Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Re: Spider-Man: Far From Home (July 5, 2019)

If a movie is the first of a series and is tasked with introducing a character, then it needs to establish all the basics and lay the foundation for the character and the world they inhabit. Yes the world knows who Spiderman is and how he became Spiderman but we don't know this Spiderman.

They didn't need to reintroduce Uncle Ben and show us the murder again but to not even mention it? It's the foundation for the character's entire motivation. It would be like penning a Batman movie that failed to reference the Wayne murder. Without it an essential piece of the puzzle is missing. It's what defines his mission. It's what propelled him to act. He takes on a whole different identity if he's just a normal dude that wanted to do some good.

It's not nearly as personal.
Fair point I honestly misremembered and thought it was mentioned but mostly glossed over to focus on the rest of the movie like the spiderbite itself was but if it was not mentioned at all then I'll concede there as you're definitely right in that some mention at least is necessary.

·
Registered
6,719 Posts

Looks great, but I can't help but feel they just replaced visiting DC with visiting Europe and Tony Stark with black Tony Stark from Homecoming.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

Looks as bad as the 1st one

why did they spoil the Nick Fury appearance? Talk about showing too much

Flash is just as pathetic as before and the fake MJ looks even more annoying than in Homecoming

plus this just feels too soon to Endgame - we all know they are all coming back to life but after seeing that EG trailer, and before that film is even out, we now see Spiderman swinging around with his bunch of clowns as sidekicks cracking bad jokes....just makes Endgame seems sullied a bit.

From the ending of Infinity War and the big build up to Endgame we get that ill-timed trailer....Spiderman should have come out either late autumn/fall or winter time to give a big gap between films

Fuck Sony

EDIT - just been told that Sony had the choice to hold off on any sort of trailer or promotional material and could have waited until after EG came out but they decided to start now - fucking cunts

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts

Looks awesome, Mysterio looks perfect, also go to see them using new villains like Hydro-Man as well and not rehash the ones we saw in the other movies. The HS comedy is spot on again. Its good to see when Marvel helps sony with spiderman how great it can be.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts

2 different trailers in this vid.

I have the same problem with this one as I did the last one. Mainly, the garbage high school kids they surrounded Parker with. Fake MJ is terrible. Flash is even worse. Fat comedic sidekick can go.

Other than that, I rather liked the first movie. I dig Holland's Spidey. I liked Stark's role in the first one, just like I will probably like Fury in this one. If Mysterio is anywhere near as good as Vulture, this film will do alright.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts

I have the same problem with this one as I did the last one. Mainly, the garbage high school kids they surrounded Parker with. Fake MJ is terrible. Flash is even worse. Fat comedic sidekick can go.

Other than that, I rather liked the first movie. I dig Holland's Spidey. I liked Stark's role in the first one, just like I will probably like Fury in this one. If Mysterio is anywhere near as good as Vulture, this film will do alright.
The cast around him is great way better than the shitty acting cast they had for the Rami an ASM movies.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

I really can't stand those three and I only disagree with you in that I didn't like HC - Vulture was the only highlight for me in that film

and it looks like the film is set BEFORE Infinity War - them being on the bus at the start of IW is probably them coming back from the trip

thank fuck for that because it still makes everything feel like it hinges on Endgame

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts

I really can't stand those three and I only disagree with you with me not liking HC - Vulture was the only highlight for me in that film

and it looks like the film is set BEFORE Infinity War - them being on the bus at the start of IW is probably them coming back from the trip

thank fuck for that because it still makes everything feel like it hinges on Endgame
They already said it takes place AFTER EG

·
Registered
3,730 Posts

Oh, come on. I was disappointed when I knew there was no Mary Jane in the MCU but Michelle is a great character. Being another social awkward person instead of a bombshell makes her interesting. And that Zendaya kid looks so cute without all the makeup and fanfare. I didn't have faith in liking her character in Homecoming but I ended in love with her lel.

I have to admit I'd prefer classic jock bully Flash instead of rich Guatemalteco Flash. But a lot of people think that embodies better modern-age bullying (not sure about that but anyway).

Anyway let's focus on the good things: Mysterio looks awesome and the nods to classic Sandman, Molten Man and Hydroman are cool. Also Spider-man/Peter Parker look awesome. Best live iteration of the character without a trace of doubt.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

Reactions: Blackbeard

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts

calling it now:
Hyrdo-Man, Sandman and Molten Man are all illusions created by Mysterio for him to fight and claim to be a hero
"calling it now"

Yeah, you and half the people on Twitter. :punk2

I won't ever watch this film so as far as I am concerned it is set before IW

keeps the massive drama of Endgame alive for me
The good guys will win, Thanos will be defeated, and the people who were dusted will be un-dusted.

There, now you know what is going to happen and you don't have to fret over drama anymore.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

"calling it now"

Yeah, you and half the people on Twitter. :punk2

The good guys will win, Thanos will be defeated, and the people who were dusted will be un-dusted.

There, now you know what is going to happen and you don't have to fret over drama anymore.
Really?? I thought they might all stay dead!!

Of course that is going to happen but it is like any major cliffhanger from any TV show - obviously everyone is going to be ok in the end but I don't want to see a clip of episode 2 of the new series where everything is back to normal...it is fucking retarded this trailer coming out now

41 - 60 of 585 Posts