Wrestling Forum banner

581 - 585 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Not really.
Most of the stuff people complain about regarding Mary Jane in the movies comes from the comics. That's the point I was trying to make.

Peter dated Mary Jane before he dated Gwen in the comics. Peter stopped dating Mary Jane because he thought she was too self centered and he then start dating Gwen afterwards.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Most of the stuff people complain about regarding Mary Jane in the movies comes from the comics. That's the point I was trying to make.
Ok. Except Comic MJ had a different personality from Raimi one, being that she actually had one and had far reaching reasons for why she was the way she was beyond teen melodrama shit. That and Comic MJ was actually likable.

·
Team AEW
2,982 Posts
Gwen is SUPPOSED to more likeable than Mary Jane. That's what drove Peter away from Mary Jane and onto Gwen.
It didn't drive Peter away from MJ to Gwen in the movie, though. And Peter wasn't really attracted to her at all. So I think what virus21 means is - it just looks more like a screw up on their part, rather than re-imagining of comics storyline.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
It didn't drive Peter away from MJ to Gwen in the movie, though. And Peter wasn't really attracted to her at all. So I think what virus21 means is - it just looks more like a screw up on their part, rather than re-imagining of comics storyline.
It was a screw up, Gwen shouldn't have been in Spider-Man 3 at all and (just like Eddie Brock) was shoehorned into the movie by Sony. They could've easilly replaced Gwen with Felicia Hardy or they could've gave Betty Brant more screen time.

581 - 585 of 585 Posts