Wrestling Forum banner

201 - 220 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Re: Spider-Man: Far From Home (July 5, 2019)

I'm not gonna lie, Mysterio is looking pretty sweet! I'm curious how they are going to explain where he comes from and how he got there.

Reactions: The Phantom

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

Also, I'm confused. So the post snap world is 5 years after Infinity War, yet everyone in Peter's high school appears to be the same age. Did they ALL get snapped and brought back? I know the snap was random, but that's a hell of a convenient occurrence, ain't it?
Well there isn't anything that indicated it was everyone in his high school just Ned, MJ and Flash. Only thing suggested is that half his high school got dusted, because Thanos snapped half the universe away. Also it's less convenient than Tony & Scott not being dusted

·
Registered
3,793 Posts

A little too much Happy Hogan in that trailer.

Also, I'm confused. So the post snap world is 5 years after Infinity War, yet everyone in Peter's high school appears to be the same age. Did they ALL get snapped and brought back? I know the snap was random, but that's a hell of a convenient occurrence, ain't it?
They said only Spidey's friends got snapped, the rest of the school it's new people. Still very convenient, but look at it this way: there were guys like Tony who lost very little, and guys like Cap who pretty much lost all of his closest buddies.

On topic:

HOLY CRAP, THE MULTIVERSE!! :mark :mark

Seriously though, if this isn't proof of what kind of genius runs Marvel, nothing will ever be. They just recently aquired the right for new characters, they needed a way to introduce them. How do they do it? Of course, they take advantage of the previous storyline to give continuity to the whole thing. That's called long-term storytelling, good God how good it is to see it properly applied.

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts

I mean the last Trailer sold before the newest one, but this Trailer blows away the last one with perfection. When I heard Fury said Mysterio is from Earth, just not our Earth I nearly fainted. Multiverse being involved now with the MCU begs alot of questions and possibilities going forward. Surrogate Father Mysterio is going to send Peter down a dark road I hope to Secret Wars or something even bigger down the line.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts

Sorta mixed emotions for me. CG looks ropey but it looks like this is going to be a big movie for setting up the next phase of the MCU and potentially the next big plot convenience to reset the status quo.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts

they said in the trailer, multi-verse
Yes, I meant the explanation for it. Are they just going to say the snap caused it, or is there going to be more. Also, this could be their way of bringing mutants into the MCU.

·
Manic Pixie Dream Girl
4,317 Posts

I think it's a lie; Mysterio relies on deception and subterfuge. He's a con man, a charlatan, and an illusionist.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts

Yes, I meant the explanation for it. Are they just going to say the snap caused it, or is there going to be more. Also, this could be their way of bringing mutants into the MCU.
yeah the trailer said what they did caused rips in time.

Maybe he is from the earth that Thanos died earlier in.

This could be how they introduce mutants techinally Scarlet Witch (and quicksilver) were mutants they just couldnt call them that so they called them miracles.

They could also have it so Wanda unlocks all of the dormant mutant abilities. Or even just have Xavier and 4 or 5 other mutants have a small school in NY that were always hiding until this event happened.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts

I think it's a lie; Mysterio relies on deception and subterfuge. He's a con man, a charlatan, and an illusionist.
Both can be true.

He can be from another earth but also still be a con-man illusionist. Maybe he failed on his earth so he is now trying on this earth.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts

Calling it now. Loki escaping with the space stone had something to do with opening up the multiverse.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts

My problem isn't with Michelle Jones. My problem is that she is not Mary Jane Watson and they are calling her MJ.

201 - 220 of 585 Posts