couldnt afford both ReAction and Explosion so they went with Explosion

B, The rating it did wasent worth the money they spent on it. Maybe Bischoff is one greedy bastard.

·
Registered
10,981 Posts
The only time I watched ReAction was the debut show and whenever the main event ran over. however, TNA overplayed till it got to the point where every single week the main event ran over so ReAction lost that thrilling feel.

Overall the show was just boring. I'm not a big fan of that stupid shaking cam. Seriously TNA is perceived as a indy show on Spike, why the hell must they prove that more with that stupid camera. Seriously, I've seen IWA-MS matches that were easier on the eyes.

It's not a big deal for me, as quite frankly, I've only seen 2 or 3 episodes.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I am not surprised by this. The show could not substain most of the viewers from Impact. I guess now Impact will actually end on time now. Maybe this is a wake up call to TNA that Spike wants them to improve the product for Impact. Just maybe.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.