Wrestling Forum banner

561 - 580 of 585 Posts

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,879 Posts
So now it comes to light about workload and possibly shoehorning in the Venom-verse? Interesting. If I were Disney I would just let Spider-Man die off, he's one character. Great villains, but just one main character.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
It’s a miracle Disney and Sony were able to create 5 movies using the Spider-Man character. They did what many thought was impossible.

Time to move forward with Sony’s live-action and animated Spider-Verses.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts
It’s a miracle Disney and Sony were able to create 5 movies using the Spider-Man character. They did what many thought was impossible.

Time to move forward with Sony’s live-action and animated Spider-Verses.
Sony got the boost they needed but Disney was asking for so much. With the right people this could be awesome.

So far they've done pretty well with it all. It's not like Kevin has batted 1000 and there isn't some shit or bland Marvel films. There are several that were decent that I'd never watch again.

I think people are overreacting .

In before Disney buys Sony. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Would people be cheering if tomorrow Universal buys the Captain America rights and develops a Captain America movie totally isolated from the Marvel Universe starring Chris Evans? Or would it be calles what it is: bullshit?

It's only logical that the films about characters that were created by Marvel Comics and live within the same Marvel Universe, happen in the same universe and are made by Marvel Studios. I can't even begin to understand how some people find any other choice acceptable. At least live action films. Things like TASM or Fox's X-Men are the past. We tolerated them, kinda, when we had no choice. But that past should never ever return. It's not even about Feige better or worse. It's just common sense. There must exist a continuity that contains every Marvel character, and that's the MCU.

Spider-man should be in crossovers with Dr.Strange and the Fantastic Four, not being shoehorned in some lame Venom thingy that has already butchered the most interesting parts of the characters in the comics.

·
Premium Member
44,059 Posts
Part of me thinks it sucks as Spidey was one of the few things left in the MCU that I was interested in.

But another part of me is like "Fuck Disney". Disney has been pissing me off lately, so them taking an L here makes me lol.

·
Team AEW
2,982 Posts
Part of me thinks it sucks as Spidey was one of the few things left in the MCU that I was interested in.

But another part of me is like "Fuck Disney". Disney has been pissing me off lately, so them taking an L here makes me lol.
You know, part of me thinks "fuck both of them", and the other part thinks "fuck them both".

It's so sad that everything is about rights and money these days. Well, when wasn't it, though, but still. I agree that the new Avengers, or whatever they'll be called, aren't going to hold my interest without Spider-Man. And I'm also not excited to see Spidey with Venom from Sony. So, it's kinda more an "L" than a "W" for me.

·
Banned
76 Posts
I wish they rebooted Sam Raimi's Spider-man & ignore 3.

Spider-man 2 shouldn't have killed Doc Oct.

There is something I'm not feeling about this Spider-man, he's been a teen too long, in the comics that lasted a few comics

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I wish they rebooted Sam Raimi's Spider-man & ignore 3.

Spider-man 2 shouldn't have killed Doc Oct.

There is something I'm not feeling about this Spider-man, he's been a teen too long, in the comics that lasted a few comics
That's a terrible idea, Spider-Man 3 wasn't even that bad and I hate when movies try to ignore a bad sequel. Just own up to it. Plus, Spider-Man 3 didn't really do anything on the level of a Last Jedi or X-Men 3 to warrant the movie being erased from continuity besides the whole Sandman killing Uncle Ben retcon.

Spider-Man was a teen for a while in the comics. I think you meant him being in High School lasted for a few issues.

If so then I agree. For some odd reason, people have this mindset that Spider-Man should only be in High School.

·
Banned
76 Posts
That's a terrible idea, Spider-Man 3 wasn't even that bad and I hate when movies try to ignore a bad sequel. Just own up to it. Plus, Spider-Man 3 didn't really do anything on the level of a Last Jedi or X-Men 3 to warrant the movie being erased from continuity besides the whole Sandman killing Uncle Ben retcon.

Spider-Man was a teen for a while in the comics. I think you meant him being in High School lasted for a few issues.

If so then I agree. For some odd reason, people have this mindset that Spider-Man should only be in High School.
Look my favorite movie is the first, no origin, superhero or spiderman movie will compare.

My problem is the sequels, while Spider-man 2 had good story, it wasn't as good as the first, and was kind of a rehash of the 1st(the choice)

Sam Raimi had a tendency to kill every other villain, it made sense in the first movie that either Peter or Norman were gonna go because Norman was so crazy he wasn't stop and eventually Norman killed himself.

But Doc Ock & Venom could've lived and their characters be used for more movies.

Won't even get into the amazing series.

Raimi movies were of better quality. MCU spiderman is overrated.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Look my favorite movie is the first, no origin, superhero or spiderman movie will compare.

My problem is the sequels, while Spider-man 2 had good story, it wasn't as good as the first, and was kind of a rehash of the 1st(the choice)

Sam Raimi had a tendency to kill every other villain, it made sense in the first movie that either Peter or Norman were gonna go because Norman was so crazy he wasn't stop and eventually Norman killed himself.

But Doc Ock & Venom could've lived and their characters be used for more movies.

Won't even get into the amazing series.

Raimi movies were of better quality. MCU spiderman is overrated.
It really wasn't. Spider-Man 1 was about Responsibility and him becoming the superhero, Spider-Man 2 was about Sacrifice and his willingness to give up the thing he wants the most for the greater good.

It's not like the Raimi movies were going the realistic route like the Nolan Batman Films. They could've found a way to bring Ock and Venom back if they wanted to.

·
Banned
76 Posts
It really wasn't. Spider-Man 1 was about Responsibility and him becoming the superhero, Spider-Man 2 was about Sacrifice and his willingness to give up the thing he wants the most for the greater good.

It's not like the Raimi movies were going the realistic route like the Nolan Batman Films. They could've found a way to bring Ock and Venom back if they wanted to.

That's what part 1 was about, the whole scene at the end where he rejects Mary Jane then says,

"No matter what life has in store for me, I will never forget these words, with great power comes great responsibility, this is my gift, this is my curse, who am I? I'm Spider-man"

Right there he chose to be Spider-Man

Green Goblin tried to tempt him to join him for evil and kill people, he chose not to.

The whole last battle, remember "We are who we choose to be, now choose"

He chose to be a hero, even when a villain was threatening him and his family, I can't buy the stuff happening in Spider-Man 2 making him quit when Norman couldn't get him to quit.

Spider-Man 2 would've been better if they took out the part where he gave up & had Doc Oct live.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Not related to this Spider-Man movie, but got my attention.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
That's what part 1 was about, the whole scene at the end where he rejects Mary Jane then says,

"No matter what life has in store for me, I will never forget these words, with great power comes great responsibility, this is my gift, this is my curse, who am I? I'm Spider-man"

Right there he chose to be Spider-Man

Green Goblin tried to tempt him to join him for evil and kill people, he chose not to.

The whole last battle, remember "We are who we choose to be, now choose"

He chose to be a hero, even when a villain was threatening him and his family, I can't buy the stuff happening in Spider-Man 2 making him quit when Norman couldn't get him to quit.

Spider-Man 2 would've been better if they took out the part where he gave up & had Doc Oct live.
Which is exactly my point about Spider-Man 1 being about Responsibility. Peter rejected Mary Jane at the end of the first movie because it was the responsible thing to do after he got a hint of what could happen if his enemies finds out about his secret identity with Goblin kidnapping her. Him choosing to go against Green Goblin and stop him from terrorizing the city was the Responsible thing to do. He choosing to become Spider-Man was the Responsible thing to do.

Spider-Man 2 was about him learning the importance of being the hero and being willing to sacrifice his own personal happiness for the greater good (which is something he didn't learn in the first movie).

In Spider-Man 2, he still wants to be with Mary Jane (despite rejecting her) but he feels he can't be with her for obvious reasons, he can't keep a job, his grades at school are declining, he can't be there for his friends, his friends are upset with him, he is about to lose Mary Jane to another guy, etc. He wants to quit and have a normal life but he feels that he can't quit because of his character arc in the first movie. Which is what causes him to lose his powers (and yes him stressing out has caused him to lose his powers in the comics). The whole point of the scene with the Doctor was for Peter to realize that he always have choice to walk away from being Spider-Man if he feels that is what's best for him. He then chooses to quit being Spider-Man.

Him quitting barely does anything to improve his life. Aunt May gives him a speech on heroism and sacrifice (implying that she knows Peter is Spider-Man and how being Spider-Man is the right thing to do). Peter soon realizes that he has to let go of Mary Jane completely to become the hero New York City needs and his powers come back as a result of it.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

·
Team AEW
2,982 Posts
Well Gwen in the Raimi movies was certainly more likable than MJ
This is so funny, because I always thought Gwen in the Web movies was a lot more likable than Mary Jane (well, more for the 1st Web movie, she was fine there, MJ was terrible in all 3 Raimi movies). But when even this Gwen in Raimi movies, a character that is not established and was given a bare minimum screen time... is more likable than Mary Jane, who was there from start to finish and had many chances to become interesting.... you know it's a problem.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
This isn't referring to the comics.

Well Gwen in the Raimi movies was certainly more likable than MJ
That whole lie about "Mary Jane only dating Peter because he's Spider-Man" was me referring to the movies.

My point is that they are using stuff from the movies against Raimi's Mary Jane despite the fact that the points they're making isn't far fetched from what Mary Jane did in the comics. She dated Harry in the comics just like she did in the movie. In the movie, she flirted with Peter despite being with Harry just like in the comics. See where I'm going with this?

Gwen is SUPPOSED to more likeable than Mary Jane. That's what drove Peter away from Mary Jane and onto Gwen.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
That whole lie about "Mary Jane only dating Peter because he's Spider-Man" was me referring to the movies.

My point is that they are using stuff from the movies against Raimi's Mary Jane despite the fact that the points they're making isn't far fetched from what Mary Jane did in the comics. She dated Harry in the comics just like she did in the movie. In the movie, she flirted with Peter despite being with Harry just like in the comics. See where I'm going with this?

Gwen is SUPPOSED to more likeable than Mary Jane. That's what drove Peter away from Mary Jane and onto Gwen.
Not really.

561 - 580 of 585 Posts